Who Will Be Running In 2008?

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
just wondering, who do you think the GOP/Dems will run in 2008 for president?

i'm thinking john edwards/barrack obama vs. rudy gualiani/bill frist

giuliani wins!

i wish arnold could run (let's change the constitution for that, not gay marriage)
and i also believe milt romney (The GOP gov of Massachusetts) will be the darkhorse candidate for VP/POTUS, as will Harold Ford Jr (from Tennessee) for the Dems

but most importantly, what do you think?

Guiliani wins again!

i could see him putting some 'crats in his cabinet though, perhaps because their views on certain issues are far closer to his than his GOP bretheren.

he could either unite the country or tear apart his party.

nevertheless, he'll get results, just like he did in NYC!

We've talked about this many times before. its too early to tell and frankly i dont really care. im focused on 2004

but if you must, i have a feeling we will see Hillary in the mix deffinately unless Guiliani kicks her butt in 06.

For the republicans i can see: Rice, Guiliani, Romney, Bush, Probably some others i havent thought of.

For the Democrats, Hillary, Rendell (I hope not! I hope Toomey kicks his butt before then), Dean will probably run again. I dont see edwards as a contender because i think Edwards will be out of politics and this race wont make him popular enough with the voters. or even give him enough air time.

Who knows though. alot changes in four years. I cant see ubama running for President yet...maybe as a vice president in 08 but four years in the senate if he beats keyes is hardly a great resume.

I agree with Avatar. I don't look for Edwards to stay in politics after this. He's a trial lawyer; do you have any idea how many ambulances have passed him by in the course of this campaign? He's losing money faster than George Soros!

musicman said:
I agree with Avatar. I don't look for Edwards to stay in politics after this. He's a trial lawyer; do you have any idea how many ambulances have passed him by in the course of this campaign? He's losing money faster than George Soros!
Thanks, I needed a good laugh!

musicman said:

Dubya stayed in politics after a losing campagin, and he's an oil tycoon. He's losing a buncha money too. Er, wait..he's a failed oil tycoon. Nevermind.

I'd say he's a fairly successful President of the United States, though - especially if margin of re-election is any indication.

NATO AIR said:
just wondering, who do you think the GOP/Dems will run in 2008 for president?

i'm thinking john edwards/barrack obama vs. rudy gualiani/bill frist

giuliani wins!

i wish arnold could run (let's change the constitution for that, not gay marriage)
and i also believe milt romney (The GOP gov of Massachusetts) will be the darkhorse candidate for VP/POTUS, as will Harold Ford Jr (from Tennessee) for the Dems

but most importantly, what do you think?

Only problem i have with changing the constituion for Arnold is that it opens the door for unforseen Assholes to run for office like George Soros. He has a billion dollars and a media machine to push him through. I wouldnt want Soros as Pres but people would vote for him on the left.

insein said:
Only problem i have with changing the constituion for Arnold is that it opens the door for unforseen Assholes to run for office like George Soros. He has a billion dollars and a media machine to push him through. I wouldnt want Soros as Pres but people would vote for him on the left.

Not only that but Al queda could sneak operatives over to live a "good" civil life and eventually have them become President only to betray us. I think its such a scenario had the founders set things up like they did.

Not only that but Al queda could sneak operatives over to live a "good" civil life and eventually have them become President only to betray us. I think its such a scenario had the founders set things up like they did.

It's only when we manage to get ourselves into these situations that we see just how wise and far-seeing the founders were. They tried to plan against every form of tyranny and treachery - and it drives treacherous tyrants into fits of rage. That's why America-haters will always attack the Constitution ITSELF. When we cease to defend that document, we will have ceased to deserve it's protection.

I think that Guiliani and McCain would be a good ticket. Highly unlikely but it would be nice.

Forum List

Back