Who really "won" WW2? Russia (Soviet Union) or US/Britain?

The commies would have won regardless, which makes Defcon and PoliticalChic very unhappy. They would have rooted for the Nazis.

THe Nazi got to the outskirts of Moscow AFTER the Battle of Britain had decimated the German Airforce.

Imagine a thousand more aircraft available to the Nazi.

You take Moscow and it it going to make things very difficult for the Soviets.

But the Russians had already surrendered Moscow once before the war against Nazi Germany - to Napoleon while their war in 1812 as I could remember and what then happened to Napoleon - he died lonely somewhere in the St. Helen Island after all.

The commies would have won regardless, which makes Defcon and PoliticalChic very unhappy. They would have rooted for the Nazis.

THe Nazi got to the outskirts of Moscow AFTER the Battle of Britain had decimated the German Airforce.

Imagine a thousand more aircraft available to the Nazi.

You take Moscow and it it going to make things very difficult for the Soviets.

But the Russians haoud already surrendered Moscow once before the war against Nazi Germany - to Napoleon while their war in 1812 as I could remember and what then happened to Napoleon - he died lonely somewhere in the St. Helen Island after all.

True.

I did not say the Soviets would be doomed at that point, I said it would be difficult for them.

A lot had changed since the era of Napoleon.

Railroads would make it easier for the Nazis to hold Moscow.

The way Soviet Rails were all centered on Moscow would make it harder for the Soviets to organize a counter offensive.

I doubt it. Without the assistance of the US and the UK, the war on the eastern front would have drug on for several more years... enough time for the Nazis to deploy in numbers jet aircraft, rockets and nuclear weapons.

I doubt it. Without the assistance of the US and the UK, the war on the eastern front would have drug on for several more years... enough time for the Nazis to deploy in numbers jet aircraft, rockets and nuclear weapons.
Good points, which I have pointed out above could have happened. The proper production and deployment of jet aircraft against the Allied bombing campaign would have delayed Allied victory until 1946 or 1947. The Americans would have nuked Berlin in the late summer of 1945 if the Nazis did not look like they were going to give up any time soon.

We should have never stopped at Berlin and went all the way to Moscow.

The world today would have been a better place.

Bear, if we had tried to take on the USSR, they would have been west of Paris in several weeks.

The truth is that those who resisted won the war, including the Poles and Greeks, and I guess the French (charitably).

Considering that the Poles were occupied and oppressed for generations afterwards, I'm a little fuzzy on how you reached that conclusion.

The truth is that those who resisted won the war, including the Poles and Greeks, and I guess the French (charitably).

Considering that the Poles were occupied and oppressed for generations afterwards, I'm a little fuzzy on how you reached that conclusion.
The subject is WW2, not its aftermath.

WWII opened with the joint Nazi/Soviet invasion of Poland.

Poland was occupied by Nazis and/or SOviets though out WWII, and for a long time afterwards.

The subject is WW2, not its aftermath.

WWII opened with the joint Nazi/Soviet invasion of Poland.

Poland was occupied by Nazis and/or SOviets though out WWII, and for a long time afterwards.
The point is that whoever fought and made the Nazis pay a price made a sacrifice, a bullet or a soldier spent ultimately helped weaken the Germans. The war was not one battle/

Forum List

Back