Who will be the republican nominee?

Who will be the republican nominee in 2012?

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Huckabee

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Bobby Jindall

• Someone else

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gee I thought that was exactly what he was saying. "Not every Democrat is a Liberal"

Interesting that you defend his point of view and then call him an idiot.

No, he said the "uber-left" has hijacked the party. I proved it was not so. He also said they vote party-line and it's obvious they don't.

Wrong. Reading is fundamental. I said TEND to. And they do TEND to. But you legitimately showed that they are not ALWAYS lock-step. You deserve props for THAT part of your post. Otherwise, as usual, you remain a slightly prickish lout!

:lol:

Honestly, I think Obama's poll numbers will have more to do with who wins the Republican nomination than anything. If Obama is polling in the high 40's or better, then a number of Republicans we might expect to run may not run at all, because Obama would almost certainly be a shoe in for re-election.

On the other hand, if Obama's polling numbers drop anywhere into the 30's, then it will be open season, and we'll probably see a great many Republicans taking a shot. The problem will be what has already been discussed. There is no strong Republican candidate. But actually there is; I'm just not certain he can disassociate himself enough from his brother. If it wasn't for his name, Jeb Bush would be the strongest Republican candidate by far.

Honestly, I think Obama's poll numbers will have more to do with who wins the Republican nomination than anything. If Obama is polling in the high 40's or better, then a number of Republicans we might expect to run may not run at all, because Obama would almost certainly be a shoe in for re-election.

On the other hand, if Obama's polling numbers drop anywhere into the 30's, then it will be open season, and we'll probably see a great many Republicans taking a shot. The problem will be what has already been discussed. There is no strong Republican candidate. But actually there is; I'm just not certain he can disassociate himself enough from his brother. If it wasn't for his name, Jeb Bush would be the strongest Republican candidate by far.

Whenever I hear Jeb Bush might be running for President, the song "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who starts playing in my head.

Agreed Mr. Santorri we need another country club Republican about like we need cap and trade which is to say not at all.

Whenever I hear Jeb Bush might be running for President, the song "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who starts playing in my head.

If Obama crashes and burns, tell me which Republican has a better track record. Also, remember that Jeb stayed pretty much away from brother George. They weren't bedfellows by any means. I do think it unlikely, but then again, Jeb is the strongest potential candidate without the name.

I half expect a Newt Gingritch comeback in '12. I think palin just crippled her chances and I'm quite positive that Jeb won't win even if he is convinced to run. I'm thinking an old dog rather than a new trick pony will be the '12 gop candidate.

I half expect a Newt Gingritch comeback in '12. I think palin just crippled her chances and I'm quite positive that Jeb won't win even if he is convinced to run. I'm thinking an old dog rather than a new trick pony will be the '12 gop candidate.

He'll get as far as the nomination but he won't win. Newt will most likely win because he is considered the most "experienced" of who's left. However, if the right wing thought the media had a field day with Palin, just wait until they bring out everything from Newt's closet that he doesn't want to be seen.

It will probably be the most lopsided women's vote in U.S History :lol:

i hear ya... but he was also the voice behind a LOT of gop success in the 90s. I don't think anyone will expect a nominee who is a saint either. To be honest, I would bet that Newt would revive the concept of pre-bush conservatism and cash in on those dissilussioned gop and "libertarian" conservatives who split with ron paul last year. I mean, shit. If Marion Berry can keep getting into public office then I'm sure the voting populace will look over a few things as long as the package has the right words in bright, bolded letters.

I hate to say it because I really hate the guy but i'd look at rick santorum as the VP nomination. The dude is such a caracature of conservatism that his opie-like disposition takesw some of the rust off of people like Newt.

what do you think... Newt & Santorum '12

how far do you think that would go?

i hear ya... but he was also the voice behind a LOT of gop success in the 90s. I don't think anyone will expect a nominee who is a saint either. To be honest, I would bet that Newt would revive the concept of pre-bush conservatism and cash in on those dissilussioned gop and "libertarian" conservatives who split with ron paul last year. I mean, shit. If Marion Berry can keep getting into public office then I'm sure the voting populace will look over a few things as long as the package has the right words in bright, bolded letters.

I hate to say it because I really hate the guy but i'd look at rick santorum as the VP nomination. The dude is such a caracature of conservatism that his opie-like disposition takesw some of the rust off of people like Newt.

what do you think... Newt & Santorum '12

how far do you think that would go?

Depends what shape Obama is politically by '12. The only problem is Newt and Rick wouldn't be able to cash in on the "Libertarian" conservatives and such because they are too far to the right.

Rick was the same type who tried to put Intelligent Design into the failure that is No Child Left Behind.

Plus his equating homosexuality with incest and pedophilia wouldn't help things. The guy's a sleaze even when it comes to footing his kids's education with the taxpayers. Oh and his saying we found WMDs in Iraq won't help things.

He'd probably scare off any Moderates left that Newt didn't.

but thats just it.. I don't think the 12 election will try to lure moderates. I think the trend will be to leap back to a conservative revival similar to what happened in the 90s and ron paul, the right's ralph nader, won't have anymore luck making a third party than the greens had. If even California can overturn gay marriage then I think there is a lot in santorum that would sell. Especially to a people who feel culturally encroached upon by everything from global econ, illigal aliens and gays (iowa passed gay marriage.. that cant be sitting well). the WMD bit.. yea.. you got me there.. but thats why he'd be VP instead of sitting in the big chair. Obama would have to make "tear down this wall" length strides in pres. achievement to keep from hitting a wve of backlash in 12. Hell, Carter made peace between israel and egypt and look how he's treated these days. And, really, who is more of a conservative icon in the GOP than Newt?

If they're serious about winning in 2012, they should run Mitt Romney and get behind him. He's the smartest one in the bunch, imo.

Forum List

Back