Who was the worst?

Bill Clinton

- he steered away from making hard choices and sacrifices, at a time when america was in a unique state of being able to considerably improve itself and the rest of the world.

- he waffled on bosnia, wasting tens of thousands of lives and nearly splitting apart the NATO alliance. Had he listened to Baroness Thatcher, Bob Dole, Richard Lugar, numerous Democrats within Congress and even a new breed of politicos (liberal hawks), the Serbs would not have triumphed.

- he conspired to ignore and avoid talking about, helping or intervening in rwanda, where a genocide in 100 days took 800,000 lives.

- he blew somalia by trying to turn it into a law enforcement operation, costing the lives of 19 american soldiers and american prestige.

- he coddled China at a high cost to America's security, economic superority and our diplomatic leadership.

- i don't blame him for breaking the military (folks don't realize that was congress, which wanted a peace dividend from the end of the cold war and didn't care what they cut or how they cut from the pentagon budget)
but clinton did avoid making hard decisions to fight corruption and wastefulness in the pentagon, at a cost of tens of billions to the military and the federal budget.

- he didn't show any leadership on AIDS or terrorism, allowing both to spiral out of control and now they both threaten the world in serious fashion.

- he allowed the FBI to get even further out of control and more incompetent, because his own misdeeds ruined his relationship with the FBI director and prevented him from firing the idiot SOB.

- god I could go for days on this, so I'll leave it alone now.

What a fucking moron. The Serbs didn't triumph!

Reagan.

Started us down the road of deficits and debt.
It took 31 posts before someone got it right.

St. Ronnie Of The RKO Studio is, hands down, the worst president in the past 50 years.

America had virtually wiped out hunger in this country (under Nixon/Ford/Carter) until he came in and slashed all funding, saying charity would handle it. How did that work out?

He turned his WH over to evangelical bigots. The cost of all food rose sharply. The deficit was tripled. He supported nun murderers in Central America. He sold arms to Iran, fer fuck's sake. IRAN!!!! He holds the record for people convicted in his administration. He cut and ran from Beruit when we were attacked.

The list is long.

I am only 27.
I would have to say obama. Granted, Clinton is right there under him. He did good during his time(especially economy and diabetes research), but the effects of his Presidency is still felt today(thanks obama)
But If I was older, it would be tough between, CLinton, obama, Carter and LBJ

If you are only 27, and you do not believe GW was the worst president in your lifetime, then it is obvious that you are strictly a political hack.

Plain and simple, Nixon was the worst because he broke the trust between government and the people. After him, it's a toss up between GW and Carter.

I was born when Kennedy was president.
In my time Obama is the worst president ever. Every other one managed to reach across teh aisle at some point to work on major legislation with the opposition. Not this character. They also were able to change policies when they became unfeasible or failed. Not this one.

Past presidents. Ford was fairly inept with his WIN buttons (wish I had one). Clinton epitomized sleaze in personal terms although in his second administration he did fine recycling GOP ideas into policy. In terms of policy Johnson's have had the worst impact on this country of all of them combined.

If you had half a brain, you'd be dangerous.

Who was the worst president of your lifetime, and why?

My vote is for Lyndon Johnson. He prosecuted the Vietnam War in such a way as to render it unwinnable; in fact, never had any intention of TRYING to win. This was a massive betrayal of American blood. I hope they kept hell hot for him.

His Great Society farce wasted untold billions of dollars and allowed the Federal Government to grow into a monster. We will feel it's repurcussions for many generations.

We've had some real squareheads in the Oval Office, but I think Johnson takes the cake.
I would agree I think LBJ was about as corrupt as it gets.

I actually think Nixon was a pretty good president. He was just a bad human being.

His accomplishments on policy were fairly monumental.

I am only 27.
I would have to say obama. Granted, Clinton is right there under him. He did good during his time(especially economy and diabetes research), but the effects of his Presidency is still felt today(thanks obama)
But If I was older, it would be tough between, CLinton, obama, Carter and LBJ

If you are only 27, and you do not believe GW was the worst president in your lifetime, then it is obvious that you are strictly a political hack.

Plain and simple, Nixon was the worst because he broke the trust between government and the people. After him, it's a toss up between GW and Carter.

I love it when I get called that. Dumbass judgement to say the least. Hell even the guy that liked it thinks Obama has never lied, except when he did, and that Reagan was the worst for selling arms to Iran! lol talk about a hack. Hell, if you call me a hack for saying Clinton or Obama was the worst you are obviously a hack. Especially for your reasoning to why Nixon was the worst

Reagan.

It took 31 posts before someone got it right.

St. Ronnie Of The RKO Studio is, hands down, the worst president in the past 50 years.

America had virtually wiped out hunger in this country (under Nixon/Ford/Carter) until he came in and slashed all funding, saying charity would handle it. How did that work out?

He turned his WH over to evangelical bigots. The cost of all food rose sharply. The deficit was tripled. He supported nun murderers in Central America. He sold arms to Iran, fer fuck's sake. IRAN!!!! He holds the record for people convicted in his administration. He cut and ran from Beruit when we were attacked.

The list is long.
:cuckoo:

I wonder if Reagan knew Texas wasn't landlocked.

Who was the worst president of your lifetime, and why?

My vote is for Lyndon Johnson. He prosecuted the Vietnam War in such a way as to render it unwinnable; in fact, never had any intention of TRYING to win. This was a massive betrayal of American blood. I hope they kept hell hot for him.

His Great Society farce wasted untold billions of dollars and allowed the Federal Government to grow into a monster. We will feel it's repurcussions for many generations.

We've had some real squareheads in the Oval Office, but I think Johnson takes the cake.
Obamaturd is still working to be the worst. Carter ranks up there. I agree with you though, johnson was pretty incompetent when it came to vietnam.

Carter.. hands down.. fiscally horrid... horrid on foreign policy.. and about as pansy as they come...

Would say Obama, but I do not only because he has not finished his destruction yet...

Worst to first in my lifetime:

Carter
Obama
Bush II
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
tie - Bush I
tie - Clinton
Reagan

Many may be shocked that I have Clinton 2nd.. mainly that is because he did actually work across the aisle... and everyone else was pretty bad.. I give Bush I a lot of crap for not having a backbone with Iraq, taxes, etc

I'm surprised how many Conservatives claim Carter, Clinton and Obama were worse presidents than Nixon. Is it a poor understanding of history or partisan blindness?

The Nixon administration was far more damaging to this nation. The Watergate affair stole momentum from the economy, our national prestige and our understanding of constitutional law. Nixon resigned in shame and infamy. His handling of Vietnam prolonged the war and cost tens of thousands of lives.

And yet he seems to be forgiven by virtue of an (R) behind his name. Is it blind partisanship? Or, as I assume, a poor understanding of history?

Reagan.

We have been down that road since 1957...

I personally think Reagan would have liked to have spent less, but had to deal with a DEM congress... but one good thing he did was lowering the tax rates to boost the economic activity.. there is no reason to have uber-high tax rates on everyone.. even if everyone does not agree with me that flat tax is the only equal treatment government can actually have in taxation

Forum List

Back