Who should the Democrats run in 2016

Who should the Democrats Nominate in 2016?

• Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Vice President Joe Biden

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa

• Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia

• Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer

• Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York

• Newark Mayor Cory Booker

• Total voters
My own thoughts.

Hillary would be the automatic frontrunner if she ran, but she was in 2008. The Democrats have more of a habit of picking someone from the back of the room instead of the person you'd expect. (As opposed to Republicans, who just keep recycling their past losers.) I think that she has done very well as Secretary of State.

The downside- nothing to really do for the next four years until she decides to run. Also, she brings in all the Clinton Baggage.

Biden is a strong possibility. Many argued that the tide turning against Romney after the first debate was started when he took Paul Ryan out to the woodshed.

I do think it will be a lesser known, though. Just given Democratic history of going with younger candidates. Clinton will be 68, and Biden well into his 70's when 2016 rolls around.

My own thoughts.

Hillary would be the automatic frontrunner if she ran, but she was in 2008. The Democrats have more of a habit of picking someone from the back of the room instead of the person you'd expect. (As opposed to Republicans, who just keep recycling their past losers.) I think that she has done very well as Secretary of State.

The downside- nothing to really do for the next four years until she decides to run. Also, she brings in all the Clinton Baggage.

Biden is a strong possibility. Many argued that the tide turning against Romney after the first debate was started when he took Paul Ryan out to the woodshed.

I do think it will be a lesser known, though. Just given Democratic history of going with younger candidates. Clinton will be 68, and Biden well into his 70's when 2016 rolls around.

there would be nothing wrong with a clinton/booker ticket.

Its almost no fun anymore to stomp the Righties like Mourdock & West :( :lol:

Being someone not quite entirely cured of Republicanism, not so much.

I'm happy to stomp out a troll like West.

A GOP guy who actually stands on principles and works hard for his district... that's a harder guy to vote against. For instance, Peter Roskam, who used to be my congressman before Redistricting, is a good guy. Don't agree with his politics that much anymore, but he works hard for the district.

Taking down the good ones is hard, but sometimes they are easier to beat, and that's kind of the problem.

but those aren't going to be their presidential nominees next time. they'll have their A-Team out, unlike this year...

Jeb Bush... Chris Christie (but only if he can lose 100 lbs and get healthy enough for the rigors of the campaign trail).... Marco Rubio (who i personally think would be a huge mistake, but their base will love him); and i wouldn't count out jon huntsman. he's got 4 years to sell himself... and they should have listened to him this time.

Really too soon to be picking anyone. There are obvious people with experiance and qualifications, but time and events can change the directions of those people.

My own thoughts.

there would be nothing wrong with a clinton/booker ticket.

I have more respect for Hillary now than I did four years ago (but I'm also a lot more liberal now than I was 4 years ago.)

I'm just thinking in the tactical. The Democrats really don't run older candidates.

But I might be wrong.

I'm still hoping between now and 2016, the GOP actually gets its sanity back, where I can make a measured choice.

but those aren't going to be their presidential nominees next time. they'll have their A-Team out, unlike this year...

Jeb Bush... Chris Christie (but only if he can lose 100 lbs and get healthy enough for the rigors of the campaign trail).... Marco Rubio (who i personally think would be a huge mistake, but their base will love him); and i wouldn't count out jon huntsman. he's got 4 years to sell himself... and they should have listened to him this time.

Should Christie lose that weight, and continue his pragmatic approach, he would be a good bet in a sane world. Jeb has many admirable qualities, but is saddled with his last name. Jon Huntsman has experiance and qualifications. What he does not have is the love of most of the GOP. He is far too realistic about the way the world works, and does not filter all events through the right wingnut 'way things oughter be'.

you dont want the Mayor of L.A......that guy is out for himself.....im sure he has a mirror with him every where he goes.....

Biden. I'd pay to see that trainwreck of a campaign.

Funny, you all thought Ryan was going to make a trainwreck of Joe, and it didn't work out that way, did it?

they keep forgetting joe was one of the youngest senators ever and has had more experience than almost anyone in D.C. People loved him on the campaign trail and even though he has the occasional gaffe, people don't question his sincerity. I've always found it amusing that they try to make him seem like a crazy person... but there's nothing crazy about him.

And he made mince meat out of paul ryan, which warmed my heart.

Biden. I'd pay to see that trainwreck of a campaign.

Funny, you all thought Ryan was going to make a trainwreck of Joe, and it didn't work out that way, did it?

they keep forgetting joe was one of the youngest senators ever and has had more experience than almost anyone in D.C. People loved him on the campaign trail and even though he has the occasional gaffe, people don't question his sincerity. I've always found it amusing that they try to make him seem like a crazy person... but there's nothing crazy about him.

And he made mince meat out of paul ryan, which warmed my heart.

he's a very divisive fellow, very successful in that respect. so I know why you admire him so. Yep.

A female illegal immigrant, Mexican that speaks no English and is Pregnant, unemployed and collects welfare and drives with no drivers license. Unbeatable in the primaries.

Forum List

Back