who will win SC? pick the winner

You know the drill, pick who you THINK will win the vote on Saturday

• Total voters
I believe people are4 still looking for an alternative to Romney, but feel they have to back Romney if he is the presumptive nominee. The game changer might have begun last week with voters wanting this selection process to continue.

I'll go out on a limb and say Goingrich wins in South Carolina only because the race is so tight. Santorum doesn't have the time for the momentum to build after tonight. Romney was not a winner tonight.

Paul because Mitt will win. Newt will not and Santorum will not... Paul is in it for the long game, others are just here for show.

Paul because Mitt will win. Newt will not and Santorum will not... Paul is in it for the long game, others are just here for show.

I disagree. I dont think any of them will be getting out before the convention. I think they are all in it for the long game now. The people in just for show already ran.

And yet, he does.

So what ideology is more persuasive to you than liberty? Honest question.

Im not convinced that liberty is an idealogy.

And he has lost debates. He even admitted tonight that communication of his message has been awkward at times.

If you view debate as sport then, of course, he could use better technique. But the question today is how we ought to be governed. You don't need to be tricky with words when the substance of your argument is truth. I subjectively believe liberty is truth.

You aren't convinced liberty is an ideology. We might just be talking semantics here but what would you call it within the context of modern politics?

If you view debate as sport then, of course, he could use better technique. But the question today is how we ought to be governed. You don't need to be tricky with words when the substance of your argument is truth. I subjectively believe liberty is truth.

You aren't convinced liberty is an ideology. We might just be talking semantics here but what would you call it within the context of modern politics?

Yes. The question is how we ought to be governed. And Ron Paul is wrong on some issues. And about 80% of the Republican party that's voted agrees with me on that.

Liberty is a principle. Not an idealogy. It's not the principle of liberty that I disagree with Dr. Paul on. It's the idealogy on how to secure that principle.

I believe liberty is more than just what the government does or doesnt do in our lives. We could have absolutely no laws, and that doesn't guarentee we have liberty. We could have countless laws and yet have liberty.

Yes. The question is how we ought to be governed. And Ron Paul is wrong on some issues. And about 80% of the Republican party that's voted agrees with me on that.

Liberty is a principle. Not an idealogy. It's not the principle of liberty that I disagree with Dr. Paul on. It's the idealogy on how to secure that principle.

I believe liberty is more than just what the government does or doesnt do in our lives. We could have absolutely no laws, and that doesn't guarentee we have liberty. We could have countless laws and yet have liberty.

Fair enough. I could sit here and try convincing you to see the Rule of Law my way but I don't believe it's my place to tell you who to vote for.

I will however acknowledge it took me a while to support Ron Paul because his philosophy seemed impractical and myopic to me. His platform isn't something that can easily be conveyed when taken out of it's overall context which means it requires an initial investment of time and thought that the mainstream media outlets (specifically News Corp) will not supply you with. I had to investigate for myself and in doing that, the dots began connecting themselves until I was able to intuitively wrap my head around the perspective he views government through. I subjectively believe it to be the right perspective and I base that on my life's experience -- educational, professional, and personal. Right as it is though, I do understand why it doesn't translate very obviously into a populist political platform.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back