who should immigrate to the usa

who should migrate to USA

• Total voters
Asylum seekers are obliged by the legal definition of the term to seek refuge in the first safe port of call. Not travel half way around the world in search of sanctuary. Especially when they pass through dozens of 'safe' countries.

The term's a con, as it plants a picture in ignorant minds of tearful refugees fleeing from immediate danger, which is designed to elicit sympathy. Whereas in reality a lot of these so-called "asylum seekers" are, in fact, social security seekers.

then only mexicans and canadians are obliged for asylym in USA. No one else. Since USA is half way around the World for everyone else.
I dont see what is wrong with seeking social security, most Forefathers of modern day White Americans were social security seekers. seekers of opportunities, gold diggers and what not

Social security didn't exist when the men and women who rebelled against Great Britain began carving the nation you so desperately want to become part of. And those who followed in their wake risked a far more perilous crossing from Europe (and Africa) than climbing over a fence. Being the legal heirs of an industrious group of patriarchs doesn't make you a gold digger.

of course social security existed back then too not in the modern sense, but in the sense of being secure from persecution and discrimination and escape famines (irish), having opportunity to earn a Piece of bread etc. it is very similar today. your ad hominem is wrong at place, but what to expect from a guy who writes "far right" in his profile

then only mexicans and canadians are obliged for asylym in USA. No one else. Since USA is half way around the World for everyone else.
I dont see what is wrong with seeking social security, most Forefathers of modern day White Americans were social security seekers. seekers of opportunities, gold diggers and what not

Social security didn't exist when the men and women who rebelled against Great Britain began carving the nation you so desperately want to become part of. And those who followed in their wake risked a far more perilous crossing from Europe (and Africa) than climbing over a fence. Being the legal heirs of an industrious group of patriarchs doesn't make you a gold digger.

of course social security existed back then too not in the modern sense, but in the sense of being secure from persecution and discrimination and escape famines (irish), having opportunity to earn a Piece of bread etc. it is very similar today. your ad hominem is wrong at place, but what to expect from a guy who writes "far right" in his profile

If you want to legally immigrate to the United States you might want to brush-up on some of the terminology you'll be expected to know. Social security is a term that means financial assistance provided by the state/taxpayer. There was no financial assistance provided by the state/taxpayer two centuries ago.

If you want to legally immigrate to the United States you might want to brush-up on some of the terminology you'll be expected to know. Social security is a term that means financial assistance provided by the state/taxpayer. There was no financial assistance provided by the state/taxpayer two centuries ago.

well social security as General term just means that you are socially secure, that is how i understood it. a secure society. peace, properity, freedom. being unfamiliar otherwise with the term.

the previous poster i argued with claimed immigrants steal americans Jobs, now you Claim all Newcomers seek to be on welfare, contradictory claims. i was right that you are stereotyping and seeking arguments to strike fear of new Immigration in the Country in peoples minds.

I don't give a damn who comes to the United States, as long as they respect our immigration Laws and do it through proper channels. If they don't respect our Laws on immigration, what makes you think they will respect any of our other Laws? That's about the only explanation I have.

I dont know but if i had choice between migrating and disrespecting the law on Immigration or die and get killed i would choose the former

Again a phony choice here, most illegal immigrants would neither die or be killed if they stay in their homelands. THAT has become a anecdotal excuse for every illegal alien that ever dared to cross the border, and that really needs to be examined closely on every level . It seems that this thread was just a fishing expedition to ferret out acceptable people from the “Xenophobes”. Give us a break already.

I don't give a damn who comes to the United States, as long as they respect our immigration Laws and do it through proper channels. If they don't respect our Laws on immigration, what makes you think they will respect any of our other Laws? That's about the only explanation I have.

I dont know but if i had choice between migrating and disrespecting the law on Immigration or die and get killed i would choose the former

Again a phony choice here, most illegal immigrants would neither die or be killed if they stay in their homelands. THAT has become a anecdotal excuse for every illegal alien that ever dared to cross the border, and that really needs to be examined closely on every level . It seems that this thread was just a fishing expedition to ferret out acceptable people from the “Xenophobes”. Give us a break already.

Anybody against illegal immigration is apparently a "xenophobe" even those with families made up of all races. IMO, for many it's actually more dangerous to trek across the border from Mexico than to stay home. Remember Elvira? The woman who took refuge in a church in Chicago so she wouldn't be deported back to Mexico? She had a college education in Mexico and was working as a secretary and having a house built there when she found out she could come here and steal someones social security number and work cleaning airplanes for more money. After 9/11 she lost that job, but because she had a child here that apparently had ADHD, she got all kinds of money from our government. Once they finally sent her home, she took her son with her. When our government stopped sending her the checks for his ADHD, she sent her son back to live with the Reverend and his wife from the Chicago church.

You know, my dad was career Air Force and I was born in England. England grants or used to grant citizenship to everyone born there. There was no discussion of breaking up our family when my parents came home. They just brought me with them, as they should have. One has to wonder how much Elvira loves her son, it seems to me she's loves the money she got for him more.

Nobody.

We're full.

you guys seem to be quiete xenophobic

You started this thread desperately hoping that to be the case so you could launch into the little self-righteous drama you had planned on all along.

I really don't think he knows what xenophobic means. Not wanting people to invade your country doesn't make you xenophobic, it makes you protective. As I've said before, every year, we let in more legal immigrants into this country than all the other countries combined. There comes a time when the resources are limited and we have to say no.

I think it's time to bring immigration to a complete stop with exceptions only for family members of American citizens and people who marry American citizens.

That is an un-American attitude.

How so? Why is it un-American to want America to be a better place. I probably should have finished the post though....until such times as our economy has recovered and every American citizen who wants a job, has a job.

If there are Americans like you. I dont want to live there, because they hate me and I want to be in a Country where People dont hate me anymore.

You started this thread just dying for the chance to say "you hate me!" you little drama queen.

Asylum seekers are obliged by the legal definition of the term to seek refuge in the first safe port of call. Not travel half way around the world in search of sanctuary.

Sometimes the first (or only) place they could find sanctuary IS halfway around the world. I had an Iranian student once who sought asylum in Greece but was denied. The Greek government was going to return him to Iran where he would have been promptly beheaded. Fortunately, he managed to make his way to the US where he was granted asylum.

First and 2nd generation immigrants in this nation have an average of 7 and 1/2 kids per family

Got a link to support that figure? Birth rates for immigrant women in the US are falling fastest of all groups in the country.

U.S. Birth Rate Falls to a Record Low; Decline Is Greatest Among Immigrants | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

I will admit, my figures are old and I'm not sure I can find them now. Things may have changed and it looks like they have. It's not as bad as what I said but apparently immigrants still are having twice as many kids as Americans.

I think it's time to bring immigration to a complete stop with exceptions only for family members of American citizens and people who marry American citizens.

How so? Why is it un-American to want America to be a better place. I probably should have finished the post though....until such times as our economy has recovered and every American citizen who wants a job, has a job.

Immigration is, and has always been, a key characteristic of America. Part of the reason why America is a better place is because of LEGAL immigration. The 'until everyone has a job' bit is specious because unemployment will never be 0%. As it is, there are far more high-skill positions available in the US than US citizens qualified to do them. Far more urgency should be given to preparing future generations of Americans for such jobs.

First and 2nd generation immigrants in this nation have an average of 7 and 1/2 kids per family

Got a link to support that figure? Birth rates for immigrant women in the US are falling fastest of all groups in the country.

U.S. Birth Rate Falls to a Record Low; Decline Is Greatest Among Immigrants | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

I will admit, my figures are old and I'm not sure I can find them now. Things may have changed and it looks like they have. It's not as bad as what I said but apparently immigrants still are having twice as many kids as Americans.

All other considerations aside, this is the only thing allowing us to delay, for a time, the demographic challenges that all developed nations (and most under-developed ones as well) are or will soon be facing.

Immigration is, and has always been, a key characteristic of America. Part of the reason why America is a better place is because of LEGAL immigration. The 'until everyone has a job' bit is specious because unemployment will never be 0%. As it is, there are far more high-skill positions available in the US than US citizens qualified to do them. Far more urgency should be given to preparing future generations of Americans for such jobs.

I might believe that if I didn't have a niece who graduated from college and couldn't find a job. A son who graduated with a 4.0 and can't find a job. A nephew who had to go back to college and become a lawyer because they were phasing out his highly technical job he got after he graduated from MIT. Imagine, a degree from MIT and you can't get a job. I also have another niece who graduated from college that is now teaching kick boxing as she can't find a job with her degree.

I do have one niece who graduated from college that actually got a job in her field, and still has it. She's a teacher. Seems to me that's about the only job out there you can get and that's getting to be a more and more dangerous and underpaid job every year.

Forum List

Back