Who was it who said Polls do not matter show me the electoral map?

I actually do know people from PA thanks for asking...

they are religious but they aren't fanatics. and please do explain to me how if PA is so religious and gun happy, they haven't gone GOP is the last four elections, even with Bush in 04 talking about "if you vote for Kerry you will surely die"?

I wait anxiously for your response.

I've worked with many people from PA, and have a sister, nieces and nephews who've live there for over 20 years. I've also consulted on jobs there and have had many conversations about politics with locals. I don't think I ever ran across someone who was not religious and believed in gun right. The State has leaned Democrat because of unions and such, but I don't see them leaning far to the Left to support Obama.

Same with NH, by the way.

Someone recently said, in response to McCains lead in the polls, that Polls do not matter only the electoral race matters.

At that time of course Obama still had a slight lead in Electoral projections.

What say you now?

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

Of course it matters.

Winning by one popular vote in most states gives the winner all the electors.

It's a screwy system, in my opinion, that we ought to get rid of.

Of course it matters.

Winning by one popular vote in most states gives the winner all the electors.

It's a screwy system, in my opinion, that we ought to get rid of.
You Democrats got rid of it in your Primary and look at the fucking mess it made. :lol:

The Founders were very wise in that they understood the simple concept that the winner, wins. It's only you Liberals who think otherwise.

i have said polls dont matter due to the wording of many polls to get the response they want. The electoral vote does matter. No debating that. As for the shifting polls....what else does the media have to do?

You Democrats got rid of it in your Primary and look at the fucking mess it made. :lol:

The Founders were very wise in that they understood the simple concept that the winner, wins. It's only you Liberals who think otherwise.

Every kid learns/is warned that their vote doesn't really count if the rich and powerful in this country decide they don't like the person We The People elect. And God Damn if it didn't happen in 2000 and 2004. The people voted for Gore & Kerry but the rich gave their electorals to Bush. That's why there weren't any riots. We learned very young that voting is bullshit. That's why so few of us vote.

Every kid learns/is warned that their vote doesn't really count if the rich and powerful in this country decide they don't like the person We The People elect. And God Damn if it didn't happen in 2000 and 2004. The people voted for Gore & Kerry but the rich gave their electorals to Bush. That's why there weren't any riots. We learned very young that voting is bullshit. That's why so few of us vote.
It makes me very happy that you who are so dismally unaware of reality don't vote.

What partisan pap.

I know just as many Republicans who question the electorate system as Dems.

Try taking off those partisan blinders and thinking for a change.

You might surprise yourself and actually have an original thought or something.

Personally, Polls are just a way to give someone a sort of picture of how things look, however, polls have been known to be wrong many times. Take a look at the mess polls made out of the the last 2 elections. As for this election, I just get the feeling this one is shaping up to be a lot like 2000 a very close one, except it might come down to Co. this time, however thats just opinion. If you think Obama is going to win in the South , thats a pipe dream there, he won't win Fl. or Ga. If McCain though wins a state like Pa. this ones over. It means that the dems message has been taken over by McCain . The only way Obama wins this thing is to take the same states Gore took plus Co. and and another state like In. or Va. and thats not gonna happen there.

they will also be reminded that yesterday the Stock market bottomed out and major corporations are falling and unemployment is at a five year high....

I'm not sure I'd classify PA is a bible belt state my dear...that play better in GA and VA... but good luck with that train of thought...I'm sure it gives you some measure of comfort even if it's not based in any type of reality.

Ya and announcing you plan to RAISE taxes on all Corporations and Business and to create a windfall tax to steal their profits is sure gonna help the economy.

You people are simply amazing.

Ya and announcing you plan to RAISE taxes on all Corporations and Business and to create a windfall tax to steal their profits is sure gonna help the economy.

You people are simply amazing.

Great idea on that for Obama, a windfall profit tax on oil compaines and " hey lets punish the bad evil companies" I wonder how well thats going to go over on Wall Street? Better still Gunny, I wonder if Obama's supporters think this tax is just going to be sucked up by these companies as some sort of gesture to help the struggling people, I wouldn't wait for that to happen. Good plan Obama, and an even better solution for Wall Street, thats if you want it to go down further and prices to increase in order to finance a massive social give away.

Great idea on that for Obama, a windfall profit tax on oil compaines and " hey lets punish the bad evil companies" I wonder how well thats going to go over on Wall Street? Better still Gunny, I wonder if Obama's supporters think this tax is just going to be sucked up by these companies as some sort of gesture to help the struggling people, I wouldn't wait for that to happen. Good plan Obama, and an even better solution for Wall Street, thats if you want it to go down further and prices to increase in order to finance a massive social give away.

This is the typical response from Republicans. We can't tax the corporations. They already pay enough! So next year when they make $50 billion in profits, the CEO will want to figure out how to make even more, so he'll raise the costs so to try and make $51 billion. Where will he find another billion? I know, they can threaten that they can't afford to stay in business if they are forced to pay taxes.

So ultimately only consumers pay taxes? Only MIDDLE CLASS consumers anyways. The rich don't pay taxes. Ask Leona Helmsley.

You house slaves only think they pay taxes.

This is the typical response from Republicans. We can't tax the corporations. They already pay enough! So next year when they make $50 billion in profits, the CEO will want to figure out how to make even more, so he'll raise the costs so to try and make $51 billion. Where will he find another billion? I know, they can threaten that they can't afford to stay in business if they are forced to pay taxes.

So ultimately only consumers pay taxes? Only MIDDLE CLASS consumers anyways. The rich don't pay taxes. Ask Leona Helmsley.

Corporations don't pay taxes, period.

If you levy a $0.25 tax on $1 hamburgers your hamburger will cost $1.25 the next day. The only thing you can do is tax hamburgers so heavily that people stop buying them thus destroying markets and reducing tax revenue.

Remember Clinton's Luxury Tax and how fast he repealed that when it crushed entire industries?

Thank you for making my point for me sealy, when you buy gas for that car, and a windfall profit tax is placed on the company that sells you that gas who do you think is paying that tax? you or the company? So the idea, of using a tax to somehow punish a company is competely stupid. As for your assesment of who pays taxes in this country, you might be surprised on that one too. 70% of the taxes in this country are paid by the top 10% of wage earners. Thats a fact, you can go to to BLS.gov or IRS.gov if you like. The other thing thats flawed in your thinking is this, this is the United States , where a business marks it success by profits, it is NOT evil or bad for a company to make money you know. Since when did it become bad for a company to make profits? Since when did we become this country where , people feel entitled to the same things their neighbors have without going out and working for them? The bottom liine is this, those same companies you say don't pay taxes, rich people etc, are the very same people who employ most of the people in this country. So you want to punish success then do so at your own peril, becuase taxes on the companies will be passed along to the "middle class" in the form of higher gas prices, food prices, clothing, etc. So it's a choice, you want a bad economy and all those neat little govt. giveaways from Obama or a good economy and less giveaways, thats the choice, because your not going to get both of them.

Thank you for making my point for me sealy, when you buy gas for that car, and a windfall profit tax is placed on the company that sells you that gas who do you think is paying that tax? you or the company? So the idea, of using a tax to somehow punish a company is competely stupid. As for your assesment of who pays taxes in this country, you might be surprised on that one too. 70% of the taxes in this country are paid by the top 10% of wage earners. Thats a fact, you can go to to BLS.gov or IRS.gov if you like. The other thing thats flawed in your thinking is this, this is the United States , where a business marks it success by profits, it is NOT evil or bad for a company to make money you know. Since when did it become bad for a company to make profits? Since when did we become this country where , people feel entitled to the same things their neighbors have without going out and working for them? The bottom liine is this, those same companies you say don't pay taxes, rich people etc, are the very same people who employ most of the people in this country. So you want to punish success then do so at your own peril, becuase taxes on the companies will be passed along to the "middle class" in the form of higher gas prices, food prices, clothing, etc. So it's a choice, you want a bad economy and all those neat little govt. giveaways from Obama or a good economy and less giveaways, thats the choice, because your not going to get both of them.

Do I need your product? Is your product a necessity? Then I can choose not to buy it if you up the price too much. Can't afford to stay in business and pay taxes? Maybe your product sucks. And that's free markets for ya. Let the market decide.

But the Government, who represents the people, allows you to do business in America and you take advantage of what our taxes pay for, roads, police, 9-11, schools, etc. So you have to pay taxes. Sorry.

I know what you are saying, but doing it your way crashed the economy. We got it from here. :eusa_hand: No more advice.

Remember Clinton's Luxury Tax and how fast he repealed that when it crushed entire industries?

Show me this. Also, if it is true, then this is proof that Democrats won't ruin the economy by taxing too much. Clearly Clinton SWIFTLY repealed a tax that wasn't right.

LOL. Loser.

Last edited:
Do I need your product? Is your product a necessity? Then I can choose not to buy it if you up the price too much. Can't afford to stay in business and pay taxes? Maybe your product sucks. And that's free markets for ya. Let the market decide.

But the Government, who represents the people, allows you to do business in America and you take advantage of what our taxes pay for, roads, police, 9-11, schools, etc. So you have to pay taxes. Sorry.

I know what you are saying, but doing it your way crashed the economy. We got it from here. :eusa_hand: No more advice.

The point is , in some cases, food, fuel, trasnportation , you as the consumer won't have much of a choice in a price increase on a profits tax. It's not a matter of saying well , I'm going to gas station A. because they didn't pass the tax onto me as the consumer. I didn't say that the middle class , didn't pay taxes, what I said was, is that if you punish those that pay the most taxes in order to give social prgrams to those that pay little or no taxes, don't expect an economy that is vibrant or one that employs very many people. Here is another thought, those Fire and police and sevice people use fuel for those trucks and services. that fuel goes up your taxes property taxes go up. See what I mean? So to punish compaines with a so called profit tax, will have wide ranging effects. As I said earlier, it boils down to the choice I mentioned above.

Show me this. Also, if it is true, then this is proof that Democrats won't ruin the economy by taxing too much. Clearly Clinton SWIFTLY repealed a tax that wasn't right.

LOL. Loser.

Class warfare targeting the rich is risky business. A federal luxury tax on yachts in 1991 took aim at the wealthy with a 10 percent tax on luxury yachts costing over $100,000. The result? The wealthy simply stopped buying U.S.-made yachts.

In my district, a boat manufacturer closed its factory in Florida and laid off most of its workers in New Jersey. In all, over 1,400 workers at both plants lost their jobs. These were middle class American workers. Their products, of which about 15 percent were exported, were ruined. Sales fell over 80 percent, from nearly $100 million to $11 million. Yacht builders in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Japan and Hong Kong took up the slack in the yacht market. More than 6,700 jobs were lost across the U.S.
Washington Times - SAXTON: A tax cut consensus

if you punish those that pay the most taxes in order to give social prgrams to those that pay little or no taxes, don't expect an economy that is vibrant or one that employs very many people.

Wrong. The 90's are a perfect example.

Roll back the Bush tax cuts. It's bullshit that we can't get along without them. In fact, we can't get along with them.

You are just wrong.

New Topics

Forum List

Back