who wants Lasanga?

We don't do lasagna for Thanksgiving (Trajan's looks DELISH!) - but we do make a ginormous pan of Chicken Tetrazzini for Christmas Eve Dinner.
thank you!

you know, I have been looking for something different...we do lasagna and Turkey on thanksgiving ( a family members brings any old ham), lamb is for Easter strictly...Christmas has been a fresh ham and stuffed shells or Manicotti, its getting tired.

THAT sounds very good, I love cooking and can do white sauces, I am in. This year, Chicken Tetrazzini for x mas. I'll make 3 trays...wtheck.

got a recipe you are willing to share? :eusa_shhh:

Here you go:

CHICKEN TETRAZZINI

Roasting Pan: 18" by 14" by 3 3/4" ( preferaby with handles)

Whole Chickens 16 to 18 lbs. Stew: Water to cover (1 T, salt, onion, peppercorns )

1 1/2 llbs. spaghetti 1 1/2 gal. water, 2 T. Salt , undercook

SAUCE: use 4 qt. saucepan:

9 T. Butter
3/4 C. flour
1 1/2 T. Salt
1/4 + 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
3/4 tsp paprika

5 1/4 C. Broth
3/4 C. Sherry
1 1/2 C. Half 'n' Half

Mix the dry ingredients together, melt butter, add dry ingredients. Cook while stirring, then gradually add the liquids (which have been mixed together). Stir constanltlly until mixture bubbles, then reduce heat and cook for 5 min.

SAUTE: for 5 min. in large saute or frying pan:

3 T. Butter
1 1/2 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 lbs. sliced mushrooms
3 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 onion finely minced

Skin and shred the chicken into somewhat large pieces. Combine the sauce with the sauted vegetables and the chicken.

Place cooked pasta in a large pan (roasting pan will do). Use less than what was cooked. Maybe 1 1/4 lb. or 1 1/3 lb.

Add the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with grated PARMESAN CHEESE. 1/2 C. or more.

Bake at 350 degrees in a pre-heated oven until it is bubbly. Can be kept in a low oven ( 180 to 200) for a an hour or more and then raise tempt to 350). Cover pan loosely with heavy duty foil if you do that. Let sit for 1/2 hour after removing from oven.

Advice: make more sauce, and use more Parmesan Cheese. And don't use too much spaghetti - a higher ratio of sauce & chicken to pasta is better.

Last edited:
my mother is Italian born, we always had Lasagna on Christmas....but not on thanksgiving???

We don't do lasagna for Thanksgiving (Trajan's looks DELISH!) - but we do make a ginormous pan of Chicken Tetrazzini for Christmas Eve Dinner.
thank you!

you know, I have been looking for something different...we do lasagna and Turkey on thanksgiving ( a family members brings any old ham), lamb is for Easter strictly...Christmas has been a fresh ham and stuffed shells or Manicotti, its getting tired.

THAT sounds very good, I love cooking and can do white sauces, I am in. This year, Chicken Tetrazzini for x mas. I'll make 3 trays...wtheck.

got a recipe you are willing to share? :eusa_shhh:

Here you go:

CHICKEN TETRAZZINI

Roasting Pan: 18" by 14" by 3 3/4" ( preferaby with handles)

Chicken 16 to 18 lbs. Stew: Water to cover (1 T, salt, onion, peppercorns )

1 1/2 llbs. spaghetti 1 1/2 gal. water, 2 T. Salt , undercook

SAUCE: use 4 qt. saucepan:

9 T. Butter
3/4 C. flour
1 1/2 T. Salt
1/4 + 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
3/4 tsp paprika

5 1/4 C. Broth
3/4 C. Sherry
1 1/2 C. Half 'n' Half

Mix the dry ingredients together, melt butter, add dry ingredients. Cook while stirring, then gradually add the liquids (which have been mixed together). Stir constanltlly until mixture bubbles, then reduce heat and cook for 5 min.

SAUTE: for 5 min. in large saute or frying pan:

3 T. Butter
1 1/2 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 lbs. sliced mushrooms
3 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 onion finely minced

Skin and shred the chicken into somewhat large pieces. Combine the sauce with the sauted vegetables and the chicken.

Place cooked pasta in a large pan (roasting pan will do). Use less than what was cooked. Maybe 1 1/4 lb. or 1 1/3 lb.

Add the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with grated PARMESAN CHEESE. 1/2 C. or more.

Bake at 350 degrees in a pre-heated oven until it is bubbly. Can be kept in a low oven ( 180 to 200) for a an hour or more and then raise tempt to 350). Cover pan loosely with heavy duty foil if you do that. Let sit for 1/2 hour after removing from oven.

Advice: make more sauce, and use more Parmesan Cheese. And don't use too much spaghetti - a higher ratio of sauce & chicken to pasta is better.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to boedicca again.

I just printed it out..thank you. :)

disclamier;
any lack of taste, awfulness and/or violent emesis is based on the recipe and wholly yours. :lol:

my mother is Italian born,

I knew there was a reason I liked you!!!

we always had Lasagna on Christmas....but not on thanksgiving???

I used to like you....

:lol:

:rofl::rofl:

well, to add another hair pin turn, when my italian grandparents were alive, we had lasagna on thanksgiving, along with a turkey! Now that they have passed on, the lasagna is on Christmas, with Prime Rib roast....if i am visiting my parents...

:banghead:

Why did I read this thread!

Im stuck at work, and cant go get lunch for an hour or so

Im hungry!!!!!

That looks good Trajan!

I used to like you....

well, to add another hair pin turn, when my italian grandparents were alive, we had lasagna on thanksgiving, along with a turkey! Now that they have passed on, the lasagna is on Christmas, with Prime Rib roast....if i am visiting my parents...

Prime Rib roast is what we have for Christmas...and by God we splurge...I'm talkin' the kind that costs $70-$80

I used to like you....

Prime Rib roast is what we have for Christmas...and by God we splurge...I'm talkin' the kind that costs $70-$80

Same here, as I said, Christmas dinner is 'easy' to cook. Easy usually equates with expensive. ;) Good meat; simple, classic sides. Collection of desserts, but always one that's elegant looking. My tears come that I spend more on appetizer fixings than even on the Prime Rib. I always make people bring the booze. :lol:

I used to like you....

alls forgiven...I guess.

Hell yeah...Lasagne...good stuff.

You got bacon in there...right?

neg. repped for horrible wingnut taste ....bacon???:puke:

I am going to pretend I didn't read this. :eusa_whistle:

odd.
You don't make your Lasagna from a bolognese base?
I don't take you for a veggie based lasagna...

yes. I don't use bacon, I make a semi-chunky sauce for lasagna specifically. The meat flavor comes from the sausage I put in, the leavings I stew in along with meatballs that have been made whole, cooked over half way, then chppoed up.

I make a bolgnese with celery, carrots, onion..meats are 2/3 - 80/20 Ground Beef, 1/3 pork sausage and..oh..2-3 strips of bacon chopped into small pieces.

Forum List

Back