Who Really Wrecked the Economy?

As I do so enjoy pinning the tail on the Democrat donkey...the situation lends itself to a 'what if' analysis, especially since the answers one comes up with, tend to be predictive.

What if the government had decided that it was not in its interests nor purview to choose who should own homes....novel concept?

We could call it.....say, a 'free market.'

Because if this had been the case, there would not have been GSE's or CRA's....or mortgage meltdowns.
Or, at least none of this magnitude.

And if this analysis had import, we could decide that any pols who pursued the idea of government encouragement of home ownership were, in reality, merely trolling for votes.
See Andrew Tytler.
And send them to the stocks, forthwith.

As I do so enjoy pinning the tail on the Democrat donkey...the situation lends itself to a 'what if' analysis, especially since the answers one comes up with, tend to be predictive.

What if the government had decided that it was not in its interests nor purview to choose who should own homes....novel concept?

Because if this had been the case, there would not have been GSE's or CRA's....or mortgage meltdowns.

And if this analysis had import, we could decide that any pols who pursued the idea of government encouragement of home ownership were, in reality, merely trolling for votes.
See Andrew Tytler.

I notice a distinct lack of liberals participating in this thread.... most interestingly, truthmatters has not returned to discuss the points I provided for discussion. I'm puzzled as to why she would cut and run. :lol::lol:

See Andrew Tytler.

I notice a distinct lack of liberals participating in this thread.... most interestingly, truthmatters has not returned to discuss the points I provided for discussion. I'm puzzled as to why she would cut and run. :lol::lol:

Do I detect a tongue firmly placed in cheek...?

How does Ben Bernanke get off? You really want to know? Corporations outsourcing jobs for cheap labor and banks allowed to give people loans that they know that they know they cannot afford and people who keep voting for politicians who have an (R) or a (D) next to their names. As long as people keep thinking that a Republican or a Democrat will somehow fix things and make everything better, America will continue to fall.

Banks weren't doing that.

News Headlines
Daniel Sadek - Mortgage Insider - The Orange County Register
How Citi bailed out an O.C. subprime lender - Orange County Register

How does Ben Bernanke get off? You really want to know? Corporations outsourcing jobs for cheap labor and banks allowed to give people loans that they know that they know they cannot afford and people who keep voting for politicians who have an (R) or a (D) next to their names. As long as people keep thinking that a Republican or a Democrat will somehow fix things and make everything better, America will continue to fall.

News Headlines

Oh, Sallow... are you sure this is what you want to trust as 'evidence'? Really?

Seriously, you need to stop just accepting one view because it suits your political opinion. To really understand this whole clusterfuck, you need to study the whole issue, not just find a comment from those who are partially responsible.

a myoptic attempt at racializing the housing bubble , inclusive of a timeline completely devoid of key legislative acts such as Glass Stegal ( i mean, if you really want to put Clinton down fer chrissakes!) , or any other 'banking legislation' that allowed for toxic fiscals
Wow, I've never seen someone try to spin obvious responsibility off of the culprit like this before.

Why not say Vesuvius is not to blame for Pompeii. It was the pyroclastic flow that spontaneously generated from the ether down the sides of the mountain, and not from the poor innocent volcano.

News Headlines

Oh, Sallow... are you sure this is what you want to trust as 'evidence'? Really?

Seriously, you need to stop just accepting one view because it suits your political opinion. To really understand this whole clusterfuck, you need to study the whole issue, not just find a comment from those who are partially responsible.

Sorry. Reality and Facts are what I accept. Not some convoluted nutsy tale of minorities gettin loans...and a compliant Fannie and Freddie backing them. That's not what happened.

Sorry. Reality and Facts are what I accept. Not some convoluted nutsy tale of minorities gettin loans...and a compliant Fannie and Freddie backing them. That's not what happened.

Clearly, you prefer biased spin over hard facts, because that's what you linked to. You cannot, legitimately, link to media piece written by someone with a defensive agenda as 'fact'. Well, you can but you can't expect to be taken seriously.

If you read my posts on the crisis, I have consistently maintained that BOTH political parties - and the banking industry - along with greedy Americans are responsible for this mess. Time and again that's what I've said.

My list of the Democrats fuck ups was to show posters like truthmatters how fucking stupid they are to continually trying to lay the blame solely on the GOP. Because that is just plain bullshit.

Forum List

Back