Who thinks Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged with manslaughter?

Should Zimmerman have been arrested and charged with manslaughter?

• yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • no

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Instead of all this debate--with a little more information that is starting to come out of the this investigation.

(CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - The lead investigator probing the deadly shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin wanted neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman arrested and charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting, ABC News reports.

Investigator Chris Serino of the Sanford, Fla. Police Department wanted the 28-year-old Zimmerman behind bars, but the state Attorney's Office said there was not enough evidence to lead to a conviction, sources told ABC.

The New York Daily News reports Serino was uncertain of Zimmerman's account of how the Feb. 26 incident with Martin played out.

Police brought Zimmerman into the station for questioning for a few hours on the night of the shooting, said Zimmerman's attorney, even though he had requested medical attention first.

The police report noted Zimmerman was "bleeding from the nose and the back of the head."

CBS News reports that the next day, detectives re-enacted the shooting with Zimmerman at the scene. They also discovered Zimmerman had two prior arrests: one for assaulting a cop, the other for domestic abuse.

For the next two weeks, lead investigator Serino pursued a manslaughter charge against Zimmerman.
Trayvon Martin lead investigator wanted George Zimmerman arrested the night of the fatal shooting - Crimesider - CBS News

I voted yes--As I believe Zimmerman being told by the police dispatcher to not pursue Martin- which-was in violation of the Florida-- Stand your Ground law--and at a minimum--Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged immediately with reckless manslaughter for violating that law.

Your vote and your thoughts?

Last edited:
I wonder if Martin's last thoughts were:

I picked the wrong guy.

I wonder if Zimmerman's thoughts while he was getting his head pounded were:

Why did I get myself into this situation ?

Last edited:
I voted no and will stand by that until all the facts are out. If there was enough evidence to arrest him, he would be in jail.

That was in the old days, when we had due process and trial by jury. Apparently, Obama has opted for a more streamlined, less bureaucratic system - similar to American Idol... now, the media tell us who's done what to who and we get to vote on it. Cool, huh?

Obviously an Investigation was done, even though people like Jillian claim otherwise as well as the news. There was not enough evidence at the time to prosecute, I doubt any more has suddenly appeared. He is supported in his story by at least 2 eyewitnesses, the EMTs and the cops on the scene.

Any trial now is just a public relations political gimmick and I doubt any fairness will be exhibited in it. The left and the press along with the President have convicted this man without due process or even the facts.

I voted "no". This is the kind of thing the Stand Your Ground law was created for, to protect people who shoot in self-defense.

BTW, Zimmerman was not ordered not to follow and the Stand You Ground law isn't violated just because someone follows another. Besides, it was the African who approached Zimmerman and then started beating him.

Zimmerman was arrested.

Note the cuffs in the video. That proves he had been arrested.

What is interesting is that, under Florida law, one cannot be UN-arrested. Therefore, it was illegal for the cops to let him go.

Another important point is that, under Florida law, if he is not re-arrested (assuming he was UN-arrested) within 175 days, he goes free and can never be charged again for the same crime.

I voted "no". This is the kind of thing the Stand Your Ground law was created for, to protect people who shoot in self-defense.

BTW, Zimmerman was not ordered not to follow and the Stand You Ground law isn't violated just because someone follows another. Besides, it was the African who approached Zimmerman and then started beating him.

BS.

The License To Kill Law, aka, Stand Your Ground Law gave Martin the right to DEFEND HIMSELF. He did but, in spite of what the idiots and racists say, his candy and tea was no match against a gun.

By all accounts, even the really sadly twisted and constantly changing stories by Zimmerman's father and brother, Zimmerman followed the African-AMERICAN CITIZEN and then shot him. You trying to say the kid followed Zimmerman is pretty silly considering we have Zimmerman's own words saying HE FOLLOWED MARTIN.

We will surely never know what really happened in between the time that Zimmerman was very clearly told not to follow him.

Zimmerman was arrested.

What is interesting is that, under Florida law, one cannot be UN-arrested. Therefore, it was illegal for the cops to let him go.

Another important point is that, under Florida law, if he is not re-arrested (assuming he was UN-arrested) within 175 days, he goes free and can never be charged again for the same crime.
He was not arrested.

Zimmerman was arrested.

What the hell are you talking about?

I voted yes--As I believe Zimmerman being told by the police dispatcher to not pursue Martin- which-was in violation of the Florida-- Stand your Ground law--and at a minimum--Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged immediately with reckless manslaughter for violating that law.

Your vote and your thoughts?

That Zimmerman wasn’t arrested immediately following the incident bodes well for those who believe he committed a crime, as a too hasty arrest might have jeopardized a successful prosecution.

Zimmerman isn’t going anywhere, the police know exactly where he is.

It is a fact of law that Zimmerman is currently innocent of any crime until proven guilty. It is further incumbent upon law enforcement and prosecutors to move against a citizen with the eventual goal of taking away his freedom only when warranted by sufficient evidence and the law, determined lacking the night of the shooting.

It is incorrect to infer that the police gave Zimmerman a ‘pass’ with regard to any alleged crimes, that they were ‘incompetent,’ or that law enforcement or the prosecutors were somehow ‘racist.’

Now a proper, thorough, comprehensive investigation can be conducted, to the satisfaction of all.

If Zimmerman is eventually arrested it should be as a consequence of the law, not politics.

Tapes of the police telling Zimmerman to stop following this kid apparently enough evidence for these zany right wingers. Stand your ground refers to the person being chased, NOT the person doing the chasing brandishing a nine millimeter handgun.

Oh wait, the kid is black. That makes all the difference. There is nothing else it could be. Republicans think they are "America's executioners".

I voted YES. Then, I looked at the poll results, out of curiosity. 3 say yes, 8 say NO. Zimmerman killed an innocent unarmed person for the flimsiest of reasons. Yes, what Zimmerman did was manslaughter. At bare minimum . Forget the " race card" dog and pony show Al Sharpton loves to hype.

I voted no and will stand by that until all the facts are out. If there was enough evidence to arrest him, he would be in jail.

That was in the old days, when we had due process and trial by jury. Apparently, Obama has opted for a more streamlined, less bureaucratic system - similar to American Idol... now, the media tell us who's done what to who and we get to vote on it. Cool, huh?

I have to admit that if I were George Zimmerman, I would be leaving the country. Thanks to the NDAA Mr. Zimmerman could be declared a terrorist at 8 pm Eastern Time tonight and dead by midnight.

And no, luddley, the cuffs are not proof of an arrest. They are proof that Mr. Zimmerman was detained for questioning. One need not be arrested to be placed in handcuffs... hm, I wonder if that line will work on my wife? I'll have to give it a try.

Immie

Zimmerman was arrested.

Luddly, he was not held in custody, thus the 6 months doesn't apply.

Forum List

Back