Who thinks tomorrow (Thurs) is gonna be looooong day for The ONE?

Tomorrow is likely to see the House vote out a contempt citation against the President's albatross, Attorney General Holder.

Tomorrow is likely to see the SCOTUS issue its decision on the fate of ObamaCare.

What else is gonna go wrong for The ONE, tomorrow I wonder?
Who enforces a contempt citation against the AG, counselor? :lol:

3 guesses. :)

The ACA will be ruled Constitutional.

Long days can be great days!

If partisan politics rules the day, then nobody enforces or even seeks to enforce the Contempt citation. And YOU applaud that.

Pity.

On the other hand, if the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia refuse to present the matter to the Grand Jury, Congress COULD appoint a special prosecutor (maybe) OR they could proceed via an impeachment proceeding. Unlikely? Of course. But you applaud that too. Again, a pity.

It IS possible that the SCOTUS will uphold the clusterfuck ObamaCare crap. But it is not likely.

So what do you believe the contempt citation will be for? Lying? No. Not showing up before Congress? No. Being a Democrat? Yes.

What is the reason in your opinion?

If partisan politics rules the day, then nobody enforces or even seeks to enforce the Contempt citation. And YOU applaud that.

Pity.

On the other hand, if the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia refuse to present the matter to the Grand Jury, Congress COULD appoint a special prosecutor (maybe) OR they could proceed via an impeachment proceeding. Unlikely? Of course. But you applaud that too. Again, a pity.

It IS possible that the SCOTUS will uphold the clusterfuck ObamaCare crap. But it is not likely.

So what do you believe the contempt citation will be for? Lying? No. Not showing up before Congress? No. Being a Democrat? Yes.

For being a bad witness.

Pity.

For being a bad witness.
:lol:

Pity.

For being a bad witness.

You mean by not immediately opening his mouth and letting Issa piss in it? Yeah, I'll go with that.

:)

Pity.

WTF are you babbling about. The Committee already voted for the contempt citation for the refusal to produce the documents demanded by subpoena.

The House will probably also vote to hold this disgraceful AG in contempt for that same refusal to comply with the Congressional subpoena.

And the bogus claim of Exec. Priv. will get pissed on in the process. That's why the matter will have to get referred to the U.S. Attorney -- who unfortunately is a subordinate of the contemnor. So it may require a special prosecutor or the old fashioned self help remedy whereby the Congress has the Sgt. at Arms arrest and detain the contemnor. That would be cool.

CaféAuLait;5525589 said:
Tomorrow is likely to see the House vote out a contempt citation against the President's albatross, Attorney General Holder.

Tomorrow is likely to see the SCOTUS issue its decision on the fate of ObamaCare.

It could be good or bad, I am worried about Robert's decision on the Arizona bill, he very well could back the HC bill.

If he votes like he did for the Arizona bill, he will have lost any credibility and I for one will never trust him again.

“I was a constitutional law professor, which means, unlike the current president, I actually respect the Constitution.” - Barack Insane Obama, 2008

:lol:

My dog has more respect for the Constitution than Obama does. She only pees on papers. He's wiped his ass on the Constitution.

I sort of hope it stays intact just to piss off people who call the President "The ONE".

You know, I don't think the President is all that worried. He's got health insurance. For life.

If "Obamacare" stands, he gets to say, "Hey! Look what I did!" If it goes down, he gets to say, "Hey! Look what they did!"

I was never convinced the plan was anything more than something he could point to as a part of his legacy. It was controversial from the start, he knew it, we knew it, it was no secret.

Let's be honest, parts of it are really good. I'm tickled pink I can keep my kid on my insurance even if she's not in school. Pre-existing? Fuck yeah it should be covered. Seems to me the only part that sucks is the mandate. Fined if you don't buy insurance? Come on...

As for Holder, think Oliver North.

CaféAuLait;5525589 said:

It could be good or bad, I am worried about Robert's decision on the Arizona bill, he very well could back the HC bill.

Ex-AG: John Roberts might punt on Supreme Court health care case - POLITICO.com

Former Attorney General and former White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales said Wednesday Chief Justice John Roberts may try to avoid the constitutional issues in the fight over President Barack Obama's health care law and vote to allow the individual mandate in the law to take effect before the courts issue a definitive ruling on it.

whether or not Roberts is perceived as a true Chief Justice may also be a reason for his decision.

and after the lame contempt vote in the Tea Party House - it will be sent to the Senate for resolution ???

You know, I don't think the President is all that worried. He's got health insurance. For life.

If "Obamacare" stands, he gets to say, "Hey! Look what I did!" If it goes down, he gets to say, "Hey! Look what they did!"

I was never convinced the plan was anything more than something he could point to as a part of his legacy. It was controversial from the start, he knew it, we knew it, it was no secret.

Let's be honest, parts of it are really good. I'm tickled pink I can keep my kid on my insurance even if she's not in school. Pre-existing? Fuck yeah it should be covered. Seems to me the only part that sucks is the mandate. Fined if you don't buy insurance? Come on...

As for Holder, think Oliver North.

Without the mandate to expand the member pool, the pre-existing part wouldn't be workable.

I wonder if the Congress can withdraw their confirmation of Holder and remove him from office?

I think I'll go look into that. After all, he only holds the office at the good will of the Congress.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcTGzxM_3IM&feature=player_embedded]Issa on Holder's Knowledge of Fast and Furious - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back