Who said it? Obama, Feinstein or Reagan?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Gun-Control Quotes: Obama, Feinstein, or Reagan? -- Daily Intelligencer

1. “This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety ... While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.”

2. “I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

3. “Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited.”

4. “With the right to bear arms comes a great responsibility to use caution and common sense on handgun purchases.”

5. “Every year, an average of 9,200 Americans are murdered by handguns, according to Department of Justice statistics. This does not include suicides or the tens of thousands of robberies, rapes and assaults committed with handguns. This level of violence must be stopped.”

Good luck

Last edited:
Reagan didn't support gun control even after he was shot himself.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Reagan said all of those things. Guess almost being assasinated can do that to you

Yes Conservatives

Your god and idol was a full blown gun control advocate. Supported the Brady Bill, restricting access to assault rifles, reasonable controls on handguns

I guess seeing firsthand the results of unchecked guns will do that

Forum List

Back