Who Will Lose Their Job to the Machines?

R

rdean

Who Will Lose Their Job to the Machines

William Lee invented a stocking frame knitting machine in 1589. After traveling to London to present his invention to Queen Elizabeth I, she responded, “Thou aimest high, Master Lee. Consider thou what the invention could do to my poor subjects. It would assuredly bring to them ruin by depriving them of employment, thus making them beggars.” The Queen denied him the patent. Why? Because job security is not a new concern.

The researchers estimated that about 47% of the U.S. workforce was at risk.

http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf

Over 700 jobs and their risks.

See? It's not immigrants who Red States should be concerned about.

William Lee invented a stocking frame knitting machine in 1589. After traveling to London to present his invention to Queen Elizabeth I, she responded, “Thou aimest high, Master Lee. Consider thou what the invention could do to my poor subjects. It would assuredly bring to them ruin by depriving them of employment, thus making them beggars.” The Queen denied him the patent. Why? Because job security is not a new concern.

http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf

robots are much more reliable than red state, repub-voting, drone-types

dear the wheel plow hammer screw PC car and electric motor have displaced billions of workers and still we have only 5% unemployment.

Do you now see how stupid the liberal is?? What other conclusion is possible??

dear the wheel plow hammer screw PC car and electric motor have displaced billions of workers and still we have only 5% unemployment.

Android lovers...

actually, well over half of the population is not truly employed. Instead, their salaries. are paid by taxes levied on those who ARE truly productive. That includes anyone who works for the govt, to include the cops and military, anyone on welfare (SS, Medicaid, retirees) No, you did NOT put into the fund anything LIKE what will be spent on you.

They need immigrants to do those shitty jobs that blacks use to do.

5%?? :rofl:

I think you already lost your job to a machine. I think an artificial stupidity program (bot) has been posting under your ID for years, Deany...

Last edited:

Actually 47% of the adult population in this country is without employment. 95% of those by choice...Welfare leeches.

I think you already lost your job to a machine. I think and artificial stupidity program (bot) has been posting under your ID for years, Deany...
he was here before you n00b and his threads get views :afro:

he was here before you n00b and his threads get views :afro:

ROFL

I came here at EXACTLY the same time you did, from the same place.

Oh, the three to five views he gets exceed your boring flames, but are really nothing to brag about... :eusa_whistle:
You know, I was going through your posts trying to figure out what you bring to the board as far as understanding and knowledge. And I could only find one link in the dozen or so posts of yours I looked at:

Error US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I did find a lot of right wingernut talking points with a lot of "everyone knows" and nothing to back up the rhetoric. It was difficult reading because your bon mots showed a clear lack of cleverness. You're like a parrot attempting to judge the intelligence of others. If all you know is how to echo, at least repeat something interesting or even true. Or does your lack of judgement extend so far, you can't even recognize the truth? You must have the most clean mind in the country as many times as it's been washed.

when they perfect Artificial Intelligence, they will start replacing engineers, it will become inefficient to have engineers wasting time operating software programs that will be done in a fraction of the time.

when they perfect Artificial Intelligence, they will start replacing engineers, it will become inefficient to have engineers wasting time operating software programs that will be done in a fraction of the time.
You should read the article. The percentages are the likelihood of these particular jobs being replaced by machines. The reason is the creativity involved. AI may see possibilities, but nothing outside the box. Try to figure out why.

• Aerospace engineers: 1.7%
  • Chemical engineers: 1.7%
  • Mechanical engineers: 1.1%
  • Civil engineers: 1.9%
  • Electrical engineers: 10.2%
  • Computer hardware engineers: 22.5%

Forum List

Back