Who wants it more?

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Barack Obama carried on Tuesday with an outdoor rally at Widener University, outside Philadelphia, despite a cold, steady rain that made the temperature feel freezing.

About 9,000 people came out to hear the presidential contender. They stood in mud.

"I just want all of you to know that if we see this kind of dedication on Election Day, there is no way that we're not going to bring change to America," Obama told the shivering crowd.

The weather was so miserable that Obama's rival, Republican John McCain, canceled a rally 50 miles north in Quakertown — hardly insignificant, given the dwindling campaign time.

Even Major League Baseball suspended the fifth game of the World Series in Philadelphia because of the same wet conditions Monday night, a first in the history of the baseball championship.

Gone were Obama's suit and tie. He wore jeans, sneakers and a waterproof raincoat. Still, shunning an umbrella, he got soaked. Obama later changed clothes before resuming his events.

The Associated Press: Obama campaigns near Phila. despite bad weather

CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Barack Obama carried on Tuesday with an outdoor rally at Widener University, outside Philadelphia, despite a cold, steady rain that made the temperature feel freezing.

About 9,000 people came out to hear the presidential contender. They stood in mud.

"I just want all of you to know that if we see this kind of dedication on Election Day, there is no way that we're not going to bring change to America," Obama told the shivering crowd.

The weather was so miserable that Obama's rival, Republican John McCain, canceled a rally 50 miles north in Quakertown — hardly insignificant, given the dwindling campaign time.

Even Major League Baseball suspended the fifth game of the World Series in Philadelphia because of the same wet conditions Monday night, a first in the history of the baseball championship.

Gone were Obama's suit and tie. He wore jeans, sneakers and a waterproof raincoat. Still, shunning an umbrella, he got soaked. Obama later changed clothes before resuming his events.

The Associated Press: Obama campaigns near Phila. despite bad weather

:thup: for Obama! :)

:eusa_naughty: for Sarah - clothes do not make the man and/or the woman! :eusa_naughty:

William Henry Harrison (1841), the ninth President, died of pneumonia one month to the day after making—in the snow—the longest U.S. presidential inauguration speech on record.

William Henry Harrison (1841), the ninth President, died of pneumonia one month to the day after making—in the snow—the longest U.S. presidential inauguration speech on record.

But before he had been in office a month, he caught a cold that developed into pneumonia. On April 4, 1841, he died
People die from pneumonia ... people work and live in the rain and snow every winter of their life. Your point is?

People die from pneumonia ... people work and live in the rain and snow every winter of their life. Your point is?

I don't really think they had too much in the way of medical technology back then. Today if your toe hurts you can just call house md who will psycho-analyze you and find an infection in your lungs that he'll clear up and save your life.

Harrison caught a cold from giving a long speech in the bitter cold with no overcoat.

I hope Obama takes care of himself.

I thought he was the messiah/anti-christ, couldn't he just stop the rain? Oh wait, he just wanted a big puddle so he can demonstrate his water walking abilities.

Forum List

Back