Who was the one who started all the "Russian collusion" nonsense anyway?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Where did the idea come from, that Russia had anything to do with the 2016 election and helped Trump to win? Does anyone remember? Was it Comey? Hillary? Obama?

Where did the idea come from, that Russia had anything to do with the 2016 election and helped Trump to win? Does anyone remember? Was it Comey? Hillary? Obama?
An Australian diplomat tipped off the FBI in July 2016. A drunken George Papadopoulos revealed to the diplomat in May 2016 that the Russians had dirt on Clinton. Papadopoulos was colluding with the Russians.

The diplomat took that information to the FBI.

Director of National Intelligence from combined sources from the CIA and other intelligence agencies. DNA represents all US intelligence agencies combined.

An Australian diplomat tipped off the FBI in July 2016. A drunken George Papadopoulos revealed to the diplomat in May 2016 that the Russians had dirt on Clinton. Papadopoulos was colluding with the Russians.

No, I believe it stared before that, immediately after Trump's quote during the debates:

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you'll be able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said, speaking about Hillary Clinton's deleted emails from her private email account from her time as secretary of state. "I think you'll probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

Then on Sept. 26, 2016 Hillary responded by saying:

"But increasingly, we are seeing cyber attacks coming from states, organs of states. The most recent and troubling of these has been Russia. There's no doubt now that Russia has used cyber attacks against all kinds of organizations in our country, and I am deeply concerned about this. I know Donald's very praiseworthy of Vladimir Putin, but Putin is playing a really ... tough, long game here. And one of the things he's done is to let loose cyber attackers to hack into government files, to hack into personal files, hack into the Democratic National Committee."

Oh that is simple- Donald Trump's campaign staff.

How the Russia Inquiry Began: A Campaign Aide, Drinks and Talk of Political Dirt

WASHINGTON — During a night of heavy drinking at an upscale London bar in May 2016, George Papadopoulos, a young foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, made a startling revelation to Australia’s top diplomat in Britain: Russia had political dirt on Hillary Clinton.

About three weeks earlier, Mr. Papadopoulos had been told that Moscow had thousands of emails that would embarrass Mrs. Clinton, apparently stolen in an effort to try to damage her campaign.

Exactly how much Mr. Papadopoulos said that night at the Kensington Wine Rooms with the Australian, Alexander Downer, is unclear. But two months later, when leaked Democratic emails began appearing online, Australian officials passed the information about Mr. Papadopoulos to their American counterparts, according to four current and former American and foreign officials with direct knowledge of the Australians’ role.

No, I believe it stared before that, immediately after Trump's quote during the debates:

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you'll be able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said, speaking about Hillary Clinton's deleted emails from her private email account from her time as secretary of state. "I think you'll probably be rewarded mightily by our press.""

That happened after Papagopoulus leaked the info to the Australians and after the FBI started its investigation.

But thanks for reminding us of how Trump begged the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton on July 28, 2016

No, I believe it stared before that, immediately after Trump's quote during the debates
You bleev wrongly. Papadopoulos had already spilled the beans by then.

I guarantee you it wasn't me. I wouldn't be that treasonous and so g-damned stupid as to put Putin on such a pedestal knowing it would strengthen him at home and harm America.

Whoever did this for their own personal gain hopefully faces consequences in due time.

Forum List

Back