Who Was Rosa Parks Again.....?

She was someone I have long admired for her courage....

"It takes far more courage to go against custom, than to go against law..."

1...the title of the OP was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the historic nature of efforts by "24-year old African-American schoolteacher Elizabeth Jennings" ...

2. who was racially identical to Rosa Parks, performing the same singular act...
in contrast Oct 12th might

3. but far younger...half the age, and there for less able to judge the results of her actions,

4. and far braver, in that she took said action in a time and place that nine years later would see riots and blacks hung from lamp-posts...

5. and whose actions should more properly have been awarded metals and historicity than Ms.Parks.

In contrast Oct 12th might well be called Leif Erikson day PC, and it might be shown that indeed Leif captain'd lesser ships toward what was a far more unknown, and thus dangerous cause

but it is not, and it's not because his timing wasn't right for the world, the 'spark' was Columbus' the same as it was Rosa's , which whoever wrote this has obviously set aside in her pursuit of vauge comparissions that degrade said phenomenon

malicous are those who would contort history, which is very much based on the feel of the time, to such ends....

~S~

Here in Brooklyn the law is enforced with respect to those disgusting pigs who walk their dogs on other folk's lawns and amble off without cleaning up the mess.

Said disgusting pigs would include you, who made the mess earlier in the thread, casting aspirsions which you have yet to clean up.

"Again, I challenge you to either retract, or show how awarding Elizabeth Jennings her just due is debasing Rosa Parks."

Man up.

save the misandry for those lame enough to take the bait PC

consider it a personal challenge to youself to write with better intent, and less projection

here>

How to Write a Comparative Analysis

4. and far braver, in that she took said action in a time and place that nine years later would see riots and blacks hung from lamp-posts...

Are you implying she knew the future?

No, bozo, and get your tongue out of your cheek-

I'm saying that at that time NYC was dangerous for white male citizens, and moreso for black and Chinese.

Ever hear of the Dead Rabbits?

The Five Points area?

Is it settled now, Dr Gazpacho?

Last edited:
In contrast Oct 12th might well be called Leif Erikson day PC, and it might be shown that indeed Leif captain'd lesser ships toward what was a far more unknown, and thus dangerous cause

but it is not, and it's not because his timing wasn't right for the world, the 'spark' was Columbus' the same as it was Rosa's , which whoever wrote this has obviously set aside in her pursuit of vauge comparissions that degrade said phenomenon

malicous are those who would contort history, which is very much based on the feel of the time, to such ends....

~S~

Here in Brooklyn the law is enforced with respect to those disgusting pigs who walk their dogs on other folk's lawns and amble off without cleaning up the mess.

Said disgusting pigs would include you, who made the mess earlier in the thread, casting aspirsions which you have yet to clean up.

"Again, I challenge you to either retract, or show how awarding Elizabeth Jennings her just due is debasing Rosa Parks."

Man up.

save the misandry for those lame enough to take the bait PC

consider it a personal challenge to youself to write with better intent, and less projection

here>

How to Write a Comparative Analysis

Obfuscate much?

You can run, but you can't hide. You are guilty of both making a charge which you are unaable to support, and in the process claiming that I did something that I did not: debase and slander Rosa Parks.

Now you are reduced to changing the subject rather than the honorable thing, and you believe that you will be allowed to do so.

There is no bait, as I have no intention of maintaining some sort of correspondance with one of low character such as yourself.

So, don't let me keep you: Isn’t this the time of year you are usually busy shedding your skin?

You can run, but you can't hide. You are guilty of both making a charge which you are unaable to support, and in the process claiming that I did something that I did not: debase and slander Rosa Parks.

yet by proxy of advocating Liz J, that's what you did PC

the addage >"Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others wonder what has happened" comes to mind when the credibility of Rosa P. is challenged via this one Boston poet (and a very obscure one at that) Liz J.

she also seems a tad anemic vs. your description.....
elizabeth_jennings.jpg

Forum List

Back