who Stole the American Spirit???

No. It IS NOT A MATTER OF OPINION. If someone is listening to your phone calls and has no warrant, that is an ILLEGAL SEARCH.

Redefining prisoners and setting up gulags to avoid the Geneva Convention and habeas corpus mean thoserights have been impaired. THAT IS NOT OPINION.

Now I'll go cry crocodile tears for the poor widdle repubs.

But if someone raids your compound with a warrant based on questionable evidence it's all good, right?

As I said, it's all a matter of opinion on what is best for the whole.

Twisting actual events around to suit one's political bias IS an opinion, and one based on nothing but partisanship.

Get real. As I just pointed out, you are more than willing to accept something illegal so long as you believe the ends is justified by the means.

Gulags? Hardly. Thos epeople have the exact same protections and rights as regular PRISONERS of WAR..

Not so much no.. they are not POWs.. they are enemy combatants.. they are not subject to the same controls..

In fact they have MORE because they get to have their cases taken before courts.

Thank god for our justice system.. even with its limited rights over american soil in cuba.. I am still trying to reason that one out...ever wonder why the prison was set up there.. for the weather maybe...

And they are released to go back to fighting us because whining bullshit like what you just posted..

Bull shit.. fear mongering...

As for listening. I is not an invasion nor a loss of rights if the Government can not use said listening against you in a court of law..

They can under FISA regulations.. what is a court of law btw.. what is a court without law.. you idiots keep saying this cause you think it makes you appear smarter...

And they can not. We are at WAR. In WW2 the Government OPENED and READ mail it felt was potentially dangerous. Give me a break..

We also imprisoned american citizens with lineage of Gerries and Japs.. give me a break...

Once again even if we had captured the 19 hijackers on September 10th people like you would have been belly aching, just like you do about the 7 men in Florida, that the Government ( Bush in particular) was making crap up and railroading those poor innocent Muslims..
To some extent you are right.. this admin is wonderful at cooking the books to railroad people...I dont trust em as far as I can throw em... The duty of every american is to question the legitimacy of the rules and laws that govern us....In 1776, you cats would have had us continue to speaking the queens english since the laws of the motherland were not to be questioned... these terror cats that you speak of however would have been (should have been) sent home on immigration violations...

I wonder what your opinion was on Waco? Or Ruby Ridge? I already know what it is on FLDS in Texas. You do not mind one bit when others rights are violated and denied when YOU think it is all good..
Yeah.. child abuse is a wonderful thing eh...

Remind me how the State of Texas is operating in good faith by refusing to recognize LEGAL, properly registered Utah Birth Certificates and has already been forced, after a month or more to admit 8 of the women they seized as minors are in fact NOT, One was 27 YEARS OLD. Another was 22 YEARS OLD. 20 more are STILL being illegally held against their will and their Constitutionally protected rights.
I look at it as religious persecution that has driven this religious group underground. While there out of the radar of their civil peers theyve morphed into some kind of perverted child abusing sect... now.. I am neither cool with the religious persecution bit nnor the child abuse that was going on.. all children were taken but few were talking.... if they picked up a non minor or two then just get over it..

This however is straying from the message of the thread, there are several reasons people feel the way they do.. but I've only heard extraneous conversation about the symptoms and not the cause..
I'd lay the current blame originally on Conservative Socialization backlash that led to the social experiment of the sixties.. the pendulum has swung back and forth to varying degrees since then as conservatives and liberals have battled for the highground.. caught up with this is the move to a world market economy...our manufacturing, agriculture, and midrange tech sectors have all suffered as we make economic changes... that cuts a hugh swath of economic devastation acrossed the middle class...

(RGS)
And they are released to go back to fighting us because whining bullshit like what you just posted.
(Jeepers)
Bull shit.. fear mongering...

I suugest you wake up and READ the news, already been shown ON THIS Board that a large number of released prisoners from Gitmo have been killed or recaptured fighting the US.

But hey don't let facts get in your way.

As for the rest, I might consider responding after I get done ROFLMAO.

I suugest you wake up and READ the news, already been shown ON THIS Board that a large number of released prisoners from Gitmo have been killed or recaptured fighting the US.

You also might wake up and read the news. A lot of those thrown in prison and tortured were then released with no charges because they were not guilty of terrorism when they were imprisoned. I would come back and try to kick your ass also if any country did this to me.

Oh, by the way, we haven't released any we think may vaguely be guilty.

But hey don't let facts get in your way.

Yah, yah, mr. factual speaks up again.

I blame liberals and social programs for what has happenned. I look at the proud example of the American spirit that my dad set forth. I hope it is OK, but I wrote a piece about him on my blog that I'd like to post here:

If the recent Subprime crisis has taught me anything it is that the American people are suffering near record lows in gumption. Following Katherine Kersten’s moving stories of her family I thought I’d discuss my equally deserving father.

John Peele was not born to money. His parents were upper middle class at best. Born in 1934 John was part of what they call the greatest generation. Though he was too young for World War II and Korea and too old for Vietnam, John remained always a patriot and a member of several public minded organizations. When Martin Luther King marched in Chicago, it was my dad and his friends who helped make sure that the our neighborhood remained calm and safe by starting a citizen’s patrol.

My dad didn’t start off with a great job. He worked as a locksmith. He would go to houses that were foreclosed on and change the locks when the owners were away. Still my dad knew there must be some way to help those people even as he was changing their locks. He started helping people out by finding businesses that were about to go into foreclosure and buying them from the families that lived there. By doing this the banks got their money, the families didn’t lose everything and my dad made a tidy profit.

Because helping people is good business, my dad made a lot of money in a short time. He openned up a self-storage business for those people who needed a place to store their stuff when they lost their homes and the business took off. He made quite a bit of money, but he was always a man of conviction.

When my sister broke his heart by marrying a papist he let her know that she wouldn’t see a dime of his money. While it was a sad time for our family, that was just my dad’s way. He had strong beliefs and those beliefs got him through many tough times growing up in the depression.

My dad was a stern father, but a good one and a strong and supporting husband. He married his high school sweetheart when the loser she was dating couldn’t get the money together to ask my mom to marry him. He always treated her as a lady never making her work out of the home or even drive. They never socialized much as they were each other’s best friend. When my mom got hooked on tranquilizers it was my dad who helped her recover using tough love.

My dad finally died in 2004. When he passed away, he left me his business which I continue to run today. I look at my dad and how his desire to help people took him from locksmith to realtor to business owner and I wish I saw more of that gumption in today’s Americans. We are the greatest country in the world because of people like my dad.

Forum List

Back