Who should the Democrats run in 2016

Who should the Democrats Nominate in 2016?

• Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Vice President Joe Biden

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa

• Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia

• Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer

• Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York

• Newark Mayor Cory Booker

• Total voters
Funny, you all thought Ryan was going to make a trainwreck of Joe, and it didn't work out that way, did it?

they keep forgetting joe was one of the youngest senators ever and has had more experience than almost anyone in D.C. People loved him on the campaign trail and even though he has the occasional gaffe, people don't question his sincerity. I've always found it amusing that they try to make him seem like a crazy person... but there's nothing crazy about him.

And he made mince meat out of paul ryan, which warmed my heart.

he's a very divisive fellow, very successful in that respect. so I know why you admire him so. Yep.

divisive like rick perry? or newt gingrich? or any of the other GOP candidates except for huntsman? that kind of divisive?

A female illegal immigrant, Mexican that speaks no English and is Pregnant, unemployed and collects welfare and drives with no drivers license. Unbeatable in the primaries.

And this is why the Republicans lost...

They really do think only white males vote.

I'm sorry?

Republicans lost because they ran a progressive liberal who pretends to be conservative. tens of millions less people showed up to vote in 2012 than 2008... Both parties are shrinking... Obama didn’t win by a landslide.

A female illegal immigrant, Mexican that speaks no English and is Pregnant, unemployed and collects welfare and drives with no drivers license. Unbeatable in the primaries.

Really? And this kind of hate is exactly the kind of thing that gave the President the overwhelming support of Americans of Hispanic ancestory.

they keep forgetting joe was one of the youngest senators ever and has had more experience than almost anyone in D.C. People loved him on the campaign trail and even though he has the occasional gaffe, people don't question his sincerity. I've always found it amusing that they try to make him seem like a crazy person... but there's nothing crazy about him.

And he made mince meat out of paul ryan, which warmed my heart.

he's a very divisive fellow, very successful in that respect. so I know why you admire him so. Yep.

divisive like rick perry? or newt gingrich? or any of the other GOP candidates except for huntsman? that kind of divisive?

Ron Paul is not divisive... And Huntsman is a pure progressive, so yeah, he would have done well running as a Democrat. Then again most the candidates in the GOP primaries this year would have done well running as Democrats going off their actual voting record.

My own thoughts.

Hillary would be the automatic frontrunner if she ran, but she was in 2008. The Democrats have more of a habit of picking someone from the back of the room instead of the person you'd expect. (As opposed to Republicans, who just keep recycling their past losers.) I think that she has done very well as Secretary of State.

The downside- nothing to really do for the next four years until she decides to run. Also, she brings in all the Clinton Baggage.

Biden is a strong possibility. Many argued that the tide turning against Romney after the first debate was started when he took Paul Ryan out to the woodshed.

I do think it will be a lesser known, though. Just given Democratic history of going with younger candidates. Clinton will be 68, and Biden well into his 70's when 2016 rolls around.

there would be nothing wrong with a clinton/booker ticket.

What's wrong with Booker at the top of the ticket you racist.
He's educated,clean,housebroken it seems,articulate,seems like he's not an angry black with a chip on his shoulder.:razz:

Really? And this kind of hate is exactly the kind of thing that gave the President the overwhelming support of Americans of Hispanic ancestory.

What hate are you talking about? Millions upon millions said outloud that they voted for Obama because he is black... That is one of the most pure forms of racism you can find. History (real history) will look back at this time period as just another group of stupid people.

You guys point out that Mitt is white, that Republicans are mostly white... as if being white is bad. Talk about real bigots.

Ron Paul is not divisive... And Huntsman is a pure progressive, so yeah, he would have done well running as a Democrat. Then again most the candidates in the GOP primaries this year would have done well running as Democrats going off their actual voting record.

no. ron paul is not divisive. true. but he also isn't ready for prime time.

huntsman is anti-choice, pro supply side, pro tax cuts. nothing 'progressive' about him except that he's smart enough to understand the role of foreign policy. and saying they vote like democrats is just silly.

My own thoughts.

Hillary would be the automatic frontrunner if she ran, but she was in 2008. The Democrats have more of a habit of picking someone from the back of the room instead of the person you'd expect. (As opposed to Republicans, who just keep recycling their past losers.) I think that she has done very well as Secretary of State.

The downside- nothing to really do for the next four years until she decides to run. Also, she brings in all the Clinton Baggage.

Biden is a strong possibility. Many argued that the tide turning against Romney after the first debate was started when he took Paul Ryan out to the woodshed.

I do think it will be a lesser known, though. Just given Democratic history of going with younger candidates. Clinton will be 68, and Biden well into his 70's when 2016 rolls around.

He's educated,clean,housebroken it seems,articulate,seems like he's not an angry black with a chip on his shoulder.:razz:

It's time for a female President, duuuuh. Vote Democrat so we can get the first female President!!! Who cares if their policies fucking suck, it's a woman!

What hate are you talking about? Millions upon millions said outloud that they voted for Obama because he is black... That is one of the most pure forms of racism you can find. History (real history) will look back at this time period as just another group of stupid people.

You guys point out that Mitt is white, that Republicans are mostly white... as if being white is bad. Talk about real bigots.

if you don't get what's hateful about that post...

well, proves why you guys lost.

Biden. I'd pay to see that trainwreck of a campaign.

Funny, you all thought Ryan was going to make a trainwreck of Joe, and it didn't work out that way, did it?

That Paul Ryan (Randian) scared the begeezus out of me :ack-1: claiming that he built his entire career on fiction books that are read by teens then throwing the author under the bus when his church called him out on it.

Hope he "got the message" that America doesn't want what he's selling (cutting services to retirees whilst lavishing tax-cuts on the wealthy) :fu:

My own thoughts.

yes... i voted for obama twice and must be racist. *sigh*. you sound like a twit saying that. but i guess that was the point.

i voted hillary in the primary in 2008. she deserved to be president then... she deserves to be president in 2012.

the right must think so too, given over the past week, they've started trying to pre-trash her before she runs against them.

i'd wager she's the ONLY candidate your side of the aisle is afraid of right now.

Poll to follow...

imageshi-1.jpg

that's nice... the hack who uses other women's pics in her avi to pretend she looks better than she does, trying to make her better look worse than she actually does because she doesn't like her politics.

isn't that sweet?

cool

I think Hillary, and I'm more convinced after the video of world leaders singing her praises. It will make one helluva campaign ad.

No Clintons. No Bushes.

There are 310,000,000 people in this country. Surely we can find others.

Political dynasties are unhealthy for a democracy. We aren't the Philippines.

BTW, Hillary will be nearly 70 in 2016.

Last edited:
that's nice... the hack who uses other women's pics in her avi to pretend she looks better than she does, trying to make her better look worse than she actually does because she doesn't like her politics.

isn't that sweet?

cool

..and a cartoon character used for the same purpose is better how?

P.S. Cats are where its at.

Hillary's going to run - that's why she's resigned as SecState.

Who the heck cares?! It's not even 2013. We don't even know whats going to happen next week let alone the next four years. Planning for it now is like asking a toddler who they want to be their teacher in four years. How the heck would they know?!

Forum List

Back