Who was the worst traitor in U.S. history?

There was no US and the Constitution had yet to be written at the time of the Revolutionary war so Arnold is eliminated in a legal sense. Loyalty to the states was an important issue in the Civil War so it is a waste of time to try to convict Lee and his generals when the federal government made no effort to do so after the war. It's probably a good idea to limit the search for the notorious traitors in the 20th century and you have to break it down to actual effect of the treason rather than the pop-culture's emotional version. In my mind Oswald is at the top of the list. He wasn't just an assassin, he was literally a traitor. The Rosenburg conspiracy has yet to be defined as to whether or not the Russians could have developed the A-bomb on their own. Jane Fonda should be on the list as well as her partner John Kerry in their plot to unite the anti-war faction with the civil rights unrest in the revolutionary "winter soldiers project". Bill Ayers certainly fits the bill with an almost decade long terrorism rampage and revolutionary agenda. The FBI and CIA spies were traitors but their brand of treason was localized and did nothing more than undermine a corrupt and failed intelligence system.

Can you elaborate please, or is your response based on the self important view that "I disagree with this person, therefore they MUST be stupid?"

Kevin has already elaborated.

Why do you think we were named "The United States Of America?" Was it because George Washington established an empire where once colonies had stood? Trading the central authority of the British Crown for the central authority of Washington? Or was it that 13 autonomous states, each with an independent government, elected from the people therein, formed a voluntary union for common defense and to arbitrate disputes of trade?

Because, IF this were a union, than any member can leave at any time. If it is an empire, then the sovereign will bring force of arms and call the attempt of people to govern themselves "treason" and "sedition."

All flap-yap and nonsense. The issue was settled at Appomatox Court House. Only idiots bring it up again.

Many possibilities: Aldrich Ames, the Rosenbergs, or Benedict Arnold himself. My nominee is Harry Dexter White.

quote: 1. White was the real author of the Morgenthau plan to "turn Germany into a potato field," which when leaked, united non-Nazis with Nazis, stiffened resistance, and prolonged the war.
2. White used his position in the Treasury Department to develop a hostile U.S. policy toward Japan. The reason was to distract Japan from their plans to attack the Soviet Union and draw the U.S. into the war as an ally with the Soviet Union.
3. White was the author of an extreme ultimatum that Japan could not comply with in the days just prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor.
4. White delayed financial support mandated by law to Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek's Nationalist Chinese government causing the triumph of Mao Tse-Tung's Communist Chinese government.
5. White was instrumental in handing over the Allied Military mark printing plates to the Soviets. This caused a $250,000,000 deficit in the occupational government budget paid out by the U.S. Treasury. This in effect amounted to the US taxpayer paying the salaries of Soviet occupation troops at a time when US/Soviet relations were deteriorating precisely because of the presence and behavior of Soviet occupation forces in Eastern Europe.

LINK

The John Birch Society got into BIG trouble for pointing these things out 60 years ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6taS9R1KM]John Birch Society Song - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylFqdxRMwE]Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues - YouTube[/ame]

The political reality 60 years ago was that democrat icon Harry Truman was so unpopular that he couldn't even get his own party to nominate him even though he was the incumbent president. Democrats lost big time to Ike and the US had a pretty good eight years despite the left's whining about the John Birchers.

They were colonies not states in 1775 clearly subordinate to the Crown. The colonies had no legal right to leave the Empire without its permission. Yes, GW was a traitor to the crown.

I would argue that this would be the point. The founders, and this is actually an issue they were almost unanimous on at the time, did not believe in majority rule.

They did believe in limited franchise, but within that franchise the state legislatures went with majority rule, as did the house of representatives they set up.

The electoral college votes by majority rule, as does the supreme court, and the sentate (in most cases).

The overall mechanics of a republic is rule by a majority, tempered by a consitution which guarantees certain limits on the pure majorites ability for action.

Well let's go back to the colonies and the King, you said they won the war so the point is moot. But it's not. Either they had the right to secede, or they didn't. Whether the war was won or lost is irrelevant. So did they have the right or didn't they? I mean, Britain was just going by majority rule, right? Why shouldn't the colonies have had to pay for the war that was fought essentially on their behalf?

Oswald as far as the actual impact on the United States was the most notorious traitor in history. Aldrich Ames was a flunkie CIA agent and they couldn't even find him in the next cubicle and Robert Hanssen was a flunkie FBI agent and he shouldn't even had international clearance. Both were more of a symptom of what the intelligence community had degenerated to than an actual threat to American security. Jane Fonda was a genuine revolutionary and together with her sidekick, former Navy Lt John Kerry they were genuine traitors out to overthrow the government. Bill Ayers was a revolutionary who's intention was to overthrow the US government.

Oswald as far as the actual impact on the United States was the most notorious traitor in history.

That is if you believe the lies put out by the government regarding the JFK assassination.

I believe the evidence is overwhelming and proves Oswald never fired a gun on that terrible day in Dallas.

Last edited:
They were colonies not states in 1775 clearly subordinate to the Crown. The colonies had no legal right to leave the Empire without its permission. Yes, GW was a traitor to the crown.

They did believe in limited franchise, but within that franchise the state legislatures went with majority rule, as did the house of representatives they set up.

The electoral college votes by majority rule, as does the supreme court, and the sentate (in most cases).

The overall mechanics of a republic is rule by a majority, tempered by a consitution which guarantees certain limits on the pure majorites ability for action.

Well let's go back to the colonies and the King, you said they won the war so the point is moot. But it's not. Either they had the right to secede, or they didn't. Whether the war was won or lost is irrelevant. So did they have the right or didn't they? I mean, Britain was just going by majority rule, right? Why shouldn't the colonies have had to pay for the war that was fought essentially on their behalf?

Then I suggest we beg forgiveness and ask David Cameron to take us back, posthaste. We had no right to leave, so we obviously have to go back.

Kevin_Kennedy, we both know, my good friend, that the force of arms wins most arguments.

I hope you have a great Holiday Season and a Merry Christmas, if you swing that way.

Worst traitor ever? Anwar al-Awlaki. Got his son to be a traitor, too.

Hint: Turn against your birthplace, America, and work on killing Americans and Obama will give you and your traitorous son Predator drone suppositories.

Helps me sleep easier every nite.

Regards from Rosie

American born US traitor?

John Walker, the USN officer.

Jane Fonda comes to mind also.

Hint: Turn against your birthplace, America, and work on killing Americans and Obama will give you and your traitorous son Predator drone suppositories.

Regards from Rosie

Murdering American citizens without warrant, trial, tribunal, arrest, or warning makes leftist fucktards all warm and fuzzy inside.

Makes you dream of Pol Pot and the future you desire...

Regards from Rosie

Murdering American citizens without warrant, trial, tribunal, arrest, or warning makes leftist fucktards all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yup. No need for trial given his role in the killing of 13 Ft. Hood soldiers. They need to quit farting around and put Nidal Hasan in front of a firing squad, too. Traitors in wartime don't get citizenship protections

This. Is. War...not tiddly winks Ballerina Boy.

Regards from Rosie

Yup. No need for trial given his role in the killing of 13 Ft. Hood soldiers. They need to quit farting around and put Nidal Hasan in front of a firing squad, too. Traitors in wartime don't get citizenship protections

Regards from Rosie

Do you support summary executions in the street for anyone failing to take a loyalty oath to Lord Obama?

By the Constitution and the rules of war, when this man declared war against America, warrant and trial and tribunal and arrest and execution were only a matter of time.

You are close to treason for aiding and abetting traitors, Uncensored.

Regards from Rosie

Fluffer Uncensored gives us some hyperbole as the Board Jester and Official Fool.

Regards from Rosie

Do you support summary executions in the street for anyone failing to take a loyalty oath to Lord Obama?

Forum List

Back