Who will oppose religious persecution?

Bonnie said:
Christian in name only means didly squatt!!!!!!

exactly.... it is part of their modus operandi these days. If somebody questions their anti-religious positions, they say, "I'm a Christian and I am not worried about it..." The problem is, as you said, being Christian in name only DOES not mean "didly squatt"! They think saying, "I was an alter boy" means they aren't anti-Christian in their actions.....

There may be many "cultural Christians" (i.e. people who may have grown up with Christianity in the house, but do not really have a belief system of their own) in the Democratic Party - as there are in the GOP. But I'd certainly like to see the numbers of practicing Christians in the two parties.

In 2003, giving to charities rose 0.6 percent from the 2002 levels, when adjusted for inflation. This is an increase after two years of declined giving and a positive sign for those who depend on the services of America's charities, which is all of us. Few people realize how large charities have become, how many vital services they provide, and how much funding flows through them each year. Without charities and non-profits, America would simply not be able to operate. Their operations are that big.

How big?

Total giving to charitable organizations increased to $241 billion in 2003. This is an increase of 0.6 percent from 2002 (when adjusted for inflation).
The majority of that giving came from individuals, $179.4 billion.
Giving by bequest was $21.6 billion, foundations gave $26.3 billion, and corporations donated $13.5 billion. Giving by bequest increased the most of any group (10.3 percent more than 2002 when adjusted for inflation).
Religious organizations received the most support--$87 billion. Most of this support is from people giving to their local place of worship. The next largest sector was education ($31.6 billion). But giving to educational institutions decreased 3.0 percent from 2002 (when adjusted for inflation), the second consecutive decline for this sector.
Giving to international affairs-related organizations increased at an industry high of 12.1 percent. This percentage far outpaces the increase of any other type of cause and it resulted in $5.3 billion in donations in 2003.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/content.view/catid/3/cpid/42.htm

I think the secularists better think twice. the may be making an incredible financial mistake also!

Forum List

Back