Who was the worst?

Let's see - in my lifetime the Democratic presidents were Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, and Clinton.

I like Truman's philosophies. He was a leader and a man of principle and he protected the Constitution by putting McArthur in his place. Matter of fact, Truman was more conservative that either Bush Sr. or GW.

I have mixed feelings about Kennedy. He was a notorious womanizer and almost as amoral as Clinton. He damn near started WW III with his stupidity during the Bay of Pigs. But he was a leader and he believed that it was more important for a citizen to serve his country than for the country to serve the citizen. That's a concept that would make today's liberals turn purple.

Then we have Johnson, Carter and Clinton - how do you choose the worst from that rogue's gallery? I can't do it. They each did their damage in their own way. I don't think that one was any more or less reprehensible than the others. But if kerry somehow gets elected, I think we will then have a clear winner in this category.

I was only alive for about 6 months of the Johnson administration, so I can't make a personal decision there. Even if I could, I would still have to say Jimmy Carter. No doubt.

Who was the worst president of your lifetime, and why?
Toooooooooooooooooo easy!!!!

9-11_Statue_of_Liberty_and_WTC.jpg

Jimmy Carter was the worst President until Owe Bama came along. Owe Bama is the worst President and he wins that honor hands down. I've never seen such a liar in public office as he is and he's doing everything he can possibly do to destroy America.

Carter, obam Johnson.

ETA: Crayon boy resurected a 2004 thread?
Ain't it a bitch?

"Over 120 CIA documents concerning 9/11, Osama bin Laden and counterterrorism were published today for the first time, having been newly declassified and released to the National Security Archive. The documents were released after the NSA pored through the footnotes of the 9/11 Commission and sent Freedom of Information Act requests.

The material contains much new information about the hunt before and after 9/11 for bin Laden, the development of the drone campaign in AfPak, and al-Qaida’s relationship with America’s ally, Pakistan. Perhaps most damning are the documents showing that the CIA had bin Laden in its cross hairs a full year before 9/11 — but didn’t get the funding from the Bush administration White House to take him out or even continue monitoring him. The CIA materials directly contradict the many claims of Bush officials that it was aggressively pursuing al-Qaida prior to 9/11, and that nobody could have predicted the attacks. “I don’t think the Bush administration would want to see these released, because they paint a picture of the CIA knowing something would happen before 9/11, but they didn’t get the institutional support they needed,” says Barbara Elias-Sanborn, the NSA fellow who edited the materials."

Carter, terrible president but a decent human being

Johnson, probably the most corrupt, responsible for thousands of american deaths in viet nam

Clinton, dishonored the white house and the office of president

But the worst by far is the current one, none of the others hated the USA and wanted to punish it for its past successes (and slavery of course). Obama, worst president in history, no one else comes close.

and for the record, I would say the same thing if he was a lilley white red headed irishman. I don't despise his race, I despise him.

I am only 27.
I would have to say obama. Granted, Clinton is right there under him. He did good during his time(especially economy and diabetes research), but the effects of his Presidency is still felt today(thanks obama)
But If I was older, it would be tough between, CLinton, obama, Carter and LBJ

MHO:
1) THE worst - U.S. Grant
2) Richard Nixon
3) Herbert Hoover
4) Andrew Johnson
5) Warren G. Harding
6) Andrew Jackson

Who was the worst president of your lifetime, and why?

LBJ was the worst in my opinion, with Nixon a close second. Carter was bad but not the worst, just massively ineffective. Obama is cut from the same bolt as Johnson (and Wilson), so I expect we'll look at him the same way; big war, big government, big debt. Loved Reagan's talk of limited government but he spent like a progressive, as did Bush II.

Historically it would have to be Buchanan. Carter easily in my 57 years, then Johnson.

Yeah, the historical winner is always Buchanan. IF he'd made a decision one way or another there'd have likely been either no Civil War or an incredibly short one. Hands down worst President in US History.

My life time is tough. I was born in 1975, which means I technically I can pick from Gerald Ford up to Obama, but I don't feel I can honestly pick Carter or Ford (or Reagan) as I was way to young to know what was happening. Given that, I think I'd have to pick George W. Bush. He just botched everything he touched. Passed a Medicare Prescription plan that added to the debt, failed to figure out how to pay for two wars, botched the early days of the occupation, expanded Federal Power after 9/11 to a nightmarish place, botched the Stem Cell debate and the Chinese Spy Plane fiasco, helped push Russia and China into a closer alliance, practically ignored Iran and North Korea after calling them out as members of the Axis of Evil, cuddled up with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan despite the fact they were infested with Al Queda and still are....

Just a disaster of a President.

I was born when Kennedy was president.
In my time Obama is the worst president ever. Every other one managed to reach across teh aisle at some point to work on major legislation with the opposition. Not this character. They also were able to change policies when they became unfeasible or failed. Not this one.

Past presidents. Ford was fairly inept with his WIN buttons (wish I had one). Clinton epitomized sleaze in personal terms although in his second administration he did fine recycling GOP ideas into policy. In terms of policy Johnson's have had the worst impact on this country of all of them combined.

Forum List

Back