Who Said This and When?

Nuc said:
Don't you think gays have as much right to be miserable as the rest of us? :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:

Seriously, minority rights are protected by the constitution. I wonder if the Hispanics, when they become the majority, will do away with English entirely or keep it. My guess is they'll keep it because as time marches on more and more of them are bilingual and proud of speaking English.

Everybody's rights are protected by the Constitution.

The basis for discussion was your statement regarding majority rule whether we like the way they rule or not. My point was that this is not necessarily true.

Nuc said:
Of course second and third generation Hispanics do speak English.

And that is the real crux of the matter. If Hispanics (or any other culture for that matter) remain isolated, then your premise that the language would change could be a possibility. However, as the following generations integrate, the ties to their former country and culture becomes somewhat diluted. Each successive generation becomes more and more Americanized. The Irish, Italians and other Europeans went throught that entire porcess and while many retain pride in their heritage, they mostly feel no particularly strong tie to the "nother country" (much to the dismay of of the original immigrants in some cases). I probably have not stated this well but you get the idea.

I think the bigger issue isn't what the country will become, but what each state will become.

The individual states have decided they have more right to govern and make that laws that effect their people than the laws of the entire country.

The states will begin to do this. I can easily see California, Texas, Arizona become primarily Spanish speaking.

I don't see it in Montana.

CSM said:
And that is the real crux of the matter. If Hispanics (or any other culture for that matter) remain isolated, then your premise that the language would change could be a possibility. However, as the following generations integrate, the ties to their former country and culture becomes somewhat diluted. Each successive generation becomes more and more Americanized. The Irish, Italians and other Europeans went throught that entire porcess and while many retain pride in their heritage, they mostly feel no particularly strong tie to the "nother country" (much to the dismay of of the original immigrants in some cases). I probably have not stated this well but you get the idea.

Besides that they start mating outside their original ethnic group and that renders a lot of this stuff irrelevant. Long live the melting pot!

Nuc said:
Do you believe in Democracy? When Hispanics are the majority they will be able to call the shots according to our Constitution. They won't have to rename it Mexico or be annexed by Mexico. I posed a few serious questions and you responded with petulance. Think about it seriously and get back to the board with an adult response. Or shut up.

My response was serious, and polite. Just as polite, and practically identical in meaning as others who have answered you since I, but I don't see you giving them a ration of your shit.

There's no need for you to prove over and over again what kind of a jackass you are.

Pale Rider said:
My response was serious, and polite. Just as polite, and practically identical in meaning as others who have answered you since I, but I don't see you giving them a ration of your shit.

They haven't been inundating me with dings and then whining to the administrators and moderators when I razz them or challenge their opinions. They also don't swing on a pendulum between "Gorilla Pounding His Chest" and "Little Girl Crying to Mommy" with no intermediate stop at "Man". They also haven't challenged me to a physical fight because they can't handle criticism.

If you want to call a truce fine. If not you will undoubtably win this war because you have more rep points to ding me with and anyway I don't hand out neg rep. But don't start something and then whine when I use the only weapons available to me, wit and intelligence.

Nuc said:
They haven't been inundating me with dings and then whining to the administrators and moderators when I razz them or challenge their opinions. They also don't swing on a pendulum between "Gorilla Pounding His Chest" and "Little Girl Crying to Mommy" with no intermediate stop at "Man". They also haven't challenged me to a physical fight because they can't handle criticism.

If you want to call a truce fine. If not you will undoubtably win this war because you have more rep points to ding me with and anyway I don't hand out neg rep. But don't start something and then whine when I use the only weapons available to me, wit and intelligence.

Is that what this is all about. You've got your diaper in a bundle because I *DINGED* you?! Holy Christ.... that's pathetic. Talk about throwing a tantrum! You're crying worse than a baby with diaper rash. Get the fuck over it already. SHHHEEEZZUZ...

YOU are the one making YOURSELF look like an idiot now. And don't ask me for any TRUCE. The board has rules about trolling people, and doing nothing but FLAMING THEM INTO FIGHTS, AND THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You may not give a fuck if you get banned. I do. So do us ALL a favor, either grow a pair and get over it, and QUIT FUCKING CRYING ABOUT REP, or move your sorry ass down the road. HOLLY FUCK. What an IMBICILE!!! :fu2:

Pale Rider said:
Is that what this is all about. You've got your diaper in a bundle because I *DINGED* you?! Holy Christ.... that's pathetic. Talk about throwing a tantrum! You're crying worse than a baby with diaper rash. Get the fuck over it already. SHHHEEEZZUZ...

YOU are the one making YOURSELF look like an idiot now. And don't ask me for any TRUCE. The board has rules about trolling people, and doing nothing but FLAMING THEM INTO FIGHTS, AND THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You may not give a fuck if you get banned. I do. So do us ALL favor, either grow a pair and get over it, or move your sorry ass down the road... AND QUITE FUCKING CRYING ABOUT REP... HOLLY FUCK. What an IMBICILE!!! :fu2:

Who is Holly Fuck?

I thought you were talking to Nuc.

GotZoom said:
Edited your post from the first thing you said?

Easy.

No worries.

Just messing with you.

:beer:

I didn't know what to say.... I've never known you to mess with people just out of the blue, and I've always thought you were cool. You threw me a curve... I didn't know where you were coming from.

Pale Rider said:
I didn't know what to say.... I've never known you to mess with people just out of the blue, and I've always thought you were cool. You threw me a curve... I didn't know where you were coming from.

My bad then. Yes..I was just messing with you. Watching the two of you go back and forth between a couple of threads has been fun..lol.

I thought I would throw some levity into the situation.

And thank you for the "cool" compliment.

It's all good my friend.

Forum List

Back