Who thinks tomorrow (Thurs) is gonna be looooong day for The ONE?

This is obviously my fault. I'm trying to discuss this with people who are not honest enough to admit what is put in front of them in black and white.

What you posted says that the government will not throw you in jail or seize your property for failing to pay the tax they impose on you if you choose not to purchase health insurance.

There is still a penalty ... the tax that they impose on you if you fail to purchase health insurance.
OK, follow that logic: what happens if you don't pay the tax?

Already answered in a previous post:

Will the IRS enforce the collection of said tax penalty? I don't know.

As far as I know the only thing the IRS can do is keep part of your refund. But not everyone gets a refund. Will they garnish wages or does that fall under 'seizing property'?

If they can't or don't collect that tax, there goes all that money uncle was counting on coming into the system to help offset costs. Ooops.

Last edited:
What you posted says that the government will not throw you in jail or seize your property for failing to pay the tax they impose on you if you choose not to purchase health insurance.

There is still a penalty ... the tax that they impose on you if you fail to purchase health insurance.

As far as I know the only thing the IRS can do is keep part of your refund. But not everyone gets a refund. Will they garnish wages or does that fall under 'seizing property'?

If they can't or don't collect that tax, there goes all that money uncle was counting on coming into the system to help offset costs. Ooops.
I'll make this real simple for you and Liability:

There is NO enforcement mechanism in the bill for collecting the fine, if you do not comply with the mandate.

Got it? I could write it in crayon, if you would like....

There is NO enforcement mechanism in the bill for collecting the fine, if you do not comply with the mandate.

Their minds are closed to the facts. It’s really pointless to try.

That's what I posted.

So they wrote the bill knowing that they can't enforce collecting the monies but count on those monies ($54B over 8 years according to the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation) to help with costs. Is that Dem math at work or just plain stupidity?

That's what I posted.

So they wrote the bill knowing that they can't enforce collecting the monies but count on those monies ($54B over 8 years according to the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation) to help with costs. Is that Dem math at work or just plain stupidity?

I think the plan is for the roughly 1% of the population that would be affected by the mandate to actually buy insurance.

That's what I posted.

I think the plan is for the roughly 1% of the population that would be affected by the mandate to actually buy insurance.

And if they don't? No money from that tax/penalty coming in.

Bottom line: Notwithstanding the nutty Internet rumors that the IRS is hiring 20,000 revenue agents to collect the tax, most people who really want to game the system will probably get away with it.

Of course, this creates a big problem. The law requires insurance companies to sell to all comers regardless of pre-existing medical conditions. But if the tax fails to encourage healthy people to buy until they need coverage, the rest of us will end up paying higher insurance premiums as a result.

Obamacare: Tax Or Penalty? Call It What You Want, But IRS Won't Be Able To Collect It - Forbes

Great job there, Dems.

That's what I posted.

And if they don't? No money from that tax/penalty coming in.

Bottom line: Notwithstanding the nutty Internet rumors that the IRS is hiring 20,000 revenue agents to collect the tax, most people who really want to game the system will probably get away with it.

Of course, this creates a big problem. The law requires insurance companies to sell to all comers regardless of pre-existing medical conditions. But if the tax fails to encourage healthy people to buy until they need coverage, the rest of us will end up paying higher insurance premiums as a result.

Obamacare: Tax Or Penalty? Call It What You Want, But IRS Won't Be Able To Collect It - Forbes

Great job there, Dems.

They may be hapless schmoes, but they did finally manage to pass a massive tax increase with no tax increase collection capability.

Until they fuck it up by fixing their "mistake."

Fucking dims.

Forum List

Back