Who was it who said Polls do not matter show me the electoral map?

Someone recently said, in response to McCains lead in the polls, that Polls do not matter only the electoral race matters.

At that time of course Obama still had a slight lead in Electoral projections.

What say you now?

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

Well, I have said people get too vaclemp over polls, so maybe you're talking to me Charles. I still say the same thing, it's September, and the debates haven't started yet.

Some people love them because it gives them an idea of what the public is "thinking" at the time the poll was taken. But...............

I still say, after Nov. 5th let's see what the people in the polls say.

I have always said that anything in the 2-point range (a dead heat) is worthless as the machines are hackable without a trace.

If one of the candidates doesn't break away there will be a huge question mark hanging over whatever the result is.

No echo, the person I am referring to Specifically said polls do not matter, only the electoral projections do.

As I said at that time Obama had a slight, but shrinking lead in he Electoral Projections. I simply would like to hear what that person thinks now that McCain is leading in the Electoral projections as well as the polls.

Oh and as for the Debates.

I think you guys are giving Obama way to much credit. He gives one hell of a speach, but when speaking off the cuff he is lacking. I think he will not fair so well in the debates myself. But we shall see.

If Obama loses Penn, he will lose for sure. Democrats should be terrified.

Seriously? I know you weren't talking to me but everything you are posting is simply a PROJECTION. In addition, there are numerous projections all with different outcomes.

The graph below is from the Princeton Education Consortium. In the last presidential election they call the electoral vote to the EXACT number.

If the election was held today, here is how they have it playing out.

EV_histogram_today.png

Electoral Votes:

Obama: 275
McCain: 263

Princeton Election Consortium — A first draft of electoral history

The point of all this?

Let's all quit getting excited about polls and electoral vote projections. We all know it doesn't mean much right now.

We haven't even had debate # 1 yet!

I think Biden, at best, will come across as he always does, arrogant and condescending.

I wonder if it is an upbringing thing. I was raised catholic, so was he, he 'sounds right' to me. Evangelical politicians on the other hand, for all that I respect them, (or in some cases try to at any rate!) hardly ever 'sound' quite right to me (Except Huckabee.) Bush sounded shifty and opportunistic. Palin does a bit too.

It's interesting that you think Biden sounds arrogant! I am going to have to listen for that next time.

I wonder if there is more wiring from our upbringing then we realize, that makes us still a little tribal when it comes to politics. Could be wrong, of course!

I wonder if it is an upbringing thing. I was raised catholic, so was he, he 'sounds right' to me. Evangelical politicians on the other hand, for all that I respect them, (or in some cases try to at any rate!) hardly ever 'sound' quite right to me (Except Huckabee.) Bush sounded shifty and opportunistic. Palin does a bit too.

It's interesting that you think Biden sounds arrogant! I am going to have to listen for that next time.

I wonder if there is more wiring from our upbringing then we realize, that makes us still a little tribal when it comes to politics. Could be wrong, of course!

Now that I live in the deep South, I can understand why some people may think Biden comes across as arrogant or condescending. I've learned down here, even if you are mad at someone, ettitquette requires you to gently admonish them and to try not to get aggravated no matter how ridiculous the arguement.

It actually does make for a pleasant society.

On the flip side of that, however, I was raised by a Italian/Catholic mother who always believed in not mixing words and saying exactly what is on your mind.

I prescribe to this belief and it has gotten me in trouble more than once. :razz:

I never got in trouble for "what I said," I was usually spot on, I got in trouble for "how I said it," which apparantly goes a long way for some. :eusa_whistle:

LiveLeak.com - Joe Biden 'I Think I Have A Much Higher IQ Than You'

If Obama loses Penn, he will lose for sure. Democrats should be terrified.

It's the Palin bounce. Trust me, the map is going to settle back down. Polls are good for about 20 minutes. Have you seen the news lately? Those polls are going right back to where they were before.

VA and PA are in the "toss up" category right now. I predict they will be solid for McCain very soon.

PA going for McCain would be a pretty neat trick considering that state hasn't gone GOP in the last four presidental elections.

PA will be constantly reminded about clinging to guns and religion. :D

they will also be reminded that yesterday the Stock market bottomed out and major corporations are falling and unemployment is at a five year high....

I'm not sure I'd classify PA is a bible belt state my dear...that play better in GA and VA... but good luck with that train of thought...I'm sure it gives you some measure of comfort even if it's not based in any type of reality.

they will also be reminded that yesterday the Stock market bottomed out and major corporations are falling and unemployment is at a five year high....

I'm not sure I'd classify PA is a bible belt state my dear...that play better in GA and VA... but good luck with that train of thought...I'm sure it gives you some measure of comfort even if it's not based in any type of reality.

Wow do you actually know anyone from PA? Ever spend time there? They are just as religious as people in GA and VA, and probably hunt more! :lol:

Wow do you actually know anyone from PA? Ever spend time there? They are just as religious as people in GA and VA, and probably hunt more! :lol:

I actually do know people from PA thanks for asking...

they are religious but they aren't fanatics. and please do explain to me how if PA is so religious and gun happy, they haven't gone GOP is the last four elections, even with Bush in 04 talking about "if you vote for Kerry you will surely die"?

I wait anxiously for your response.

Forum List

Back