Who should be sacrificed for the common good?

wha........?

Sorry, I was alluding to your original post/argument of who gets to live or die based on legislation vs the citizens view of politicians.

Actually my OP was about who gets to live or die based on whether appropriate regulation is being enforced
Restricted to OSHA rules, yes, you did. So basically either you're saying a stranglehold by government over the economy leading to economic stagnation and fear government is going to take our social security checks, the housing market collapse and slow economic growth should be driven by OSHA rules or you only addressed one set of issues as if it were what this whole economic debate is about.

I still believe the sacrifices should be conducted in alphabetical order.

Of course, being a 'P' biases my opinion on this matter. I am sort of hoping that we will run out of bodies by the time we get to 'L'.

Workers who work around unsafe conditions?

People who are exposed to carcinogens?

People with respiratory trouble?

Who else should be sacrificed by getting rid of "job killing regulations?" Feel free to suggest your own
The last few months has shown us that, according to our conservative "friends," everybody
should be sacrificed for the common good - except the wealthy!

Since "conservatism" is next to Godliness, they have it on good authority the Almighty wants the wealthy to have a "tax break!"

Last edited:

Who else should be sacrificed by getting rid of "job killing regulations?" Feel free to suggest your own
The last few months has shown us that, according to our conservative "friends," everybody

Since "conservatism" is next to Godliness, they have it on good authority the Almighty wants the wealthy to have a "tax break!"
Thank you for adding even -more- partisan bigotry to the topic.

Coming from you "M14 Shooter," I'll take that as a compliment!

Of course we all know that conservatives, like you, would never stoop to "partisan bigotry!"

why don't we charge tarriffs like the countries that we ship our products too, do to us when we ship to them?

Second thing is just this one thing I don't understand, the products that we used to make here but we have shiped overseas to be made for less than 10 cent's on the dollar and then they come back to us for us to buy don't seem to reflect the lessor cost of production to the American custormer.
The last thing is most of the garbage we get from overseas is just that, poor workmanship.

And to the guy who was complaining about restrictions and rules on the saftey front that are stupid and needless and only are their to make it harder to compete, would you mind explaining what that means or at least point out maybe 5 or 10 of these rules or laws that we don't need?

why don't we charge tarriffs like the countries that we ship our products too, do to us when we ship to them?...

If I charged people to read my posts, well...when would that black hole stop?

that's rather a different story. we are the top consuming nation... well, in history

"Free commerce and navigation are not to be given in exchange for restrictions and vexations, nor are they likely to produce a relaxation of them"
--Thomas Jefferson: Report on Foreign Commerce, (1793)

Sorry, but I've evolved out of the belief that some people are more valuable and important than others. I think the loss of EVERY life should be punished to the maximum extent possible, and ALL harm done to other human beings is heinous and disgusting, regardless of why.

Well, unless it is inflicted on the population by corporations... then it's okay, because those are the only "citizens" that really count, right?

::snore:: If you're waiting for me to care about your obsessive-compulsive diatribes against corporations shoehorned into every conversation, no matter how unrelated or inappropriate they are, I DO hope you're holding your breath while you do it. If you're waiting to be someone meaningful and worthwhile enough for your opinion of me to matter . . . :lmao: A puff of warm hydrogen carries more weight.

Correct.
Increasing criminal pentalties for nothng more than a supposedly intolerable intent is nothing more than attempt to impose morality.

criminal law is an attempt to impose morality. So is religion and much of what we call education.

Not quite. Criminal law is an attempt to impose morally acceptable BEHAVIOR. Hate crime laws are an attempt to impose morally acceptable THOUGHT.

Religion and education, by the way, are attempts to coerce and entice morally acceptable thought.

why don't we charge tarriffs like the countries that we ship our products too, do to us when we ship to them?...

If I charged people to read my posts, well...when would that black hole stop?

that's rather a different story. we are the top consuming nation... well, in history

"Free commerce and navigation are not to be given in exchange for restrictions and vexations, nor are they likely to produce a relaxation of them"
--Thomas Jefferson: Report on Foreign Commerce, (1793)

We are also the top producing nation...so stuff balances.

Coming from you "M14 Shooter," I'll take that as a compliment!
I have -no- doubt.

Forum List

Back