Who runs this place?

SniperFire

Feb 28, 2012
Inside Your Head
I wish to thank them.

I enjoy contentious political forums and use them as a stress relief during my 'day job'.

This is the first place I have found where we can freely debate without either getting banned for being too aggressive, making the boards slow, dull and/or biased - or the alternative, where a wild free-for-all makes the forums melty and completely unusable. Even the posters seem to instinctively know when to back off and keep it real, which is also unusual.

You have found the balance, and that is fairly amazing accomplishment in my book - having seen quite a few rodeos in my day.

Yet you have done it in complete anonymity as to 'cause' and don't even have a mission statement or the like on the website. And I don't know if people even appreciate the fact that there is no advertising here, at all!

Well, anyways, thanks for providing the venue. Your anonymity is actually just fine by me!

:clap2:

I wish to thank them.

I enjoy contentious political forums and use them as a stress relief during my 'day job'.

This is the first place I have found where we can freely debate without either getting banned for being too aggressive, making the boards slow, dull and/or biased - or the alternative, where a wild free-for-all makes the forums melty and completely unusable. Even the posters seem to instinctively know when to back off and keep it real, which is also unusual.

You have found the balance, and that is fairly amazing accomplishment in my book - having seen quite a few rodeos in my day.

Yet you have done it in complete anonymity as to 'cause' and don't even have a mission statement or the like on the website. And I don't know if people even appreciate the fact that there is no advertising here, at all!

Well, anyways, thanks for providing the venue. Your anonymity is actually just fine by me!

:clap2:

it is pretty good

I do think this is a pretty good forum, fairly moderated where you are allowed to have a balance of ideas and thoughts, and some decent functionality being able to screen out people who aren't contributing to the conservation.

You have to tolerate the idiot who gets Five Red Neg Stars and still doesn't get it...

Except that I have seen a "debate" here. Mostly, its just people calling each some variation of "ass wipe" and so's your old lady.

When I first came here, I did try to "talk" to people but not anymore and I feel bad for that because it means I'm just as much a part of the problem as anyone else is.

To be fair, I know of only one forum where people actually discuss and argue without name calling and I really do enjoy the true debates that happen there. It's great to actually learn from others but I think we are getting so angry these days that civil discourse will soon be a thing of the past.

Indicative of this, I think, are the really idiotic "reality" shows where people just scream at each other. Women who don't like dresses or business owners who say they want help from a pro but are soon saying "fuck you" and stomping off. What's the point?

I don't know what the answer is but I don't think it bodes well for us.

Forum List

Back