Who Was That Gun-Toting Anti-Obama Protester, by Joan Walsh

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
I've grown to love Joan Walsh, she's brilliant and patient. I say the latter because I saw her deal with Bill O'Reilly on his show. She's written quite an expose on our gun-happy, bloody-tree happy friend William Kostric:

One of Tuesday's big mysteries was the motivation behind anti-Obama protester William Kostric, the man who brought a loaded gun to the town hall meeting and carried a sign referencing Thomas Jefferson's famous credo, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots."

On Tuesday afternoon MSNBC's Chris Matthews asked Kostric why he carried "a God-damned gun" to a meeting with the president, "given the violent history of this country with regard to presidents and assassinations," and whether he supported the Birther movement. Kostric insisted his intentions were peaceful, and that he's not affiliated with Birther groups.

But at least one of those statements doesn't seem to be true. A right-wing activist named "William Kostric," who's left a lot of footprints around the Web, is listed as a "team member" of the Arizona chapter of We the People, the far-right group best known for joining a lawsuit challenging Obama's right to be president based on his not being a U.S. citizen. Kostric told MSNBC he recently moved from Arizona to New Hampshire. (Kostric did not reply to Salon's e-mail request for an interview.

Who was that gun-toting anti-Obama protester? - Joan Walsh - Salon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
So what? Got a point? Simple enough question for ya. If simply carrying a gun invokes the specter of violence and murder, then why do we let police and Secret Service carry them amongst us? Why do we allow US Marshals to be armed and the FBI? I mean if all it takes is the mere presence of an armed person to invoke this fear and danger and thoughts of assassination and murder, why allow the Government to be armed?

Simply carrying a weapon in A State where it is perfectly legal to do so invokes no such images except among those wanting to create a panic where none exists. Explain why not a single person in the group he was in or anyone viewing him outside the group actually feared for their life? Explain why, if his mere presence there armed was such a threat, why wasn't he arrested?

So what? Got a point? Simple enough question for ya. If simply carrying a gun invokes the specter of violence and murder, then why do we let police and Secret Service carry them amongst us? Why do we allow US Marshals to be armed and the FBI? I mean if all it takes is the mere presence of an armed person to invoke this fear and danger and thoughts of assassination and murder, why allow the Government to be armed?

Simply carrying a weapon in A State where it is perfectly legal to do so invokes no such images except among those wanting to create a panic where none exists. Explain why not a single person in the group he was in or anyone viewing him outside the group actually feared for their life? Explain why, if his mere presence there armed was such a threat, why wasn't he arrested?

Because he hasn't blown up a Federal building in Oklahoma City......yet.

Because he hasn't blown up a Federal building in Oklahoma City......yet.

In other words you got nothing, but hey thanks for proving your abject IGNORANCE.

yeah because everyone who exercises their second amendment rights turns out to be a terrorist. :cuckoo:

The man who brought a gun to President Barack Obama's town hall meeting on Tuesday is a former Arizona resident with ties to an extreme right-wing group that calls for "resistance...against unconstitutional or illegal behavior by government officials."

William Kostric, 36, formerly of Scottsdale, stood outside the New Hampshire meeting on healthcare with a gun holstered at his thigh and holding a sign proclaiming that "it is time to water the tree of liberty."

The quote, often referenced by militia members and those in separatist movements, refers to Thomas Jefferson's famous call for vigilance: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots."

azcentral.com blogs - Robert Anglen's Watchblog: Gun toter at Obama rally tied to Arizona separatist groups

Another day where the libs want to piss all over the Constitution...

How surprising...

Chrissy won't be happy until we have a modern version of Stalin's Russia.

Him and his ilk have never been closer than with Barry Zero...

I wonder what other Articles or Amendments they'd like to toss out?

Chrissy Lewinsky would like to throw all of them out. I am sure some others would like to do the same.

Chrissy won't be happy until we have a modern version of Stalin's Russia.

Him and his ilk have never been closer than with Barry Zero...

I wonder what other Articles or Amendments they'd like to toss out?

Chrissy Lewinsky would like to throw all of them out. I am sure some others would like to do the same.

I can see them supporting a new "Progressive Constitution"...

Free speech? Nah, we won't be needing THAT anymore...

No need to bare arms either - Barry will allow drinking straws and spitballs only (maybe Nerf guns, but that's pushing it)...

After they anoint the Ossiah as supreme leader for life, they'll move on to a 100% tax for anyone making any salary (unions excluded, of course)...

Forum List

Back