Who told Bernake it was the Fed's authority to create jobs?

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Or do anything besides stabilizing the currency and the money supply?

Does this fucker think he works for Obama, too?

Bernanke: Fed Program Could Help Create 1 Million Jobs

The Federal Reserve's efforts to stimulate the economy could lead to the creation of as many as 1 million jobs, Fed chairman Ben Bernanke said, according to Senator Richard Shelby (R - Alabama), Bloomberg reports.

The quantitative easing program, in which the Fed will buy up to $600 billion of U.S. government debt from clients including the nation's biggest banks, has come under fire in recent weeks, as government figures and civilians have subjected the Fed to an unusual amount of criticism.

This week, Republican leaders in Congress said they wanted to strip the Fed of its goal of fostering "maximum employment," leaving it with only its responsibility to oversee "price stability."

It's well known.

Today, the Federal Reserve's duties fall into four general areas:

* conducting the nation's monetary policy by influencing the monetary and credit conditions in the economy in pursuit of maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates
* supervising and regulating banking institutions to ensure the safety and soundness of the nation's banking and financial system and to protect the credit rights of consumers
* maintaining the stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk that may arise in financial markets
* providing financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign official institutions, including playing a major role in operating the nation's payments system

FRB: Mission

Toro, from your link:

Last update: November 6, 2009

This is new, the OP has a real point. The Fed's responsibilities have been in flux since the recession began and overhaul of financial regulations have been underway.

But previously the Fed had been tasked with maintaining "full employment" at around 5% unemployment as a very tertiary responsibility. One that they had likely never addressed publicly until 2009.

The Feds are supposed to secure the border too, see how well that's working out? Welldoyahuh?

:eusa_eh:

Toro, from your link:

This is new, the OP has a real point. The Fed's responsibilities have been in flux since the recession began and overhaul of financial regulations have been underway.

But previously the Fed had been tasked with maintaining "full employment" at around 5% unemployment as a very tertiary responsibility. One that they had likely never addressed publicly until 2009.

That is the mandate of the Fed as defined by law. Maximum employment was included in the late 1970s. It hasn't changed since.

Toro, from your link:

That is the mandate of the Fed as defined by law. Maximum employment was included in the late 1970s. It hasn't changed since.

OK, Toro as of 1946 or 1978 depending on your interpretation of the applicable laws:

Humphrey?Hawkins Full Employment Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the heads up, you appear to be correct.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought Carter gave them that mission.

In any truly free and educated society, the Fed would have been burned to the ground

I am now ok with the Fed doing all it can to stimulate employment & monetize debt. Of course I have a large pile of gold & silver in my safe, 4 houses & 1/4 owner of a 1,000 acre farm. So I say print to your hearts content. Feed the poor & give them health-care, jobs & retirement. Hell I may even start voting Democrat. :puke: oh hell that did not taste right :alcoholic:

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought Carter gave them that mission.

In any truly free and educated society, the Fed would have been burned to the ground

With great zeal. The Founders failed to give centralized Banking authority to the Federal Government for a reason...and along comes 1913 and that stupid fuck WOODROW WILSON...that gave the POTUS more power than the POTUS deserves or needs for the good of the Republic.

I am now ok with the Fed doing all it can to stimulate employment & monetize debt. Of course I have a large pile of gold & silver in my safe, 4 houses & 1/4 owner of a 1,000 acre farm. So I say print to your hearts content. Feed the poor & give them health-care, jobs & retirement. Hell I may even start voting Democrat. :puke: oh hell that did not taste right :alcoholic:

Tongue-In-Cheek...right?

It's well known.

Today, the Federal Reserve's duties fall into four general areas:

* conducting the nation's monetary policy by influencing the monetary and credit conditions in the economy in pursuit of maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates
* supervising and regulating banking institutions to ensure the safety and soundness of the nation's banking and financial system and to protect the credit rights of consumers
* maintaining the stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk that may arise in financial markets
* providing financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign official institutions, including playing a major role in operating the nation's payments system

FRB: Mission

And it's something that the Founders omitted for a reason. The FED Reserve should have never been. It only gave the Federal Government more power.

It should be abolished.

QE2 Meddling really has the Chinese, and the EU pissed...And a reason Obama came home from his G20 trip virtually empty handed...and the American people were left embarrassed.

If you can't beat em join em. Buy Gold & rest easy.

QE2 Meddling really has the Chinese, and the EU pissed...And a reason Obama came home from his G20 trip virtually empty handed...and the American people were left embarrassed.

If you can't beat em join em. Buy Gold & rest easy.
That is until Government makes it illegal...don't laugh...My portfolio contains enough of it...

It all comes down to one problem, taxes, without taxes they would not be printing money, who gave us income tax, property tax, death tax, who gave us all the fees.

Did all these taxes come before or after the Fed.

Until people become obsessed with high taxes, which we have, nothing else can be fixed.

Silver, too much in Mexico, seems like a guy who owned the Ducks lost a fortune on silver.

The price of Gold and Silver can fall faster than the price of houses. The tax can be raised at a whim. Farms can be taken under eminent domain

Last edited:

Forum List

Back