Who supports removing the second amendment?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Lets see how many honest libs we have on this board? At least 4 in another couple threads admitted they wanted to do away with everyone's rights under the 2nd. meanwhile a couple more claimed NO ONE ever said that.

Lets see how many honest libs we have on this board? At least 4 in another couple threads admitted they wanted to do away with everyone's rights under the 2nd. meanwhile a couple more claimed NO ONE ever said that.

Me. Not a liberal though. Have liberal position but pleanty of conservative ones as well. Consider myself a-political and neutral. Never voted nor registered to, never supported a candidate even with moral support. Have opinions and positions though.

Me. Not a liberal though. Have liberal position but pleanty of conservative ones as well. Consider myself a-political and neutral. Never voted nor registered to, never supported a candidate even with moral support. Have opinions and positions though.

Then your opinion does not matter. Piss off.

Then your opinion does not matter. Piss off.

Have any idea what I could do for or against a political campaign if I set my mind to it as with loking someone? :)

Not supporting the lesser of two evils. Show me someone I"m willing to shield froma gunman and I"ll get active in a hurry. Your willingness to vote party lines is what doesn't matter.

As to the OP. 2nd's redundant. Can own firearms without it being a constitutionally protected right. But rather than it being that, it should be a local priviledge local law enforcement grants just as they do concealed-carry permits.

The entire gun control/grabber arguement amounts to censorship - no one may have guns. But that's the only way to bypass a constitutional right. If it's a local priviledge LE awards then people cops don't want having guns (legally) can be refused, but those they're not worried about may. But if it's a Bill of Rights thing everyone cna get it them by default. Thus it forces the total ban approach.

That pesky "well regulated militia" part has to be taken seriously.

Otherwise, keep the second as it is. But make sure gun owners, importers, manufacturers and sellers stop selling weapons that belong in a well regulated milita, not on the streets.

Why?

It's not pertinent to the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Otherwise, keep the second as it is. But make sure gun owners, importers, manufacturers and sellers stop selling weapons that belong in a well regulated milita, not on the streets.

"Well-regulated militia" is redundant now. It came when the Founders didn't want a fulltime standing army for the country but an all-reserve type force.

Why?

It most definitely is! Read the amendment and tell me you did't see that very phrase.

"Well-regulated militia" is redundant now. It came when the Founders didn't want a fulltime standing army for the country but an all-reserve type force.
There are weapons that belong in the hands of the citizens. And there are weapons that belong in the hands of a well regulated militia and our standing armed forces.

Why?

It most definitely is! Read the amendment and tell me you did't see that very phrase.
Hey did you know, we are ALL the militia?

Why?

It's there, but if you continue reading, it states that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...

NOT the right of the militia

Why?

No we aren't. An unregulated militia is no militia at all.

Why?

Four of your beer buddies riding around in a Dodge Durango ain't anywhere near "well regulated".

Don't hand me that! Adam Lanza wasn't 'militia'.

Why?

Four of your beer buddies riding around in a Dodge Durango ain't anywhere near "well regulated".

Don't hand me that! Adam Lanza wasn't 'militia'.
Wow, didn't you know you can get a permit for a REAL gun???
PKM_Machine_Gun_Iraq.jpg
m134d-1.jpg
v3.jpg

Forum List

Back