Who Supports The Republican Party?

I also do my own research and don't swallow the fictional characters that are created to run against. I realize it takes more energy than most are willing to expend on their vote - but that's just me.

lol...

you are quite aware, then, that what we have running is a faux conservative against a faux moderate..

But the faux conservastive who is really a moderate is a better choice from a bi partisan standpoint than a faux moderate who is really a far left liberal.

Make up your own mind - that's great. I just encourage to not swallow the fictional charatcter that the far right is working so hard to create. As for Romney being a moderate??? If I could only hang my hat on that. He shifts with the wind and I haven't seen anything to nail down where the heck he really stands on anything.

Two poor choices. I'm leaning Obama because I know what to expect and what I've seen so far isn't great but it isn't horrible either. I'm willing to listen to Romney convince me that he's got something much better in store for us ... But I haven't heard it in the first 12 months of his campaign ... maybe he can do it in the last 2.

Sounds like many of those that call themselves independents to me. :)

Seriously, if you go back and actually read the statements that Mitt Romney has made over the years, he's quite consistent. He is not the caricature that the MSM has portrayed him as. His governance in Massachusetts was based on what he told the people and what the people of Mass said was important to them. It wasn't his job to take his personal opinions and foist them on the populace. Do some research outside of what the MSM tells you.

lol...

you are quite aware, then, that what we have running is a faux conservative against a faux moderate..

But the faux conservastive who is really a moderate is a better choice from a bi partisan standpoint than a faux moderate who is really a far left liberal.

Make up your own mind - that's great. I just encourage to not swallow the fictional charatcter that the far right is working so hard to create. As for Romney being a moderate??? If I could only hang my hat on that. He shifts with the wind and I haven't seen anything to nail down where the heck he really stands on anything.

Two poor choices. I'm leaning Obama because I know what to expect and what I've seen so far isn't great but it isn't horrible either. I'm willing to listen to Romney convince me that he's got something much better in store for us ... But I haven't heard it in the first 12 months of his campaign ... maybe he can do it in the last 2.

Whereas I am lucky enough to have been able to retire this past January, I was a business planner/human resources solutionist.

The last three years of my career were met with exactly what the right has been saying. President Obamas policies and initiatives have created such an uncertainty in the eyes of the business owners, they are afraid to pull the trigger.

Sure...I understand the need to help the poor; the disabled; the elderly...I understand the concern over the environment (although I have yet to be convinced that global warming is an issue)....

But there ius a time and a palce for everything.

In a nutshell....

When there was talk of inventing a personal use vehicle that uses a combustible engine, it would have been a disaster for the government to insist that all domestic horse breeding come to a halt and horses had to be bought overseas.

I've seen the doubt and the uncertainty as well. I think a lot of that comes from the talk about policy and not policy itself. However, one of my biggest disappointments in the Obama administration has been what I believe will be a disincentive for private employers to provide health insurance to employees. I hated the idea when McCain trotted it out in the 2008 campaign and I hate it now. Second biggest disappointment has been circumventing legislation with administrative policy and number three is using tax dollars to subsidize outmoded technology and bad business plans with my money all in the name of "energy innovation."

yeah, there have been things about the Obama administration I appreciate as well, but if Romney could somehow convince me he'd be better, I'd vote for him. He's fighting an uphill battle with me however, because he's flipped around so much over the past few years, I'm not sure where he really stands or what I could reasonably expect from him as president.

(another hurdle for Romney to me anyway, is the number of people I see supporting him with stupid, dishonest pitches. Yeah, it happens on both sides of the fence but if you really have the truth or side, why not stick to it?)

Last edited:
lol...

Seriously, if you go back and actually read the statements that Mitt Romney has made over the years, he's quite consistent. He is not the caricature that the MSM has portrayed him as. His governance in Massachusetts was based on what he told the people and what the people of Mass said was important to them. It wasn't his job to take his personal opinions and foist them on the populace. Do some research outside of what the MSM tells you.

I've done the research and I've see the neck-breaking turn-arounds myself. They aren't a fiction of the "MSM". I've seen just about every politicians do it - so that in and of itself - is not a deal-breaker. But I've honestly not seen it as much, or abandoning a position as quickly, as I have seen with Romney. Like I said, not necessarily a deal-breaker, but certainly not a plus for him imho.

Last edited:
I'm also not wild about what I believe is a propensity to shoot his mouth off in a very unpresidential way. And that's not just window-dressing. People around the world listen to what the POTUS says and use it measure our nation and they're relationship with us. Granted our current VP is worse about it - so heaven forbid he ever be regarded as the voice of the United States.

Hoping to be successful is now looked down upon. What a very sad state Obama has driven us too

I hope the PAIN and suffering by these people mentally is truly totally devastating emotionally and bordering on personal suicidal thinking for the next four years under President Obama. The true enjoyment and satisfaction a lot of people will get in watching their total frustration is wonderful, as no value can be placed on this entertainment.
This constant end of the world as we know it thinking is absolutely fantastic, and totally irrational. I mean living in fear of gov't under their imaginary god, along with their general mental psychosis of some kind of imaginary friend, the evil gov't, losing their guns along
with constant losing their rights again is totally irrational and dysfunctional to the realities that exist. Everything is quite satisfying for most, not perfect. If you use 47% of your psychosis and channel the Processing Power into positive thinking emotionally better days for them may come. No I doubt it, some enjoy imposing limitations on themselves.

Last edited:
Hoping to be successful is now looked down upon. What a very sad state Obama has driven us too

I hope the PAIN and suffering by these people mentally is truly totally devastating emotionally and bordering on personal suicidal thinking for the next four years under President Obama. The true enjoyment and satisfaction a lot of people will get in watching their total frustration is wonderful, as no value can be placed on this entertainment.
..".

I realize that there plenty of intelligent, caring people out there who are supporting Romney. But yeah, there are also some determined to create a fictional president to splutter and spew against. And if Obama wins, I'll help happy to see their distress too.

The only problem is that those who support Obama by calling Romney a misoginistic, nazi or by creating a fictional Romney to trash would be celebrating.

..".

I realize that there plenty of intelligent, caring people out there who are supporting Romney. But yeah, there are also some determined to create a fictional president to splutter and spew against. And if Obama wins, I'll help happy to see their distress too.

The only problem is that those who support Obama by calling Romney a misoginistic, nazi or by creating a fictional Romney to trash would be celebrating.

Both sides and dirty in their language. Whatever languages and calling people that is one thing, their character is another. Romney used the laws in this country to attain his weath, nothing wrong with that. But the characteristics of choosing money over keeping the jobs here in America is his character and that's not America first. Nothing more needs to be said.

I've done the research and I've see the neck-breaking turn-arounds myself. They aren't a fiction of the "MSM". I've seen just about every politicians do it - so that in and of itself - is not a deal-breaker. But I've honestly not seen it as much, or abandoning a position as quickly, as I have seen with Romney. Like I said, not necessarily a deal-breaker, but certainly not a plus for him imho.

I haven't seen the breath taking turnarounds that you claim. But then again, I rely on my own interpretations of what I hear and read. I don't need anyone else to tell me what it means. Often times if you look beyond the news media you'll find that it's not quite what they say.

Good people. Bad people. Smart people. Idiots. Same with any political party on the planet. The question is who is worse, the +50% who don't vote, or the many number of sheep that do vote without making sense of the issues for themselves?

I haven't seen the breath taking turnarounds that you claim. But then again, I rely on my own interpretations of what I hear and read. I don't need anyone else to tell me what it means. Often times if you look beyond the news media you'll find that it's not quite what they say.

I agree with you 100% Don't rely on other people to tell you what something is or what it isn't.

Good people. Bad people. Smart people. Idiots. Same with any political party on the planet. The question is who is worse, the +50% who don't vote, or the many number of sheep that do vote without making sense of the issues for themselves?

That's a terrific question. I'm going to have to think about it a bit. What is worse, voting the way you've been coerced to by being too lazy to check the stuff yourself, or just not voting at all. ..

Hmmm I'm tempted to say not voting at all is better, but I really hate to draw that conclusion.

I can entertain the thoughts that the 50% that don't vote, are quite happy with the surroundings of their environment and can adapt and compromise to the restrictions that government always place on people. As I don't masturbate over the slogans of, rights, guns, first amendment, interpretations of the constitution and abortion. Yes I've missed listing all of the slogans for you all. Like I always say, there are no rights, just temporary privileges. As I do understand that these are activation slogans to rally the base. And they've heard all this nonsense before. I'd do feel if you truly affected their lives they would vote.

As for the ones they can't make sense of issues. Reflect on your daily life, the sun comes up every day so far. A vast collection of Individual people carry a lot of mental baggage of the mind. This personal internal struggle to makes sense of truly simple things is fascinating. A lot of it comes down to personal choices, involving feelings, religion if applicable, personal self worth, ignorance, level of education, bigotry, gullibility and just laziness. My favorite can't make sense of is the abortion issue. One side is applying rational compromise choice, its my,/ or our (the guy) personal issue. This restricts no one freedom. The other side is jockeying around finding ways to sell, as justifing why they should impose restrictions on how a woman lives. Mainly over their feelings, their personal feelings, they can't compromise or makes sense of their personal feelings. But they can be pro kill terrorists, till murderers, war time kill them all on the other side. On top of this abortion will never stop. And they are all willing to leave the battlefield overturning roe, reverting back to the state and banning it in that state. What a bunch of cowards there's no abortions inside my state the rest of the world goes along and are killing whatever. There's no hope for these people making sense of most issues. The ones that vote that can't make sense of the issues are the dangerous ones.

Last edited:
Those who are well off and the ones who are foolish enough to believe they will be well off.......end of story.

So as a natural born pussy, you have given up.

That is a character flaw not an economic flaw.

I gave up on the Republican party after Reagan began to borrow from foreign banks to fund tax cuts for the wealthy.

I'm 78 years old....here is my lifetime voting record:

1956 Eisenhower
1960 Nixon
1964 Goldwater
1968 Nixon
1972 Nixon
1976 Did Not Vote
1980 Anderson(I)
1984 Reagan
1988 Did Not Vote
1992 Did Not Vote
1996 Did Not Vote
2000 Did Not Vote
2004 Kerry *****
2008 Obama*****

***** Voted Against Spend and Borrow Republicans

I was a Republican when they stood for small government, balanced budgets and individual rights. Now they're in the pockets of corporations and the wealthy...Fuck 'Em

The left make shit up to play dirty in this election.....All the right has to do is tell the truth about Obama.....LOL How great is that???? Obama actually does the dirty shit LOL

The republican party is imploding. It's been taken over by the extreme right and their a bunch of ideological whack jobs. In fact, the republican party is such a joke, that many of their party candidates running for office prefer to call themselves "GOP candidates" so they don't have to say they're republicans.

The republican party is imploding. It's been taken over by the extreme right and their a bunch of ideological whack jobs. In fact, the republican party is such a joke, that many of their party candidates running for office prefer to call themselves "GOP candidates" so they don't have to say they're republicans.

LOL Extreme right??? If Romney is extreme to you then are really are a communist LMAO.

Who Supports The Republican Party?

061017_average_hmed_12p.grid-6x2.jpg

Forum List

Back