Debate Now Who should be the VP nominees in the 2016 Presidential election and why?

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Thread Rules:
  • Answer both parts of the title question
    • Who: the name of a person with regard to a corresponding Presidential nominee/candidate
    • Why: qualities the suggested person has an blemished history of demonstrating that they can bring to the ticket
  • No "smart aleck" responses/justifications.
  • If you bring up some seemingly (to me) off topic idea, you must show how that idea is in fact on topic. (I'll ask you do so if I can't see how the remark is on topic.)
Discussion Topic:
Very straightforward. The title question is it. Note that "why not" is not part of the question or the sought answers or discussion. This is not the place to refute everyone else's suggestions while offering none of your own.

Last edited:
Hillary Clinton --> Oprah Winfrey
  • Why?
    • Oprah is well liked.
    • Oprah has a keen understanding of the "pulse" of American sentiment.
    • Oprah is smart and brings a non-career politician's perspective to the Presidency.
    • Oprah provides a suitable counter to Trump's celebrity aura.
    • Oprah is comparably successful to Trump and has had fewer failures.
    • Oprah is literally self made, having come from no beginnings even remotely close to the advantaged ones from which any of the other 2016 candidates did.

Last edited:
Donald Trump --> Dennis Miller
  • Why?
    • Miller doesn't care who opposes Mrs. Clinton.
    • Two comedians will make for an entertaining four years.
    • Miller's various commentary over the years suggests he, like Trump, seems thinks he knows "everything" about what's wrong with "everyone" else's courses of action.
    • Miller is popular and a populist.

Forum List

Back