Who Will Go To Heaven?

Originally posted by Joz
I'm going to tell you what most people who know me don't know. I'm not where I use to be. Since you don't know who I am, what you think will not affect me emotionally.

I went to church school after my parents started to church; I was about twelve. I had a christian marriage and when I had children they too went to church school. My husband & I worked for the church, and school, and tried to live as right as we could. I believe example works much better than hitting someone over the head with the Bible.

Remember those recent 'tragedies' I mentioned? Suddenly things begain to spiral. I lost my business after an auto accident that required me to have six surgeries. Three years later, my marriage of 21 years ended. Maybe we weren't 'christian' enough. Speculating does no good. Two years later my father, whom I knew only to have the Hong Kong flu back in the 70's, was diagnosed with cancer and died. And then 14 months later my youngest son , three weeks before he was fifteen, dropped dead. I breathed into him his last breath of air.

You think I havent' questioned God, His existence, His 'plan';...... I was always told that God had a thousand ways to answer a prayer or to work out problems and THIS was the best He could come up with?

I can't prove God exists any more than you can prove He doesn't. But I know He does.

I still have my oldest son and I've also been give Musicman. I KNOW he was a Godsend.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel like talking anymore. My heart hurts.
I bid you peace.

Joz, you have certainly endured and dealt with more tragedy than most of us face in our lives. Having a relationship with God has clearly given you strength and comfort. My heart goes out to you and I wish you an easier path in life from now on.

Ive listened to Robertson and Falwell and while i disagree with quite a bit of what they have to say, i dont see how their existence shows that God has a sick sense of humor.

I like that one. it had a happy ending. I think all fairytales should have a happy ending. Unless you are trying to make money...then you are better off using fear and guilt...like the Catholics.

apologies. last post was in reply to rwng avngr's bedtime story.

Originally posted by wonderwench
Joz, you have certainly endured and dealt with more tragedy than most of us face in our lives. Having a relationship with God has clearly given you strength and comfort. My heart goes out to you and I wish you an easier path in life from now on.

I so appreciate the sympathy you so freely gave. I have lost a lot of friends due to the death of my son. Maybe they're afraid it's catcing.

I didn't tell all this personal stuff for pity. Bern80 was questioning the existence of God & His plan.
My point:
Who hasn't? My relationship with God currently isn't on the up side. I'm hoping it is just a 'cooling off' period; you know when you really get angry at someone & need some time.

Strength & comfort, what strange words those are. How many times I begged God to not let me live. Weeks of not sleeping & finally when it comes, beg that I won't wake up, so I don't have to feel that pain one more minute. I look in the mirror & don't recognize the person I see & wonder how 'she's still here. I don't know how.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't grieve for my child.

People keep citing how God could 'allow' so much; things like the Holocaust, and people such as Hitler & Stalin, just to name the most common. That He has alot to answer for & has a sick sense of humor. God has given us guidelines; But you said it all. He also gave free will; so we can do whatever we want. What you choose may not directly affect me today, but eventually it will. Sin & disease are no respecter of persons. We're all in this together & sometimes the innocent get caught in the crossfire.

Originally posted by Joz

Strength & comfort, what strange words those are. How many times I begged God to not let me live. Weeks of not sleeping & finally when it comes, beg that I won't wake up, so I don't have to feel that pain one more minute. I look in the mirror & don't recognize the person I see & wonder how 'she's still here. I don't know how.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't grieve for my child.

Oh Joz - I know a little about what you feel. My husband has a chronic, eventually terminal illness. It sent our lives on a totally different path than the one we had planned. I don't view this as judgement or fate - it just happened.

I too have had times when I didn't feel like myself. Sometimes the pain has been unendurable. I know that I will outlive my husband by a few decades. It is horribly painful - but neither of us did anything to deserve it.

A good friend once said to me that the universe doesn't give one more than one can handle. My answer to that was that sometimes, I wish I weren't quite so strong.

Losing a child is the worst loss a human can endure because it is so contrary to the cycle of life. I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain - but I feel for you and hope that you find some amount of peace.

Originally posted by wonderwench
Oh Joz - I know a little about what you feel. My husband has a chronic, eventually terminal illness. It sent our lives on a totally different path than the one we had planned. I don't view this as judgement or fate - it just happened.

I too have had times when I didn't feel like myself. Sometimes the pain has been unendurable. I know that I will outlive my husband by a few decades. It is horribly painful - but neither of us did anything to deserve it.

A good friend once said to me that the universe doesn't give one more than one can handle. My answer to that was that sometimes, I wish I weren't quite so strong.

Losing a child is the worst loss a human can endure because it is so contrary to the cycle of life. I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain - but I feel for you and hope that you find some amount of peace.

I'm so sorry that you & your husband are having to deal with his illness. No one knows what it's like until they've been there. You know, 'the walk a mile in my shoes' stuff.
Are you frightened knowing what you have to face? Yes, you Are strong. I don't know how I would be having to face the impending outcome you're facing.

I believe you think the "You're never given anymore than you can handle" cliche is about as much bs as I do. There's too many who have committed suicide over the loss of their child. And too many who can never live a quality life once their mate is gone. I do hope you are not one of those people.

Thank you for sharing your life with me. I pray that you & your husband find the strength you need.

Sorry, we did it again. Don't pay attention who's already logged on. This back & forth stuff is getting old. Musicman needs to get a computer too!

New Topics

Forum List

Back