Who will lead the Democrat Party?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
At the moment Obama is the only leader of the Democrat Party of note! Now with an approval rating of 50% and dropping like a rock every time he speaks, who will lead the Democratic Party? Pinched Faced Pelosi, Killed Her Kennedy, Turbin Durbin, not Dead Pan Harry, Biden would be okay I guess. :doubt:

The question however is how will the Republicans avoid pulling a John Kerry in 2012?

What do you mean? I do agree that Obama is it, I was just making the point that after Obama it gets really weak!

Isn't it the democratic party?
Well ya, no bout a doubt it, but I was taking about their fearless leadership!

Since there is no "Democrat" party, unless the "Democratic" party decided to shorten their name while I wasn't looking, I guess nobody.

At the moment Obama is the only leader of the Democrat Party of note! Now with an approval rating of 50% and dropping like a rock every time he speaks, who will lead the Democratic Party? Pinched Faced Pelosi, Killed Her Kennedy, Turbin Durbin, not Dead Pan Harry, Biden would be okay I guess. :doubt:

Lumpy, he isn't at 50%. This is only the latest in a long string of Republican fantasies.

Thanks for asking...
Right now President Obama will lead until 2016
President Hillary Clinton will take over until 2024
and then President Michelle Obama will lead until 2032

Obama. He's president. He's gonna have to lead even if his popularity is down to negative seven, until he's voted out of office. The question however is how will the Republicans avoid pulling a John Kerry in 2012?

Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee

I hope to God it's Romney. As an Arkansan, I can tell you that Huckabee should burn in hell.

Obama. He's president. He's gonna have to lead even if his popularity is down to negative seven, until he's voted out of office. The question however is how will the Republicans avoid pulling a John Kerry in 2012?

I hope to God it's Romney. As an Arkansan, I can tell you that Huckabee should burn in hell.

I agree about Romney. Huckabee was really making some dumb moves and comments in 08. He was protrayed as an extreme religious righter and he was just done after that.

He should have gone with the just plain folk personna, it's more him! Still, he might have been a better candidate than McCain. We'll never know.

Romney was anything but "plain folk" but of all the republicans in the running he had the most credibility on economic issues. Not sure he would've won against Obama but I thought he would've been their best choice. Then again I thought McCain would've shown more of what he was in 2000 when I voted for him in the primary. That was my mistake.

Romney was anything but "plain folk" but of all the republicans in the running he had the most credibility on economic issues.

A Romney/Palin ticket might have worked but then again people wanted change you can believe in! Gee, I would bet most people can't believe what is happening now.

Lumpy, he isn't at 50%. This is only the latest in a long string of Republican fantasies.

COOL TURNS COLD: OBAMA 'BELOW 50%'
Fri Jul 24 2009 08:24:16 ET

For First Time, Obama's Approval Rating Falls Below 50%

Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance, RASMUSSEN will report later this morning.

This marks the first time his overall approval rating has ever fallen below 50% among Likely Voters nationwide. Fifty-one percent (51%) disapprove.

Eighty-three percent (83%) of Democrats continue to approve of the President'’s performance while 80% of Republicans disapprove. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 37% offer a positive assessment.

The President earns approval from 51% of women and 47% of men.

RASMUSSEN was the most accurate pollster for the final results of the 2008 Presidential election

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Saturday, August 08, 2009 Email to a Friend ShareThisAdvertisement
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 33% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -5 (see trends). Congress earns good or excellent reviews from 14%.

In the health care debate, 41% view the town hall protesters favorably while 35% have an unfavorable view. Twenty-five percent (25%) agree with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that health insurance companies are villains. Thirty-seven percent (37%) disagree.

Check out other key polls from last week to see “What They Told Us.”

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates also available on Twitter.

Overall, 50% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove. For more measures of the President's performance, see Obama By the Numbers and recent demographic highlights from the tracking polls.

As a former Arkansan, I agree - Huckabee is a piece of trash. Among other things, what kind of "leader" calls his own State a banana republic on national tv? And that's just the tippy top of a very large iceberg. Romney has the economic skills, but can he overcome the religion issue and the flip-flops on policy (unless of course Obama tanks enough for a blind and deaf squirrel to beat him)?
Either way, '12 is a long way off. Hillary and Rudy had a great '08 barnburner, didn't they? :razz:

New Topics

Forum List

Back