"Who Still Believes in Integration?"

"Whether the press mentions it or not, everyone knows that race is at the heart of the afflictions destroying our country: crime, poverty, drug addiction, illegitimacy, welfare, and the decline in public civility."

I believe that this excerpt pretty much accurately sums up the sentiments expressed in this article.

I have to call bullshit on this. I grew up a military brat and associated with people of all ethnic persuasions ever since. I won't say that I have no prejudices. I reluctantly admit that there are some attitudes which I have not been able to put aside despite the fact that I realize on a cognitive level that they are irrational.

Conservatives should embrace true multi-culturalism. I'm not talking about the misguided government quota programs and the self-serving crap spewed by the likes of Jackson, Sharpton, Kennedy etc etc etc, but TRUE multiculturalism where every person's demonstrated abilities are respected.

This world is becoming more competitive by the minute. We are falling behind. Our public educational systems are crumbling for many reasons. We cannot afford to discard so much as a single human being whose talent, intelligence and work ethic might help us to gain an advantage in the world wide rat race.

Racism is an irrational and immoral attitude. I share the frustrations of many who tire of governmental bungling and social experimentation. I resent the quota systems imposed by short sighted politicians whose aim was to feed the suckers a warm fuzzy and thereby garner votes for the next election rather than any genuine interest in integration. I have nothing but contempt for the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. But consider this; Every time a black person (or insert your favorite minority) becomes successful as a result of his or her own efforts, we have another member of our society who no longer believes that he or she has to look to the government for protection and for an opportunity to succeed. Every time a member of a minority becomes successful, we are gaining another voice for the conservative movement in this country. We damn well need all the support we can get. And we can't be so stupid as to turn up our noses at someone because we don't share the same skin tone.

Overall, I agree. The programs now aren't really helping anything, including the minorities themselves. Something needs to change.

Originally posted by OCA
Don't you get it man? You've crapped out here credibility wise. Nobody gives a fuck what you post or say once you come out as a racist.

Discrimination against white people is also racism.

Government should be totally colorblind and base everything on merit (qualifications) alone. For the private sector, people should be free to discriminate as they see fit.

Originally posted by mattskramer
Government should be totally colorblind and base everything on merit (qualifications) alone. For the private sector, people should be free to discriminate as they see fit.

I agree, and I admire your comment.

We live in a free country, and the gov't can't tell what to do. If someone, for example, specifically doesn't want to live around blacks for whatever reason, that person should be free to go live somewhere else that is safer and nicer.

Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie
I agree, and I admire your comment.

We live in a free country, and the gov't can't tell what to do. If someone, for example, specifically doesn't want to live around blacks for whatever reason, that person should be free to go live somewhere else that is safer and nicer.

Can you tell me or show me where there is a law that prohibits someone from living where they want for any reason other than income restrictions?

Originally posted by OCA
Can you tell me or show me where there is a law that prohibits someone from living where they want for any reason other than income restrictions?

I never said there was; I was aiming towards people like you that would question judgement on moving to a white area on the basis of racism.

Originally posted by William Joyce
Alright, time for a little thought provocation.

People aren't colorblind.

Why should we expect government to be any different?

We can expect government to be colorblind, at least in some areas and to some extent, through laws and policies. 1 + 1 = 2 no matter what color one is. Hire government employees for standard tasks based only on merit.

If you, the government or anyone else hired based on merit, and nothing else, blacks would come up on the short end. That's because they are inherently, as a group, less intelligent than whites. They would, however, notice the discrepancy, and begin to complain. Whites might respond by implementing affirmative action. And, they have done just that. The result is that government employs higher percentages of minorities than the private sector.

And, libertarian fellow, can you tell me which one performs better?

If you, the government or anyone else hired based on merit, and nothing else, blacks would come up on the short end. That's because they are inherently, as a group, less intelligent than whites. They would, however, notice the discrepancy, and begin to complain. Whites might respond by implementing affirmative action. And, they have done just that. The result is that government employs higher percentages of minorities than the private sector.

And, libertarian fellow, can you tell me which one performs better?

In answer to your question, I don't know and I don't care. I think that there has been enough "affirmative action" in the public (government) sector. There are plenty of opportunities for Blacks to move up from education to the career ladder. There are many stories of Blacks who were born on the poor "wrong" side if the tracks, but who have become successful. It is time for every individual in the public sector to be judged on merit.

In answer to your question, I don't know and I don't care. I think that there has been enough "affirmative action" in the public (government) sector. There are plenty of opportunities for Blacks to move up from education to the career ladder. There are many stories of Blacks who were born on the poor "wrong" side if the tracks, but who have become successful. It is time for every individual in the public sector to be judged on merit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What's all this fuss about interrogation? You would think, with the rising crime rate and the streets not being safe at night, that we would want the police to have every tool at their disposal in order to ensure......

What? What's that? INTEGRATION.....

Oh.

Never mind.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Discrimination against white people is also racism.

That's very true, but it would never be regarded as true racism in this day and age. THAT would be practically considered racist. The modern definition of racism is "any harm felt or demonstrated towards a non-white culture." That's the way it's interpreted by society, so it leads me to that conclusion. No one (political figures in particular) cares abut discrimination towards whites and some will even tell you that.

This is just as "diversity" is described in this article as "the furthering of non-white culture." Period.

Originally posted by matt
In answer to your question, I don't know and I don't care.

You should, and you should.

I think that there has been enough "affirmative action" in the public (government) sector. There are plenty of opportunities for Blacks to move up from education to the career ladder. There are many stories of Blacks who were born on the poor "wrong" side if the tracks, but who have become successful. It is time for every individual in the public sector to be judged on merit.

You're just not getting it. Blacks as a group will never be equal to whites, because they are inherently less intelligent. That some have "made it" is irrelevant (I might press you on who these blacks are, and whether they didn't benefit from affirmative action, but one thing at a time here). Blacks will continue to see stark differences between the two groups, and they will continue to demand "equal." You, my libertarian friend, WILL NOT SATISFY THEM with your proposal that we "treat everyone as an individual." They will call you racist for refusing to go along with their demands.

I disagree with your statement that Blacks are "inherently less intelligent". If we could do a totally controlled test on a group of Black people and a group of White people from their births to old age by keep the environments the same (IDENTICAL) for each group throughout their lives (every variable, every item, etc.) from the moment of birth forward, I doubt that there would be any significant difference in their intelligence.

"You, my libertarian friend, WILL NOT SATISFY THEM with your proposal that we "treat everyone as an individual." They will call you racist for refusing to go along with their demands."

I don't care if they will not be satisfied with my proposal. They can name-call all they like. It does not make me a racist. On the other hand, treating races differently on the basis of race is, by definition, being a racist.

They will call you racist for refusing to go along with their demands.

This specifically is another problem that is arising. Now, it's "do as I say because 'I'm' a minority!" I've been hearing it more and more, me being an attorney. That's a problem with liberals. They want to give things to minorities for free and make them feel special. Then, in turn, the minorities are not only ungrateful, but they take it to the next level and "demand" anything else that they want.

For example, if minorities cannot pass a test, they demand that the standards be lowered and that it's racist otherwise. To me, that says that they are less intelligent. Tests "are" colorblind to begin with (and they can't be racist)!

Us white people have to do things the hard way, and we don't get any help (I'm not saying that we "should" have free help though).

Forum List

Back