• Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • jfk

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • barak obama

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
There was only one great president...
George Washington - he had no blueprint to start the country by, he was the blueprint.
He did not want the job, he saw it as his duty.
And his views are incredibly relevant today on our most important issues such as gun-rights and government overstep.

FDR was the best!

Reagan was the one that destroyed our middle class and flooded our country with the third world. He sucked.

I bet all those Japanese-American CITIZENS he interned during WW II don't think so.

You've destroyed yourself son by thinking the government should do for you what you're too damn lazy to do for yourself. FDR created that mindset and freeloaders like you ran with it.

I agree.

FDR was a great war leader but everything he did as POTUS extended the Great Depression.

The only thing that stopped it was WWII.

Mathew should do a little research on FDR before spouting off at what a great president he was.
But it was FDR gutting the military that allowed the Japanese and Germans to believe declaring war on us was a good move.

Franklin Roosevelt spent the four years of his service cleaning up the goddam miserable mess Hoover left. I lived through it...I'm 81 years old. Take it for granted ass holes today think everything is as simple as learning to use their I Phones.
Building up our military could have helped the economy, as it did in the 80's.
But FDR left our military so weak Japan and Germany thought it was a good idea to declare war on us.

I agree.

FDR was a great war leader but everything he did as POTUS extended the Great Depression.

Mathew should do a little research on FDR before spouting off at what a great president he was.

Maybe you should.

Here's the thing. The Great Depression was a World Wide Depression, and EVERY Country did what FDR did, and that was to greatly expand the reach of government into all aspects of the economy and increase government spending.

Our entry into World War II allowed FDR to do what he really wanted to do all along- Tax the snot out of the rich, spend the money on infrastructure, nationalize key aspects of the economy. The end result of that was an economic boom that lasted until 1970s'.

Even Republican Presidents - Ike, Nixon and Ford- knew well enough to not fuck with this arrangement.

FDR was a worthless piece of shit. Our entry, and not FDR, is what got us out of the Great Depression. Anyone that says otherwise is a fool and hasn't studied history.

only to rightwingnut pond scum who get their info from other rightwingnut pond scum.

He was good only to freeloaders who think someone else should support them.

I wish some of you lousey pricks had been around back in the 30's when men were working in the field 12 hours for $0.75. We'd get a chance to see if you're really as self sustaining as you pretend to be. Hoover made such a goddam mess of the economy that it was over ten years before things really got straightened out.

I agree.

Maybe you should.

Here's the thing. The Great Depression was a World Wide Depression, and EVERY Country did what FDR did, and that was to greatly expand the reach of government into all aspects of the economy and increase government spending.

Our entry into World War II allowed FDR to do what he really wanted to do all along- Tax the snot out of the rich, spend the money on infrastructure, nationalize key aspects of the economy. The end result of that was an economic boom that lasted until 1970s'.

Even Republican Presidents - Ike, Nixon and Ford- knew well enough to not fuck with this arrangement.

FDR was a worthless piece of shit. Our entry, and not FDR, is what got us out of the Great Depression. Anyone that says otherwise is a fool and hasn't studied history.

only to rightwingnut pond scum who get their info from other rightwingnut pond scum.

I wish some of you lousey pricks had been around back in the 30's when men were working in the field 12 hours for $0.75. We'd get a chance to see if you're really as self sustaining as you pretend to be. Hoover made such a goddam mess of the economy that it was over ten years before things really got straightened out.
...and FDR made it worse

I agree.

Maybe you should.

I don't pretend to be self sustaining. I AM self sustaining. Why do you assume everyone needs the government to take care of them?

I agree.

Maybe you should.

How old are you?

FDR was the best!

Reagan was the one that destroyed our middle class and flooded our country with the third world. He sucked.

I bet all those Japanese-American CITIZENS he interned during WW II don't think so.

You've destroyed yourself son by thinking the government should do for you what you're too damn lazy to do for yourself. FDR created that mindset and freeloaders like you ran with it.

I agree.

But it was FDR gutting the military that allowed the Japanese and Germans to believe declaring war on us was a good move.

Franklin Roosevelt spent the four years of his service cleaning up the goddam miserable mess Hoover left. I lived through it...I'm 81 years old. Take it for granted ass holes today think everything is as simple as learning to use their I Phones.
But FDR left our military so weak Japan and Germany thought it was a good idea to declare war on us.
Yet, Republicans mocked his attempts to build up the military in the late 30s and called him a war monger

11248858_672761252857828_971727526_n.jpg

Washington, Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt, Lyndon Baines Johnson. Each accomplished policies that made America a stable place, not a perfect place for sure. Washington established the parameters of president and the importance of government, Lincoln recognized the dignity of all and fought for it, FDR fought both depression and a war and established a system of government that created our golden years, Johnson created healthcare and civil rights that allowed Lincoln's work to continue. President Obama, had he started earlier, when he had congress, could have done much more but the ACA is certainly a great accomplishment.

Worst Presidents Of All Time

Worst Presidents and best for a reason: The 12 Worst Presidents Ranked by Their Inhumanity

The Wonderfulness of Wonderful Me!"

"The unity of Government, which constitutes you one people, is also now dear to you. It is justly so; for it is a main pillar in the edifice of your real independence, the support of your tranquillity at home, your peace abroad; of your safety; of your prosperity; of that very Liberty, which you so highly prize. But as it is easy to foresee, that, from different causes and from different quarters, much pains will be taken, many artifices employed, to weaken in your minds the conviction of this truth; as this is the point in your political fortress against which the batteries of internal and external enemies will be most constantly and actively (though often covertly and insidiously) directed, it is of infinite moment, that you should properly estimate the immense value of your national Union to your collective and individual happiness; that you should cherish a cordial, habitual, and immovable attachment to it; accustoming yourselves to think and speak of it as of the Palladium of your political safety and prosperity; watching for its preservation with jealous anxiety; discountenancing whatever may suggest even a suspicion, that it can in any event be abandoned; and indignantly frowning upon the first dawning of every attempt to alienate any portion of our country from the rest, or to enfeeble the sacred ties which now link together the various parts." Quote DB :: Speeches :: George Washington :: George Washington's Farewell Address Speech

LBJ? "I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years"????

That LBJ???

I agree.

Maybe you should.

Where'd you get your fact you "lousy" dummy?
12 hours x 5 days is 60 hours X $00.75 equals $45/week X 52 weeks equals $2,340!
Dirty 30s - Prices & Wages
Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 12.31.10 PM.png

Maybe you should.

Where'd you get your fact you "lousy" dummy?
12 hours x 5 days is 60 hours X $00.75 equals $45/week X 52 weeks equals $2,340!
Dirty 30s - Prices & Wages
View attachment 60429

That's a higher wage than many doing jobs that required skills.

I agree.

Yet, Republicans mocked his attempts to build up the military in the late 30s and called him a war monger
Both houses were controlled by Dems during FDR's reign. Keep spinning lies.

I agree.

Both houses were controlled by Dems during FDR's reign. Keep spinning lies.

Yup. The Dems controlled Congress for forty years. That's why we have all the social crap we have.

People needing someone to bankroll their lives at the expense of those working.

Forum List

Back