Who wants to go to Dubai?!!

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Briton Jamie Harron faces jail for touching man in Dubai bar

A British man is facing three years in jail in Dubai after touching another man in a bar.

Jamie Harron's legal team claim he briefly made contact with the man to avoid spilling a drink on him.

The incident led to him being arrested for public indecency.

The 27-year-old electrician, from Stirling, has been stuck in the UAE since July after his passport was confiscated by authorities.

He was initially locked up in Al Barsha prison for five days before being released on bail.

Since then he has reportedly been forced to spend more than £30,000 in expenses and legal fees.

The chief executive of Detained in Dubai, Radha Stirling, said: "It is quite outrageous that he has been held in the country for so long already.

"This is another example of how vulnerable tourists are to arrest and detention in Dubai and at how drawn out and disorganised legal proceedings are."

People that go to that shithole are idiots. Do they never learn???

Where are the Antifa protesters? Odd we never hear a peep out of them about actual fascist governments.

Meanwhile..here in the states:

DLjelhAUQAEK2u_.jpg:large

HEAR YE HEAR YE ALL USA RESTAURANTS! Put pork on ALL menus immediately!
Thanks in advance!

Where are the Antifa protesters? Odd we never hear a peep out of them about actual fascist governments.

Do you know whether these people are protesting places like Dubai and Qater?

The US govt seems to get all moral when it comes to Iran, but then ignores their morals when it comes to Saudi Arabia, for example.

The US govt seems to get all moral when it comes to Iran, but then ignores their morals when it comes to Saudi Arabia, for example.

I agree. We should keep all Muslim countries isolated and let them kill each other off.

Briton Jamie Harron faces jail for touching man in Dubai bar

A British man is facing three years in jail in Dubai after touching another man in a bar.

Jamie Harron's legal team claim he briefly made contact with the man to avoid spilling a drink on him.

The incident led to him being arrested for public indecency.

The 27-year-old electrician, from Stirling, has been stuck in the UAE since July after his passport was confiscated by authorities.

He was initially locked up in Al Barsha prison for five days before being released on bail.

Since then he has reportedly been forced to spend more than £30,000 in expenses and legal fees.

The chief executive of Detained in Dubai, Radha Stirling, said: "It is quite outrageous that he has been held in the country for so long already.

"This is another example of how vulnerable tourists are to arrest and detention in Dubai and at how drawn out and disorganised legal proceedings are."

People that go to that shithole are idiots. Do they never learn???

I would need a little more information. Did he grab the guys nuts, and pretend he almost spilled a drink? I suspect a little exaggeration if the incident on both sides.

I'm confused. A bar, a drink. Isn't this forbidden? If not, then some unintended brushing of the clothes shouldn't be prison worthy.

Certain countries I will not go to regardless, and for just such reasons. If that's the law they have on the books, well you can keep it.

They certainly don't dare protest in those countries as they would get shot. As far as them protesting those countries from elsewhere I have not heard of them doing so.

I am confused by the report as well. Arrested for indecent exposure..does that mean swimming in the pool? Then why have a pool? Intoxication? But..but..he was at a bar. Where booze is served.

Methinks Dubai just wanted to be dicks.

From what I have seen, this place is apple pie compared to that mess over there DF. And it IS a HUGE mess. Yuck. Good luck, cuz methinks yer gonna need it.

They certainly don't dare protest in those countries as they would get shot. As far as them protesting those countries from elsewhere I have not heard of them doing so.
People do protest and they dont get shot.You just dont see it on Fox.

As someone who use to go to Dubai often for weekend vacations, Dubai is one of the liberal cities in the middle east. I'm sure the the man's touching was much more serious then just a simple touch.

Some these expats (especially the white ones) have a tendency to make up things when they caught because they know the western conservative media will eat it up just like you are.

I'm confused. A bar, a drink. Isn't this forbidden? If not, then some unintended brushing of the clothes shouldn't be prison worthy.

Certain countries I will not go to regardless, and for just such reasons. If that's the law they have on the books, well you can keep it.

There are plenty of bars in Dubai. They don't call it the Vegas of the middle east for nothing.

I agree. We should keep all Muslim countries isolated and let them kill each other off.

I don't think isolation would work, but not giving power to the Saudis would help.

But then Trump went to Saudi Arabia and made it perfectly clear where he stands, and then a few days later the Saudis embargoed Qatar, not for Human Rights abuses, in fact the exact OPPOSITE. Because Qatar was being too liberal and too demanding change. Yes, that's what Trump managed to do in the Middle East.

People do protest and they dont get shot.You just dont see it on Fox.

Just remember that for some people, if they don't see it on TV, it didn't ever happen.

I don't see Dubai and Qatar doing things that would destabilize entire sections of the world, which would warrant our government speaking out against them.

That said... I've seen a number of different articles, about US citizens being stuck in a number of countries around the world, being held for crazy bonkers reasons.

This particular event seems a little more odd than usual, but given how many millions go to Dubai on a regular basis, without problem.... I think it's more of a one-off than a systematic failure of cultural proportions.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But I'm not sure I'd make such dramatic conclusions from a specific event.

Forum List

Back