Who Says Men Aren't Romantic??

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
I happened to be in a few card stores today and couldn't help notice all the men carrying baloons with hearts on them, stuffed toys that played romantic songs, and spending quite a bit of time reading over which card to get? They actually took more time than the women to pick out cards. It was really cute to see :)

Bonnie said:
I happened to be in a few card stores today and couldn't help notice all the men carrying baloons with hearts on them, stuffed toys that played romantic songs, and spending quite a bit of time reading over which card to get? They actually took more time than the women to pick out cards. It was really cute to see :)

Hate to burst your bubble a bit...but are you sure they were being 'romantic' and not 'stressed out, cuz if they don't get it right she'll kill them' ?

:D

:cof:

Do women still like single flowers? Poetry? Hand-made things?

Along those lines...for example, my snookums went to dinner with a friend over the weekend and I had the Matre'd give her a rose in the middle of dinner. No note...but she knew who it was from.

dmp said:
Hate to burst your bubble a bit...but are you sure they were being 'romantic' and not 'stressed out, cuz if they don't get it right she'll kill them' ?

:D

:cof:

Don't be so jaded Darin...These men looked anything but stressed, they looked happy to me. :)

When I find a girl that can go from jeans and T-shirts to a cute mini skirt...not be concerned with materialistic toys other than what I can provide...carry her own weight financially as well as socially...enjoy camping and fishing and boating...as well as a short lunch at Mikey 'D's or any other fast food joint...stay monogomas vs hey the boss makes more so he is definetly sexier and more romantic then strays away to endulge her fantasies...then and only then will I find romance....so far it has eluded me since 1981 so I suspect I will remain a confirmed bachelor for all intents and purpose...Dating is fun and ya can take em home after the date and go home and be yourself without all the nagging! :dance:

GotZoom said:

Along those lines...for example, my snookums went to dinner with a friend over the weekend and I had the Matre'd give her a rose in the middle of dinner. No note...but she knew who it was from.

Yes, yes and yes
And wow you are romantic you completely get that it's the little gestures that make the difference.

Anthing that says to her "You are special to me" is romantic. Doesn't have to be expensive.

GotZoom said:

i like those things. I prefer Tim doing something nice/romantic for me (cook a nice dinner, create a hand-made card, etc.) as opposed to buying something, though I don't say 'no' to gifts...

I just wrote a new card.

"If you only knew... " (open the card) "...how much I resent you for pissing on my dreams."

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
rtwngAvngr said:
Affection vs. tokens of affection. discuss.
Affection is the feeling you have for the person. A token of affection is sometthing you give him/her to show how you feel.

Of course C.S. Lewis defines affection much differently. ;)

rtwngAvngr said:
I just wrote a new card.

"If you only knew... " (open the card) "...how much I resent you for pissing on my dreams."
RWA, you're a hopeless romantic!

I've never been a big one for Valentines Day or Sweetness Day, I've always had the oppinion that they're made up by the card shops. You know, something to sell in between Christmas and to make up for slow birthday card sales.

I love it when my husband comes home on a normal day and brings flowers. That means much more to me because it's spontanious, not something the card and jewelry shops are pushing.

archangel said:
When I find a girl that can go from jeans and T-shirts to a cute mini skirt...not be concerned with materialistic toys other than what I can provide...carry her own weight financially as well as socially...enjoy camping and fishing and boating...as well as a short lunch at Mikey 'D's or any other fast food joint...stay monogomas vs hey the boss makes more so he is definetly sexier and more romantic then strays away to endulge her fantasies...then and only then will I find romance....so far it has eluded me since 1981 so I suspect I will remain a confirmed bachelor for all intents and purpose...Dating is fun and ya can take em home after the date and go home and be yourself without all the nagging! :dance:

figured you could use this * HUG * couldn't find a picture

Some men are <i>very</i> romantic...to the point of temporary speechlessness.. Others...well..

Forum List

Back