Who will voters blame if we default?

All I want to know is............DID BOEHNER CRY? :eusa_boohoo:

No, I give the guy credit for that;

Unlike many here, he obviously believes his own bullshit and when you are doing that, you take it personally when someone stands counter to your arguments.

He put in his "old sayings" and rhetoric and I think most Americans saw right through it; he's an empty suit but, again, in his defense, the tea party has hijacked the GOP and he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He and the President are almost on the same side in this fight.

Sometime this week, Boehner will have to crack some heads in his own caucus or at least try to.

He won't be damned if he grows a set and LEADS. None of them will. Not by the voters at least.

Fuck the lobbyists and the press.

And the carnies and the Presbyterians!!!

The lobbyists and the press? Really?

Not according to ALL the polls. The Republicans started it. The created a crisis when there was none.

Can you read polls?
Polls change- reality doesn't.

Reality check!!

Obama is the President- Check!
Obama gets credit for killing Osama - Check!
Obama gets blame for the economy and everything else during his watch - CHECK!!

If Obama lets the USA default - he gets the blame. Sorry.

republicans,the rich want the rest of the money in the world and to lower income we need to rid ourselfs of theses greedy self servingright wingers

No, I give the guy credit for that;

Unlike many here, he obviously believes his own bullshit and when you are doing that, you take it personally when someone stands counter to your arguments.

He put in his "old sayings" and rhetoric and I think most Americans saw right through it; he's an empty suit but, again, in his defense, the tea party has hijacked the GOP and he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He and the President are almost on the same side in this fight.

Sometime this week, Boehner will have to crack some heads in his own caucus or at least try to.

He won't be damned if he grows a set and LEADS. None of them will. Not by the voters at least.

Fuck the lobbyists and the press.

And the carnies and the Presbyterians!!!

The lobbyists and the press? Really?

Who do you think they answer to? Certainly not the voters with our current 'business' of electing them in labeled groups, dictated to by profitable party machines.

The answer is simple: fair taxes and a budget balanced by law. Either the status quo is as stupid as a post in spite of their wealth or they're making money hand over fist. Follow the Money.

It's not even the wealthy who're doing anything wrong - it's a power warped out of control when congress took upon themselves the power to tax you different from me.

Last edited:

Why would the Executive be responsible for a failure on the part of the Legislative? The House in particular.

Other than partisan reasons, of course.

He's the leader of the country, that's why. He had a rubber stamp congress for 2 straight years and he couldn't (or worse, wouldn't) even pass a budget! There is no excuse for that kind of irresponsibility.

We need a leader that gets things done, not one who blames everyone else. He's a major disappointment.

PS- the house already passed a bill. They'll pass another one Weds. They've done their job.

Why would the Executive be responsible for a failure on the part of the Legislative? The House in particular.

Other than partisan reasons, of course.

He's the leader of the country, that's why. He had a rubber stamp congress for 2 straight years and he couldn't (or worse, wouldn't) even pass a budget! There is no excuse for that kind of irresponsibility.

We need a leader that gets things done, not one who blames everyone else. He's a major disappointment.

PS- the house already passed a bill. They'll pass another one Weds. They've done their job.

Do either of them come any where near proposing a pathway toward fair taxes?

The root of our problem with both congress and the presidency lay in their ass-u-me-ed power to tax us differently from each other.

Simple Taxes = Fair Taxes

Fair taxes, budget balanced by law. It doesn't have to be rocket science - it's complicated because someone is making money on the complications. Follow the money.

The root of our problem with both congress and the presidency lay in their ass-u-me-ed power to tax us differently from each other.

Fair taxes, budget balanced by law. It doesn't have to be rocket science - it's complicated because someone is making money on the complications. Follow the money.

Some numbers — from an Institute for Policy Studies report released this past spring — can help us better visualize just how monumental this political failure has been. If corporations and households taking in $1 million or more in income each year were now paying taxes at the same annual rates as they did back in 1961, the IPS researchers found, the federal treasury would be collecting an additional $716 billion a year. In other words, if the federal government started taxing the wealthy and their corporations at the same rates in effect a half-century ago, the federal debt to investors would almost totally vanish over the next decade

If Corporations And The Rich Paid Taxes At The Same Level As The 1960s, The Debt Would Disappear | ThinkProgress

Reuters) - Most Americans think the United States should raise taxes for the rich to balance the budget

Most Americans say tax rich to balance budget: poll | Reuters

I'm going to put the vast majority of the blame on the GOP and its Tea Party radicals.

They're the ones who appear to have been unwilling to come to any kind of compromise.

They're the ones walking out of negtiations.

Their motive is obvious....to make Obama a one term POTUS.

But to bring down the US economy for that is not the act of a patriot.

It's the act of selfish short-sighted partisans.

Hell! ~ even mainline REPUBLICANS in Congress aren't supporting these idiotic TP radicals.

Not according to ALL the polls. The Republicans started it. The created a crisis when there was none.

Can you read polls?

No, guy, the crisis was started when your guy ran up 4 Trillion in new debt in three years. Otherwise,the last, non-controversial raising of the debt ceiling would have held us over for years.

I do think the GOP has gotten most of what it wants, it should declare victory and take the deal on the table.

I for one will blame Obama . Since he has been in office he has not made a budget even when he had control of both house and senate. Sorry you cant put this one on the REP because this is all OBAMA fault and to wait now this is all about the elections because he thinks it will be like Clinton. Sorry America people are awake now and unemployed they know what your doing unlike the Clinton years when people actually had a job!!

I for one will blame Obama . Since he has been in office he has not made a budget even when he had control of both house and senate. Sorry you cant put this one on the REP because this is all OBAMA fault and to wait now this is all about the elections because he thinks it will be like Clinton. Sorry America people are awake now and unemployed they know what your doing unlike the Clinton years when people actually had a job!!

um do you remember who crashed this economy and how those that did crash it feared we would be in a depression?

Were you so asleep you didnt even remember Bush announcing we were about to be in a depression?

I'm going to put the vast majority of the blame on the GOP and its Tea Party radicals.

They're the ones who appear to have been unwilling to come to any kind of compromise.

They're the ones walking out of negtiations.

Their motive is obvious....to make Obama a one term POTUS.

But to bring down the US economy for that is not the act of a patriot.

It's the act of selfish short-sighted partisans.

Hell! ~ even mainline REPUBLICANS in Congress aren't supporting these idiotic TP radicals.

makes you the moron. The Tea Party aren't extreme they aren't radical. those are your party's buzzwords. The Tea Party are a large cross section of American Federal Income Tax Payers and they think they've been TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY,, what your side is fighting for is unliminted mindless spending of the Tea Party's Taxes.. They know it, you know it and we know it. What you say you want is unfettered spending, you want to demonize the givers and maximize you theft from their pockets. They're on to your stupid ways and they are protesting. You can't just keep raising taxes and pissing the money away. Your dream life is coming to an end and it really pisses you off.

The GOP is playing a very dangerous game.
Indeed.

Not only has the House failed to abide by its constitutionally mandated responsibility to address issues concerning revenue and spending, but this insane, partisan game of ‘chicken’ has imperiled the entire Nation.

The GOP House has passed budgets. They have passed laws dealing with this issue. Why aren't they laws and why aren't we done with this issue, genius?

Some numbers — from an Institute for Policy Studies report released this past spring — can help us better visualize just how monumental this political failure has been. If corporations and households taking in $1 million or more in income each year were now paying taxes at the same annual rates as they did back in 1961, the IPS researchers found, the federal treasury would be collecting an additional $716 billion a year. In other words, if the federal government started taxing the wealthy and their corporations at the same rates in effect a half-century ago, the federal debt to investors would almost totally vanish over the next decade

If Corporations And The Rich Paid Taxes At The Same Level As The 1960s, The Debt Would Disappear | ThinkProgress

Reuters) - Most Americans think the United States should raise taxes for the rich to balance the budget

Most Americans say tax rich to balance budget: poll | Reuters

Very nice. Except that wealthy people pay more money today, both as a percentage of total income paid and as a total number of dollars, than they did in the 1960s.
Raising taxes on the rich will not balance the budget. If you raised taxes to 100% you would still not balance the budget.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ]‪EAT THE RICH!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back