• Hillary

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Bush

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

SeaPony

Rookie
Jun 18, 2015
Lets face it, it is going to be Jeb and Hilllary! What a joke. Which puppet will get in?

In my opinion it is going to be Hillary to finish off the republic.

Hillary will be too busy under the bus to put any effort into the general election. But if Republicans insist on nominating their leftmost then it will e a Democrat.

Not a woman.

A male minority (transgendered would be OK) who, prior to the convention, was relatively known but is articulate and cleans up nice.

That, friends, is simply history. Adjust.

Lets face it, it is going to be Jeb and Hilllary! What a joke. Which puppet will get in?

In my opinion it is going to be Hillary to finish off the republic.
It'll be whichever clown act the stupid dumb ass voters elect. You know as well as I do, that voters aren't going to change. They'll swallow the smooth talking silvered tongue BS hook, line, and sinker. Then they'll run to the polls on election day, elect one of the clowns, then complain for the next four years about taxes, the economy, employment, illegal immigration, wars, foreign trade, poverty, our rundown infrastructure, social security, government corruption, the injustices in our judicial system, subsidies, the cost of living, the cost of higher education, unaffordable health care, the decline in home ownership, eminent domain, and other issues.

Voters continue to do the same thing election after election, yet expect a different result. Go figure. My money says that the voters will elect a professional politician to sit in the oval office. What does your money say?

Cookie Monster.

cook.jpg

. My money says that the voters will elect a professional politician to sit in the oval office. What does your money say?

I'd like to think the toughest job in the world would be one where a professional is elected.
Why? Please explain. I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow what you're saying here. Thanks.

. My money says that the voters will elect a professional politician to sit in the oval office. What does your money say?

I'd like to think the toughest job in the world would be one where a professional is elected.
Why? Please explain. I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow what you're saying here. Thanks.

Would you rather have a professional working on your car or an amateur? A professional trainer or some guy who really means well, charges you nothing, but delivers no results.

I'm happy we have professional political men and women who seek to serve at the highest levels. It's always a source of hilarity to me--I'll use Dick Cheney as an example since ideologically I'm as about as far from he as possible--that people swear that Cheney, Clinton, Bush, etc...are all in it for themselves. I think there are no 100% actions that are taken without some return sought be it monetary, spiritual or whatever....so I don't begrudge people who like power seeking positions of power; as long as they are good at it and as long as they aren't sending the flower of our youth into a meat grinder to achieve it. Anyway, If you set aside the silly expectations that those who hold office should be some sort of Christ like figure who has taken vows of poverty and total subjugation to the public altar, what are you left with? A public servant. In Cheney's case, he's had 3 heart attacks when the Bush VP slot is open. He could have stayed on as CEO of Halliburton or whatever slot he had and spent the days counting his millions of dollars. Carly Fiorina is going to get crucified from everything from her hair styles to the choice of nail polish she uses....she has something like 85 million in the bank. I'm happy she thinks she has something to contribute. Even Donald Trump;

Put it another way, Politics cannot be you sideline hobby. It has to be your all encompassing passion at this level. It's no place for amateurs.

Neither Clinton nor Bush will be the next president.

Last edited:
Perhaps, We do need someone who will ignored the far right, the far left, and the libertarians.

Would you rather have a professional working on your car or an amateur? A professional trainer or some guy who really means well, charges you nothing, but delivers no results.

I'm happy we have professional political men and women who seek to serve at the highest levels. It's always a source of hilarity to me--I'll use Dick Cheney as an example since ideologically I'm as about as far from he as possible--that people swear that Cheney, Clinton, Bush, etc...are all in it for themselves. I think there are no 100% actions that are taken without some return sought be it monetary, spiritual or whatever....so I don't begrudge people who like power seeking positions of power; as long as they are good at it and as long as they aren't sending the flower of our youth into a meat grinder to achieve it. Anyway, If you set aside the silly expectations that those who hold office should be some sort of Christ like figure who has taken vows of poverty and total subjugation to the public altar, what are you left with? A public servant. In Cheney's case, he's had 3 heart attacks when the Bush VP slot is open. He could have stayed on as CEO of Halliburton or whatever slot he had and spent the days counting his millions of dollars. Carly Fiorina is going to get crucified from everything from her hair styles to the choice of nail polish she uses....she has something like 85 million in the bank. I'm happy she thinks she has something to contribute. Even Donald Trump;

Put it another way, Politics cannot be you sideline hobby. It has to be your all encompassing passion at this level. It's no place for amateurs.
Thank you for explaining. I get your point now, and you stated it very well.
First, politicians are, by law, public servants. They are representatives of the public in all matters charged to our governing body. The U.S. Constitution defines their responsibility and duties. They are responsible to the general public, to this nation, and to the principles outlined by the founding fathers of this once great nation. They are to provide national security, regulate monetary matters, determine foreign policy, collect taxes, and ensure and protect the welfare of the citizens. They are also charged with such matters as education, infrastructure, and commerce.

They are not charged with engaging in corruption, representing the elite and wealthy above everyone else, engaging in senseless deadly costly wars, taking bribes, selling their votes on the floors of Congress, wasting tax dollars, catering to the financial institutions, enabling shameful poverty through legislation, policies, and foreign trade agreements, and they are not charged with taking away freedom and rights.

Professional politicians are self-serving, egotistical, power and influence hungry, and greedy. This is evident by what we're seeing, and have seen, over the past half century or so. They are now non-representatives, and act as an entity unto themselves, answerable to no one except themselves.

No, I wouldn't want a non-professional mechanic working on my truck. No, I wouldn't want a non-professional house painter to paint my house. No, I wouldn't want a non-professional to re-wire my house. But, being a politician doesn't require a four year degree, 10 years of experience, nor does it require one to know the game. It merely takes common sense, the ability to reason and use simple logic, and the love of country. Anyone that loves this country, her citizens, and wants this nation and her citizens to prosper, can sit in Washington and vote on legislation and policies. It doesn't require a Philadelphia lawyer, nor an MIT graduate.

If you love this country and her citizens, you could represent us in Washington. You know what the difference between right and wrong is. You have common sense. You can use simple logic. It's not rocket science.

First, politicians are, by law, public servants. They are representatives of the public in all matters charged to our governing body. The U.S. Constitution defines their responsibility and duties. They are responsible to the general public, to this nation, and to the principles outlined by the founding fathers of this once great nation. They are to provide national security, regulate monetary matters, determine foreign policy, collect taxes, and ensure and protect the welfare of the citizens. They are also charged with such matters as education, infrastructure, and commerce.

They are not charged with engaging in corruption, representing the elite and wealthy above everyone else, engaging in senseless deadly costly wars, taking bribes, selling their votes on the floors of Congress, wasting tax dollars, catering to the financial institutions, enabling shameful poverty through legislation, policies, and foreign trade agreements, and they are not charged with taking away freedom and rights.

Professional politicians are self-serving, egotistical, power and influence hungry, and greedy. This is evident by what we're seeing, and have seen, over the past half century or so. They are now non-representatives, and act as an entity unto themselves, answerable to no one except themselves.

No, I wouldn't want a non-professional mechanic working on my truck. No, I wouldn't want a non-professional house painter to paint my house. No, I wouldn't want a non-professional to re-wire my house. But, being a politician doesn't require a four year degree, 10 years of experience, nor does it require one to know the game. It merely takes common sense, the ability to reason and use simple logic, and the love of country. Anyone that loves this country, her citizens, and wants this nation and her citizens to prosper, can sit in Washington and vote on legislation and policies. It doesn't require a Philadelphia lawyer, nor an MIT graduate.

If you love this country and her citizens, you could represent us in Washington. You know what the difference between right and wrong is. You have common sense. You can use simple logic. It's not rocket science.

Yes and when the Defense Department is getting ready to spend a trillion bucks on the next submarine and you're a pipefitter in, let's say, Mobile, Alabama....I'm pretty sure you want someone who knows how to deliver the bacon to their district vs the guy who "loves america", throws up his hands, and says, "Groton Connecticut has a better facility, aw shucks."

It's a false choice to think that someone who is good at public service cannot love the country. It's particularly sickening to think that if you're not in politics, you're somehow more pure than those who sign up to go through the circus of a campaign one must endure in some states and even some districts.

Yes and when the Defense Department is getting ready to spend a trillion bucks on the next submarine and you're a pipefitter in, let's say, Mobile, Alabama....I'm pretty sure you want someone who knows how to deliver the bacon to their district vs the guy who "loves america", throws up his hands, and says, "Groton Connecticut has a better facility, aw shucks."

It's a false choice to think that someone who is good at public service cannot love the country. It's particularly sickening to think that if you're not in politics, you're somehow more pure than those who sign up to go through the circus of a campaign one must endure in some states and even some districts.
What I said had absolutely zero to do with defense contracts. But, since you mentioned it, national defense is very important, and the company that can deliver the best product for the money should be awarded the contract, regardless of where that contractor is located. Again, just common sense. I have NEVER EVER said that someone that is good at public service can't love this country. That is so damn silly and pathetic. A person can both love this country and be good at public service. It's NOT an either or proposition. Again, you're making silly and pathetic statements here. No, a person not in public service is no more "pure" ( as you put it ) than a public servant that is in politics. That's a false assumption, and ridiculous to boot. There can be good people both in the private sector, non-political service, and in politics ( public service ).

You are making statements that I have Never said nor implied here.

What I said had absolutely zero to do with defense contracts. But, since you mentioned it, national defense is very important, and the company that can deliver the best product for the money should be awarded the contract, regardless of where that contractor is located.
Yeah, I know that but this is what the people in Congress vote on...

Again, just common sense. I have NEVER EVER said that someone that is good at public service can't love this country. That is so damn silly and pathetic. A person can both love this country and be good at public service. It's NOT an either or proposition. Again, you're making silly and pathetic statements here. No, a person not in public service is no more "pure" ( as you put it ) than a public servant that is in politics. That's a false assumption, and ridiculous to boot. There can be good people both in the private sector, non-political service, and in politics ( public service ).

You are making statements that I have Never said nor implied here.

Fine. You can elect your "aw shucks, you other guys can have that trillion dollar contract" and I'll take the professional political shark fighting for me and my neighbors any day of the week.

Forum List

Back