who will the GOP trot out in 2016?

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Hiliary will run. The last few times recently ive seen interviews with her, shes looked worn out and tired. In the announcement about the embassy she had an air of fragility to her. I just don't see her being a strong contender, besides the fact that's she's a rather divisive candiate.

I agree...if she's worn out on the job she has now, how would she handle being President? Then again, if she's done like Obama has, she would be working much less!

I guarantee you they'd be saying they didn't run far enough to the right.

If you keep moving to the left what's the point of voting Republican?.... This doesn't make sense to me.

Certainly a party doesn't want to go too far towards the other side, but neither party has enough of a base to win by going hardcore. I know they hate it, but they have to win over independents to win.

So, they have a balancing act. Grab enough indies, don't piss off the base enough to make them stay home.

Glad I'm not a politician.

:rock:

What happens when 51% are receiving benefits...deserved or not, from the fruits of the other 49%.

Sounds to me goodbye Capitalism and the America we once knew.

This is assuming if Obama is re-elected...

My money is on Chris Christie. The GOP establishment and the media both showed overwhelming support in their push for him to declare a presidential run, despite his insistence that he was not interested. I think he'll throw his hat into the ring in 2016, and press coverage of him will be so lopsided vs. other Republican candidates that the party sheep will fall in line and vote him.

Santorum will look to make another push as the social conservative candidate, but will ultimately fail because the establishment prefers their puppets to be centrists.

I suspect Chris Christie will emerge as a leader in 2016 but under scrutiny will fade quickly. His temperament is his greatest asset and greatest deficit - in the short term he has appeal, the appeal will wear off rather quickly.

I liked Christie....until he had the NJ flags lowered to half mast for Whitney Houston. That is done for HERO'S, not a drugged out singer. She was a very good drugged out singer, but still.... I think he was completely wrong doing that, and made me wonder how he would respect our fallen soldiers if he compares them to her.

This is assuming if Obama is re-elected...

My money is on Chris Christie. The GOP establishment and the media both showed overwhelming support in their push for him to declare a presidential run, despite his insistence that he was not interested. I think he'll throw his hat into the ring in 2016, and press coverage of him will be so lopsided vs. other Republican candidates that the party sheep will fall in line and vote him.

Santorum will look to make another push as the social conservative candidate, but will ultimately fail because the establishment prefers their puppets to be centrists.

I suspect Chris Christie will emerge as a leader in 2016 but under scrutiny will fade quickly. His temperament is his greatest asset and greatest deficit - in the short term he has appeal, the appeal will wear off rather quickly.

I liked Christie....until he had the NJ flags lowered to half mast for Whitney Houston. That is done for HERO'S, not a drugged out singer. She was a very good drugged out singer, but still.... I think he was completely wrong doing that, and made me wonder how he would respect our fallen soldiers if he compares them to her.

I live in NJ. Good Governor...not Presidential material.

I wouldn't, and a sizable portion of the U.S., prolly wouldn't vote for any of those people.

Well thats a nice collection of Reps but who are the Dems going to run??

Don't see to many bright, shinning Dem stars out there.

I assume you're aware, republican base can masturbate over these clowns all they want. None of these clowns will attract a large portion of free grazing voters needed to win. Their reputations are already tarnished. Obviously we need less tarnished offerings. While the republicans are accelerating their internal squabbling, I feel the democrats will do just fine.

Ok....nice speech. So WHO will the Democrats run with in 2016? I have a feeling you guys have NO IDEA! Lol!

I live in NJ. Good Governor...not Presidential material.

romney wasn't even a good governor

Again with the rat.

I have stated stuck on stupid is what you are.

Low life attract vermin.

Did you have a greater point?

i don't usually discuss things with rodents.

now, scurry along, the humans are busy

Only because you are incapable..

That must be due to you being a fat ass.

That isnt an insult but a hard fact.

You see your picture is posted, you stand 5' 8 or 9 and 250 lbs. It is no wonder you are a miserable piece of shit.

Del should play Jerry Garcia in the Biopic film about the GD.....his resemblance is uncanny....

will they recycle again or what?

Jeb Bush and Susana Martinez. They will be competitive if and only if the Republicans war on immigrants and women lets up. In fact, picking these two is paramount if the Republican Party is to survive.

Agreed.

Jeb! would run a very strong campaign against Hillary.

I don't think it'll be Hillary, though. Chelsea is gonna make her a grandma one of these days soon. She's going to want to do that. Elizabeth Warren or Gov Granhome (sp?) maybe...

Wow... Only 1 person said Rand Paul.

So pretty much it will be Rand Paul as the head of the ticket or as VP... Prolly heading the ticket.

Do I care? Not much at all... But I'm not fucking stupid by claiming Romney will be running for re-election. I don't like that Rand is being groomed for President, but if you guys can't see that then you're blind.

The Republican party, if Mitt does win has to do a fucking phenomenal job turning things around (he wouldn’t) or the Republican party is dead without a major shift in who the GOP gives the backing to. You have the religious nutjob side of the party pushing harder when the country is rejecting religion more and more every day. Religion is all the Republicans run off at this point, their records are such utter chit they have no choice but to pander. Either the party elects a conservative with a record and shuts their fucking mouth about how God owns your soul or the Republican party will keep fading into the background as the Libertarian party grows.

Please keep telling me Libertarians are useless… I love watching dumb republicans screw themselves out of millions of voters.

Rand isn't a libertarian. I liked the guy when he got elected but he has shown he will do anything and say anything to stay in power and that includes throwing his father and his principles under the trailer.

Forum List

Back