Who Said This And Why Won't It Work

Highlights:
"We believe that in order to solve the balance sheet, first and foremost you gotta grow the private sector. The focus ought to be on private sector growth. And that private sector growth will yield increased revenues. The pie grows. The debt relative to the pie shrinks. And with fiscal discipline you can better solve your current account defecits.
Later:
"When you raise taxes on the so-called rich, you're really raising taxes on the job creators. And if the goal is private sector growth, you've gotta recognize that the best way to achieve that growth is to leave capital in the treasuries of the job creators."

George W.Bush.

:clap2: :clap2:

I wondered who would Google it...lol ( if that is how you found it ) Gramps was onto it also....

In a speech on Tax Policy at the New York Historical Society, co-hosted by Forbes over the weekend, former President George W. Bush made some strong statements against new taxes.

Highlights:

We believe that in order to solve the balance sheet, first and foremost you gotta grow the private sector. The focus ought to be on private sector growth. And that private sector growth will yield increased revenues. The pie grows. The debt relative to the pie shrinks. And with fiscal discipline you can better solve your current account defecits.​
Later:

When you raise taxes on the so-called rich, you're really raising taxes on the job creators. And if the goal is private sector growth, you've gotta recognize that the best way to achieve that growth is to leave capital in the treasuries of the job creators.

Libertarian Republican: Bush goes full force supply-sider in rare public appearance

Well, "thank you" and as a fan of Art Laffer, I do listen to him often, as did Ronald Reagan.

Your second point strikes me as being erroneous, as I see the consumers as the demand instrument for the job creators to expand their businesses and employ more people to serve the consumers needs.

The Left continues to pretend the global economy is some sort of stupid Keynesian fishbowl marketplace played out as a zero sum game - where Pelosi can create all of the jobs we need with foodstamps in our closed system.

It isn't.

A simple illustration lies in the fact billions of people around the world make products they could never hope to afford.

And it really is that basic.

The Left continues to pretend the global economy is some sort of stupid Keynesian fishbowl marketplace played out as a zero sum game - where Pelosi can create all of the jobs we need with foodstamps in our closed system.

It isn't.

A simple illustration lies in the fact billions of people around the world make products they could never hope to afford.
You seem to be mixing Keynes with Says.

Educating Libtards is why I come here.

No charge, this time.

keynesians-fail.jpg

Ha...educating me. Thanks.

Now about the actual topic, not strawmen:

You said:

And you're apparently too stupid to realize it, but the "fish bowl" you describe isn't Keynesian. It's the basic framework of Jean Baptiste Say's law that production of a product creates demand in the market equal to the vale of that production.

Do you disagree with Says?

Last edited:
Mixed economies don't work...

I would call them retarded by definition...

Educating Libtards is why I come here.

No charge, this time.

keynesians-fail.jpg

Always a pleasure!

I'll ask the question for a third time since it's painfully clear you're simply dodging to avoid admitting how wrong you are. One more time, now man up:

Are you denying the basic economic premise that the act of producing creates demand equal to the value of the item produced?

Always a pleasure!

I'll ask the question for a third time since it's painfully clear you're simply dodging to avoid admitting how wrong you are. One more time, now man up:

Are you denying the basic economic premise that the act of producing creates demand equal to the value of the item produced?

Production doesn't create demand for a product...

There are "wants" and "needs."

You can't manufacture 10,000,000 cases of paper plates and sit there and expect people to run to the shelves...

Capitalism also relies on competition.

You can't force demand...

Our loony government tried that with GE when they banned lightbulbs..

Always a pleasure!

You can't manufacture 10,000,000 cases of paper plates and sit there and expect people to run to the shelves...

He is of the Pelosian mindset that all we need is more foodstamps to hit virtual full employment.

Always a pleasure!

I didn't say production creates demand for a product. I was simply stating a pre-Keynesian concept that is a fairly straightforward accounting identity: That production of a product creates demand (general, not for that product).

Of course, Sniperfire wrongly attributed his own similar claim to a Keynesian fish bowl. It's not - it's Say's fishbowl.

I didn't say production creates demand for a product. I was simply stating a pre-Keynesian concept that is a fairly straightforward accounting identity: That production of a product creates demand (general, not for that product).

Of course, Sniperfire wrongly attributed his own similar claim to a Keynesian fish bowl. It's not - it's Say's fishbowl.

You can't create a demand...

The only possible way to create a demand is to get rid of all competition and limit production..

Excess/abundance generally lowers demand...

If it matters I am a trained accountant (which has absolutely nothing to do with economics)...

Not to mention most manufacturers only manufacture on demand via accounts..

Last edited:
Highlights:

"We believe that in order to solve the balance sheet, first and foremost you gotta grow the private sector. The focus ought to be on private sector growth. And that private sector growth will yield increased revenues. The pie grows. The debt relative to the pie shrinks. And with fiscal discipline you can better solve your current account defecits.​
Later:

"When you raise taxes on the so-called rich, you're really raising taxes on the job creators. And if the goal is private sector growth, you've gotta recognize that the best way to achieve that growth is to leave capital in the treasuries of the job creators."​

It would be so counter-intuitive if it turned out to be FDR.....

I'll wait for you to 'fess up...

You can't create a demand...
Oh really now? So companies spend a few hundred billion every year on advertising but they're wrong - doing so doesn't create demand for their product?

Increasing incomes doesn't create demand?

If it matters I am a trained accountant

You're right, that has absolutely nothing to do with economics.

Highlights:

"We believe that in order to solve the balance sheet, first and foremost you gotta grow the private sector. The focus ought to be on private sector growth. And that private sector growth will yield increased revenues. The pie grows. The debt relative to the pie shrinks. And with fiscal discipline you can better solve your current account defecits.​
Later:

"When you raise taxes on the so-called rich, you're really raising taxes on the job creators. And if the goal is private sector growth, you've gotta recognize that the best way to achieve that growth is to leave capital in the treasuries of the job creators."​

GW Bush.

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/04/bush-goes-full-force-supply-sider-in.html

Highlights:
"We believe that in order to solve the balance sheet, first and foremost you gotta grow the private sector. The focus ought to be on private sector growth. And that private sector growth will yield increased revenues. The pie grows. The debt relative to the pie shrinks. And with fiscal discipline you can better solve your current account defecits.
Later:
"When you raise taxes on the so-called rich, you're really raising taxes on the job creators. And if the goal is private sector growth, you've gotta recognize that the best way to achieve that growth is to leave capital in the treasuries of the job creators."

Already did, on page two. Jackson guessed it. :)

Forum List

Back