Who Was The First Liberal

Shooter

Semper Fi
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
Who was the first liberal?

Christopher Columbus. He left not knowing where he was going, got there not knowing where he was, left not knowing where he'd been and did it all on borrowed money.

Christopher Columbus. He left not knowing where he was going, got there not knowing where he was, left not knowing where he'd been and did it all on borrowed money.
Inb4 the Left calls him a Conservative for "discovering" a country that already exists then enslaving, exploiting and killing the indigenous peoples as well as bringing diseases.

Wow, gee, hmmm, that's a hard one. Which would I rather be?

con·serv·a·tive   
[kuhn-sur-vuh-tiv] Show IPA
–adjective
disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.
traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.

lib·er·al   
[lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl] Show IPA
–adjective
favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
( often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.
given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation.
not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts.
of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I always considered Jesus Christ the first well known liberal.

Most liberals make the same (stupid) claim. They are wrong. Christ wanted us to be charitable to one another, not have charity forced upon us. Because, in helping someone else, one becomes a better person.

con·serv·a·tive   
–adjective
disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.

lib·er·al   
–adjective
( often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.

Funny, no one argues with the definition of conservative.

con·serv·a·tive   
–adjective

lib·er·al   
–adjective

Funny, you don't fit your own definition of a Liberal:
8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.

con·serv·a·tive   
–adjective

lib·er·al   
–adjective

8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.

Open minded includes "evidence", "facts" and "data". You should always be "open minded". But the right comes up with "magical creation", "200 million dollar a day trips", "death panels" and more craziness. Not being open minded to "delusion" doesn't mean you aren't open minded. It just means you have standards.

Open minded includes "evidence", "facts" and "data". You should always be "open minded". But the right comes up with "magical creation", "200 million dollar a day trips", "death panels" and more craziness. Not being open minded to "delusion" doesn't mean you aren't open minded. It just means you have standards.

Happily, not all 'liberals' are as stupid as you.... this is the 'humor' section. If you have no sense of humor - apparently this fundamental human emotion is removed from the borg -then stay the fuck out of the humor forum. Because, right now, you're making yourself into the board joke.

:lol::lol:

The first liberal was the first cavewoman to show her fellow cavedwellers that the round things on the tree tasted better than uncle fred.

I liked that joke, BTW.

But in answer to the question: Who was the first liberal?

Probably the first LIBERAL well known to WESTERN CIVILIZATION was Pathagoras.

You can read about Pythagoreanism here:

That's not funny. Although.... that you feel so desperate to "prove" your intellect that you answer a question that was asked -and answered - in jest does make me laugh.

Oh, sweetie, I don't need to prove my intellect.

Just like you don't have to prove your lack of it.

Neither of us can help but being what GOD made us.

Pythagoras probably was the first notable liberal in Western civilization.

Some people, I thought, might find that interesting and informative.

It is to them I post, sweetheart, not to people like you.

I'm sorry if my posts make you feel stupid, but know that is never my intention.

Why would I bother doing something for you that you do so well all by yourself?

Forum List

Back