who should immigrate to the usa

who should migrate to USA

• Total voters
Anyone here think the fear of being deported is something that we have in common? Please. It certainly is NOT. Most of us can't relate to that. THAT seems a singular fear born from a tradition that needs to be examined.

How so? Why is it un-American to want America to be a better place. I probably should have finished the post though....until such times as our economy has recovered and every American citizen who wants a job, has a job.

Immigration is, and has always been, a key characteristic of America. Part of the reason why America is a better place is because of LEGAL immigration. The 'until everyone has a job' bit is specious because unemployment will never be 0%. As it is, there are far more high-skill positions available in the US than US citizens qualified to do them. Far more urgency should be given to preparing future generations of Americans for such jobs.

I might believe that if I didn't have a niece who graduated from college and couldn't find a job. A son who graduated with a 4.0 and can't find a job. A nephew who had to go back to college and become a lawyer because they were phasing out his highly technical job he got after he graduated from MIT. Imagine, a degree from MIT and you can't get a job. I also have another niece who graduated from college that is now teaching kick boxing as she can't find a job with her degree.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/28/b...truggle-to-fill-positions.html?pagewanted=all

Manufacturing Jobs Are Going Unfilled Because They're Not Cool Enough - Business Insider

Why some jobs go begging in tough economy - Business - Eye on the Economy | NBC News

Immigration is, and has always been, a key characteristic of America. Part of the reason why America is a better place is because of LEGAL immigration. The 'until everyone has a job' bit is specious because unemployment will never be 0%. As it is, there are far more high-skill positions available in the US than US citizens qualified to do them. Far more urgency should be given to preparing future generations of Americans for such jobs.

I might believe that if I didn't have a niece who graduated from college and couldn't find a job. A son who graduated with a 4.0 and can't find a job. A nephew who had to go back to college and become a lawyer because they were phasing out his highly technical job he got after he graduated from MIT. Imagine, a degree from MIT and you can't get a job. I also have another niece who graduated from college that is now teaching kick boxing as she can't find a job with her degree.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/28/b...truggle-to-fill-positions.html?pagewanted=all

Manufacturing Jobs Are Going Unfilled Because They're Not Cool Enough - Business Insider

Why some jobs go begging in tough economy - Business - Eye on the Economy | NBC News

One of the things all those lawyers are doing is helping corporations to word help wanted ads so no American will qualify. That way they can bring in someone from overseas and pay them less.

One of the things all those lawyers are doing is helping corporations to word help wanted ads so no American will qualify. That way they can bring in someone from overseas and pay them less.

Just how much of a fool are you willing to make of yourself to defend whatever wierd agenda you've got going here? Do you spend a lot of time over on the Conspiracy Forum?

Just how much of a fool are you willing to make of yourself to defend whatever wierd agenda you've got going here? Do you spend a lot of time over on the Conspiracy Forum?

My nephew and his wife are scum sucking corporate lawyers and if I had the time and energy, I'd find the recording on youtube where they (not my niece and nephew) are explaining to corporations how to word their help wanted ads in order to exclude Americans. They actually have classes on it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=uSvJaYxRoB4&feature=endscreen]Picard Facepalm - YouTube[/ame]

At base, people that determine the question shouldn't be the ones that determine what the right answer is, don't you think?

I don't give a damn who comes to the United States, as long as they respect our immigration Laws and do it through proper channels. If they don't respect our Laws on immigration, what makes you think they will respect any of our other Laws? That's about the only explanation I have.

I dont know but if i had choice between migrating and disrespecting the law on Immigration or die and get killed i would choose the former

Just don't cry when you get sent home for breaking the Law... Have you seen the immigration Laws in poorer Nations that the U.S. takes illegals in from... You'd rot in jail if you tried entering those other countries illegally. Why is it the United States Taxpayer's responsibility to protect people from possible death, or being killed by their own countrymen? I'd say people should ante up in their own countries and toss out those who are endangering them, rather than making it the American Taxpayer's responsibility. Disrespecting our Laws is exactly why illegals should not be allowed amnesty... You want to move here, make the effort to do it right, and stop blaming everyone else for your problems at home.

There are several problems with your post and response.

First off, this country's immigration laws are zany. They are a huge clusterfuck. Secondly most large corporate entities like it that way. It keeps the labor pool cheap. Third this country practically begs people to come over and brags about it being a haven from despots. Then when people do come, many seeking asylum, there is a huge portion of our society that are bigoted and racist..and want to pick and choose.

One good thing about Bush was he had the right idea about immigration. And it's too bad that's probably the only thing conservatives didn't embrace about him.

There comes a time when the resources are limited and we have to say no.

LEGAL immigration is one of our most valuable resources.

Only for people who want cheap labor and votes.

More and more farmland is plowed under everyday and covered with warehouses or tract housing. More and more of our food is coming in from other countries. We have water shortages every summer and I live in the Pacific Northwest. When you live in the wettest part of the country have have to set up a schedule to water your lawn, something is wrong. We haven't built any water reservoirs since the 60's. We can't support the increasing population, we don't have the infrastructure. Meanwhile, more and more immigrants come in, using up our resources and keeping our wages low while our taxes go up to support the extra infrastructure and they haven't even put a new reservoir on the list of things to even talk about yet.

Limited natural resources...populating an area to the point where it can't sustain that population is stupid and the exact reason we were encouraged to decrease our family size and the world's population. What do we do when we run out of water?

The poll choices are inadequate. People who immigrate to the U.S. should be:

1. Not terrorists
2. Not criminals
3. Have demonstrable skills and education with which to engage in productive work in order to support themselves and any dependents
4. Not be eligible for entitlements until such time as they become legal citizens

Citizenship requirements should be tightened up as well, but that's a different discussion.

Limited natural resources...populating an area to the point where it can't sustain that population is stupid and the exact reason we were encouraged to decrease our family size and the world's population.

We are nowhere near the limits of our natural resources. And people were sold a bill of goods about family size in the 70s based on a completely false panic about a non-existent threat of a 'population bomb.' Quite the contrary is the real problem we will have to deal with in the near-enough future.

There should be a temporary freeze on all visas into this country. until we learn charity begans at home and we need to education our own with free college education. Some of our most brilliant children cannot afford college. The reason Iraq under Saddam did so well economically was because higher education was free and he was generous with his militray and their families.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/167397-saddam-s-education-system.html

In the early years of Saddam Hussein’s regime, the education system in Iraq was well resourced, globally connected, secular and open to women. University education was free and literacy levels rose from 52 percent in 1977 to 80 percent in 1987.

The near collapse of Iraq’s education system was the culmination of a process of decline that gathered pace with the international sanctions regime of the 1990s, culminating in the war of 2003 and its aftermath. Iraqi universities were stripped clean not only of cultural artifacts like books but also of the basic infrastructural items that enabled them to function at all. Due to international sanctions following the 1991 Gulf War, foreign bureaucrats blocked requests for education materials and resources. After the U.S. invaded Iraq, museums and university libraries were looted and many of their cultural artifacts and documents destroyed, despite earlier pleas from the Pentagon’s Office of Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance to protect cultural heritage sites in Iraq. Jerry Bremer’s DeBaathification process, initiated in 2003, led to the removal of half the intellectual leadership in academia regardless of whether or not they truly believed in the Baath party.

Education: Universities in Iraq and the U.S. | Costs of War

Last edited:

Forum List

Back