who wants Lasanga?

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
made 3 trays for thanksgiving, I'll leave one out for you kids:eusa_angel:....

but clean up after yourselves!! I aint yo momma.....:evil:

Attachments

• $lasanga.jpg
    $lasanga.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 87
made 3 trays for thanksgiving, I'll leave one out for you kids:eusa_angel:....

but clean up after yourselves!! I aint yo momma.....:evil:

That looks so good! There are times I wish I'd an Italian mama, Irish moms are not the best cooks. :lol: We don't have lasagna at Thanksgiving, but I've always done baked mostaccioli for Christmas Eve.

I always made lasagne for Thanksgiving. One traditional, one meatless, one white.

Now it's a family feud over schedules for two weeks prior, then packing up the kiddos and the pies and doing the carefully orchestrated tour of three different houses and turkeys. And none of us really even like turkey. *sigh*

For a long time we bounced between Clam Chowder and Spaghetti for thanksgiving.

Unless you are really good at poultry, Turkey is a turkey.

but hot soup on a cold day is da bomb.

I make a lot of homemade soup in the fall and winter. There's just something about having that big pot simmering on the stove for hours, and of course I stock the freezer with it so there's always a quick homemade meal.

I think my kids would feel ripped off with regular old spaghetti for a holiday, otherwise that sounds like a great idea. :lol:

I love turkey and all the trimmings. Luckily it's something my mom did very well. Now my SIL's mom does, but it's the same except for the dressing. We have the 'Norman Rockwell' sort of Thanksgiving, always have.

Turkey
ham
2 types of dressing: one sausage, one oyster
usually 3 types of potato dishes
4 or more types of types of veggies
at least 5 types of salads
lots of condiments, from olives to cranapples
gravy, with and without giblets
several types of breads
too many desserts, but always pumpkin and pecan pies included

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners, very different.

That looks really, really good! My brother's first wife was Italian and they always did lasagna on Thanksgiving. Fish too (maybe that was Christmas?)

We have turkey once a year. The hubs is one of 7 kids and they had turkey much more frequently cause it fed everyone. Hence, the hubs is not a fan of turkey. <sigh>

My favorite thing about turkey at all the trimmings? Leftovers!

I always made lasagne for Thanksgiving. One traditional, one meatless, one white.

Now it's a family feud over schedules for two weeks prior, then packing up the kiddos and the pies and doing the carefully orchestrated tour of three different houses and turkeys. And none of us really even like turkey. *sigh*

I hear that, thats why make the lasagna....turkey is, well turkey...:eusa_shhh:

my cousin makes the ham, we do the turkey to if its at our house, which it is....

I hear that, thats why make the lasagna....turkey is, well turkey...:eusa_shhh:

my cousin makes the ham, we do the turkey to if its at our house, which it is....

Turkey is....a week of leftovers nobody "really" wants to eat the second time around either. Some of the traditional fixin's are good, but I can make those anytime.

Lasagne's so much easier, too. Prep it ahead, pop it in the oven, pour yourself a glass of your beverage of choice, watch football and actually enjoy your company till it's time to pull it out and make the salad.

Now that's a holiday.

We don't do lasagna for Thanksgiving (Trajan's looks DELISH!) - but we do make a ginormous pan of Chicken Tetrazzini for Christmas Eve Dinner.

We don't do lasagna for Thanksgiving (Trajan's looks DELISH!) - but we do make a ginormous pan of Chicken Tetrazzini for Christmas Eve Dinner.

Oh that sounds awesome! I may take that under consideration!

It is faboo!

It's been a family tradition for ages.

My folks used to make it, but Mr. Boe and I took over the "duty" a few years ago. We quadruple the recipe and cook it in the turkey roasting pan.

Last edited:
thank you!

you know, I have been looking for something different...we do lasagna and Turkey on thanksgiving ( a family members brings any old ham), lamb is for Easter strictly...Christmas has been a fresh ham and stuffed shells or Manicotti, its getting tired.

THAT sounds very good, I love cooking and can do white sauces, I am in. This year, Chicken Tetrazzini for x mas. I'll make 3 trays...wtheck.

got a recipe you are willing to share? :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back