Who speaks for the Children?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3jQOgs9gc]‪Hunger & Poverty In America‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

...Actual historical records of financial net worth show kids are richer. Enrollment and test scores show higher educational levels. Actuary tables show life expectancy has increased. Divorce rates have fallen. The only thing worse is your feelings...
Umm slow housing sales proves my point...
We were comparing 1980 to now. Either you're changing the subject to trends in the past couple years (smart move considering) or you're fantasizing that today's twenty-somethings see worse housing prospects than their parents saw.

Economic policies since Reagan have had a negative effect on America, but they particularly affect the Children. Democrats and Lame Stream Media do not fight hard enough for our children or they simply neglect the effects so called compassionate conservatism has had on the working poor and especially on the children.

'The Decade of Lost Children' By Charles M. Blow

"The number of children living in poverty has increased by four million since 2000, and the number of children who fell into poverty between 2008 and 2009 was the largest single-year increase ever recorded."

America has lost its soul and replaced it with greed and the worship of corporate power. "As a report issued last week by the nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities points out: “Of the 47 states with newly enacted budgets, 38 or more states are making deep, identifiable cuts in K-12 education, higher education, health care, or other key areas in their budgets for fiscal year 2012." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/06/opinion/the-decade-of-lost-children.html?src=me&ref=general

"It’s hard to see how we emerge from this downturn and its tumult a stronger nation if we allow vast swatches of our children to be lost. My fear is that we may not."

"Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness." George Bernard Shaw

Isn't it amazing how saddling the next generation with trillions of dollars in debt is good for them?

By the way, nations do not have souls.

...credibility in this thread went out the window the moment that you...
This thread started out as without credibility...
Exactly, and what it began with--
Economic policies since Reagan have had a negative effect on America, but they particularly affect the Children...
--is nonsense. If we like humanity then we love children and want them to live, prosper, and be happy. Let's compare the lives of children of the '80's to the lives of their parents. Replace mindless politics with observable fact. Today's twenty-somethings are more wealthy, better educated, are healthier, and have more stable families than their parents did. Anyone who disagrees is invited to ditch their sick attitudes and useless feelings and turn to the hard facts found in historical records.

Reality, love it or leave it.

Most progressives seem to hate reality. While is it a tragedy that there are people that are hungry in this country we should actually be celebrating the fact that less than 3% of the poor in this country are malnourished.

Economic policies since Reagan have had a negative effect on America, but they particularly affect the Children.

"It’s hard to see how we emerge from this downturn and its tumult a stronger nation if we allow vast swatches of our children to be lost. My fear is that we may not."
For conservatives this is not an issue – if children are lost due to poverty or other economic factors, so be it – it’s an acceptable consequence and will serve as an incentive for others to do better.

Conservatives believe humans are motivated by only two factors: fear and greed.

And idiots like you believe people are motivated by unicorns and fairies.

Guess which attitude actually works in the real world? Do you have any idea how easy it is to buy off the typical liberal who is out to help the world?

Bullcrap!...
OK, I'm willing to admit that you live with and know a lot more about bullcrap than I ever will, but I'm not talking about that. Actual historical records of financial net worth show kids are richer. Enrollment and test scores show higher educational levels. Actuary tables show life expectancy has increased. Divorce rates have fallen. The only thing worse is your feelings but that's more a matter of choice than reality.

Umm slow housing sales proves my point. More children to buy homes less homes sold where do they live?

Do a bit of research on the subject I know i will never get past the bullcrap with you.

Why does everyone need a home? The housing market is full of rental property to, just because people are not buying a house they cannot afford does not mean they are living in mommy's basement.

OK, I'm willing to admit that you live with and know a lot more about bullcrap than I ever will, but I'm not talking about that. Actual historical records of financial net worth show kids are richer. Enrollment and test scores show higher educational levels. Actuary tables show life expectancy has increased. Divorce rates have fallen. The only thing worse is your feelings but that's more a matter of choice than reality.

Umm slow housing sales proves my point. More children to buy homes less homes sold where do they live?

Do a bit of research on the subject I know i will never get past the bullcrap with you.

Why does everyone need a home? The housing market is full of rental property to, just because people are not buying a house they cannot afford does not mean they are living in mommy's basement.

Who's living in the basement?

We got where we are right now in the housing market because of people wanting more then you could afford.

:lol:

We got where we are right now in the housing market because of people wanting more then you could afford.

She is right. Something the politicians will not talk about..therefore the media doesn't either.. More homes are under water due to re-fi's than purchases. So, where is the equity cash these people took out of there home's? They blew it on vacations, cars, clothes, etc.............
Politicians are sickening.. They deregulated so this would happen... Most of the blame should be placed on the Democrats.. This was all started under Clinton.. fueled by Bush and lead by the cock sucking degenerate Bwaney Fwank and his ass kissing buddy Chris Dodd.
The politicians are so worried about votes its a no mention issue!

Wall street leaked the problem and shorted the markets.. They made billions on the loses.. and then got billions in stimulus money. This is the biggest rip off scam in US history.

Blues

Last edited:

She is right. Something the politicians will not talk about..therefore the media doesn't either.. More homes are under water due to re-fi's than purchases. So, where is the equity cash these people took out of there home's? They blew it on vacations, cars, clothes, etc.............
Politicians are sickening.. They deregulated so this would happen... Most of the blame should be placed on the Democrats.. This was all started under Clinton.. fueled by Bush and lead by the cock sucking degenerate Bwaney Fwank and his ass kissing buddy Chris Dodd.
The politicians are so worried about votes its a no mention issue!

Wall street leaked the problem and shorted the markets.. They made billions on the loses.. and then got billions in stimulus money. This is the biggest rip off scam in US history.

Blues

It all boils down to personal responsibility..

and if you cant afford children...then don't have them...and or expect the government to pay for them either.

Economic policies since Reagan have had a negative effect on America, but they particularly affect the Children.

For conservatives this is not an issue – if children are lost due to poverty or other economic factors, so be it – it’s an acceptable consequence and will serve as an incentive for others to do better.

Conservatives believe humans are motivated by only two factors: fear and greed.

Unlike liberals who are motivated by power and theft.

Economic policies since Reagan have had a negative effect on America, but they particularly affect the Children. Democrats and Lame Stream Media do not fight hard enough for our children or they simply neglect the effects so called compassionate conservatism has had on the working poor and especially on the children.

'The Decade of Lost Children' By Charles M. Blow

"The number of children living in poverty has increased by four million since 2000, and the number of children who fell into poverty between 2008 and 2009 was the largest single-year increase ever recorded."

America has lost its soul and replaced it with greed and the worship of corporate power. "As a report issued last week by the nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities points out: “Of the 47 states with newly enacted budgets, 38 or more states are making deep, identifiable cuts in K-12 education, higher education, health care, or other key areas in their budgets for fiscal year 2012." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/06/opinion/the-decade-of-lost-children.html?src=me&ref=general

"Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness." George Bernard Shaw

How did LBJ's "great society" work out? Poverty pimps did well anyway.

The heartless republicans and conservatives of today flat out astound me, not one intelligent reply from any of them. While Social Darwinism as an economic and political concept died long ago, the self centered greed of SD lives on in the American right.

While the OP was about America it is estimated that 150 million live and work in sweatshops and enslavement. How many here purchase Nike for instance? Here is a piece on the sweatshop policies of Nike. Frequently Asked Questions

While the right wing in America worships at the corporate trough and bows to big money, there are people in this world who do fight for the children. Get the word out.

'Who Represents the Poor?' by Pranab Bardhan

"In the last few decades, labor unions have become weaker everywhere. Increased global competition is eroding the revenues that capital used to share with organized labor, and the outflow of investments abroad—or even the credible threat of it—has made union positions precarious.

But in much of the developing world, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have partly filled the gap by enrolling groups of (often informal) workers in microfinance and social-insurance programs, delivering health and education services, agitating against the abuse of human rights and environmental degradation, and empowering disadvantaged social groups such as women and indigenous people. Where unions stressed worker rights, the emphasis has now shifted to citizens’ rights to minimum dignity, livelihood, and socially guaranteed protection. This is a major advance in social movements over the narrow goals of union workers because the overwhelming majority of workers and peasants in poor countries do not belong to unions." Boston Review — Pranab Bardhan: Who Represents the Poor?

Why is it that the people that are always preaching about "greed", don't give up their wealth for "the children". They run around trying to extort power/money from people that are just trying to support their own families, and give generously to charities (I guess they don't like those charities).

You can pay more to uncle Sam, there is a place on the tax form for it, go ahead, save the country, give all your money to the political monster that is currently our gov't. Do it, we might take you more seriously.

Democrats speak for children. It seems as if Republicans like to get them born to watch them starve. I know. I don't get it either.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpb4nwfiaPY]‪Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer : "Don't feed the poor. They'll 'breed.'" FULL AUDIO‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I hate to say it but it seems like lefties actually want to see children starving so they can make a political point but it ain't happening. It hasn't happened since the icon of liberalism, FDR was president. So far it's possible with Obama though. All we have seen from the most liberal president in history who makes FDR look like a conservative is "cash for clunkers" and communists on the "green jobs board while there ain't no green jobs or any other jobs and the 2nd collapse of the economy in recent history. Where's Barry? Somewhere in the mid west on a rock and roll bus tour?

Forum List

Back