who will the GOP trot out in 2016?

If Romney is defeated, which most of the inside GOP leadership believes will be the case, then the candidate must be some one who appeals well to the center. The extremist right are simply going to have to be ignored.

Wouldn't that be awesome! I am not sure if they are capable of learning, however. There best hope is to pray for a massive terrorist attack so they can go back to pretending they know something about foreign policy.

If Romney is defeated, which most of the inside GOP leadership believes will be the case, then the candidate must be some one who appeals well to the center. The extremist right are simply going to have to be ignored.

The inside GOP leadership told you this??

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- If you want to understand why President Obama has run such a scorchingly negative campaign, consider this: In a new poll conducted for The Hill, only 40 percent of likely voters said they felt Obama deserves a second term. Fifty-two percent said he did not.

Republicans complain about the tone and tenor of Obama's months of character attacks on GOP nominee Mitt Romney, but the Hill poll shows us exactly what Obama's internal polling has likely been telling him for months. There is no chance of the incumbent winning if the election is about him. So it needs to be about somebody else.

We'll see in a few more weeks.

Republican hopefuls jockey for 2016​
None of these can win with anyone.
for 2016 - Alexander Burns and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com​

Don't agree with Maggie overall , just the people.​

What a disgusting collection of individuals!​

120809_bush_huck_palin_santorum_perry_ap_605.jpg

I wouldn't, and a sizable portion of the U.S., prolly wouldn't vote for any of those people.

Well thats a nice collection of Reps but who are the Dems going to run??

Don't see to many bright, shinning Dem stars out there.

I assume you're aware, republican base can masturbate over these clowns all they want. None of these clowns will attract a large portion of free grazing voters needed to win. Their reputations are already tarnished. Obviously we need less tarnished offerings. While the republicans are accelerating their internal squabbling, I feel the democrats will do just fine.

I'm thinking Rubio, who cares who the veep is. Dunno if Hilary would consider running in 2016, she'd be nearly 70 by then. Assuming Obama beats Romney this time, the country will be royally fucked up for sure by then and she may not want to try to pick up the pieces. Be an interesting race of she did, don't know many other Demswho could beat her in the dem primaries.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- If you want to understand why President Obama has run such a scorchingly negative campaign, consider this: In a new poll conducted for The Hill, only 40 percent of likely voters said they felt Obama deserves a second term. Fifty-two percent said he did not.

Republicans complain about the tone and tenor of Obama's months of character attacks on GOP nominee Mitt Romney, but the Hill poll shows us exactly what Obama's internal polling has likely been telling him for months. There is no chance of the incumbent winning if the election is about him. So it needs to be about somebody else.

We'll see in a few more weeks.

That was two weeks ago, a lifetime in the short time left for Mitten to recover.

Negged for not linking.

When ACA starts up, the dupes will FINALLY realize how the neocons have been playing them for fools. Then maybe that Ambassador to China will lose to the Dem...LOL

I think you'll see some of the same faces, Perry & Santorum come to mind, but there will be some "new" faces too. I'm thinking Christie, Jindahl, Jebbie Bush and maybe Ryan.

Last edited:

I guarantee you they'd be saying they didn't run far enough to the right.

If you keep moving to the left what's the point of voting Republican?.... This doesn't make sense to me.

Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Andrew Napolitano
Chris Christie
Paul Ryan
Allan West

I could get behind 1 of those that being Judge Napolitano if Jesse Ventura ran as an independent I would get behind him 100%

I guarantee you they'd be saying they didn't run far enough to the right.

If you keep moving to the left what's the point of voting Republican?.... This doesn't make sense to me.

Certainly a party doesn't want to go too far towards the other side, but neither party has enough of a base to win by going hardcore. I know they hate it, but they have to win over independents to win.

So, they have a balancing act. Grab enough indies, don't piss off the base enough to make them stay home.

Glad I'm not a politician.

:rock:

Forum List

Back