Who really is more racist , ReP and DEm

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lovebears65, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,043
    According to history it was the DEMOCRATS .. The KKK started by a democrat
    Martin Luther king was a REP not a democrat
    Why Martin Luther King Was Republican | Conservative News, Views & Books

During the civil rights era of the 1960s, Dr. King was fighting the Democrats who stood in the school house doors, turned skin-burning fire hoses on blacks and let loose vicious dogs. It was Republican President Dwight Eisenhower who pushed to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and sent troops to Arkansas to desegregate schools. President Eisenhower also appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the U.S. Supreme Court, which resulted in the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision ending school segregation. Much is made of Democrat President Harry Truman’s issuing an Executive Order in 1948 to desegregate the military. Not mentioned is the fact that it was Eisenhower who actually took action to effectively end segregation in the military.

It was the Republicans who fought to free blacks from slavery and amended the Constitution to grant blacks freedom (13th Amendment), citizenship (14th Amendment) and the right to vote (15th Amendment). Republicans passed the civil rights laws of the 1860s, including the Civil Rights Act of 1866 and the Reconstruction Act of 1867 that was designed to establish a new government system in the Democrat-controlled South,

Few black Americans know that it was Republicans who founded the Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

So , who really are the racist.. Dems want the blacks to be with them to keep them down but they dont see it this way.I have no idea why because to DeM politician . Blacks are just a vote for them.. They really do not want to better them or their unemployment numbers would be better dont you think

2. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,462
    You might have had a point if the GOP hadn't been taken over by the tea party. There has been a fundamental change in the views of the GOP just since 2001, with an even more radical change since 2008.

Matter of fact, many "old school Republicans" (some of whom I think are pretty intelligent btw), are saddened by the far right swing the party has taken as of late.

So no..................the GOP today is NOTHING like the GOP of Lincoln.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,179
    I'd say the democrats as they don't want blacks to strive to better themselves and cause racial divide. If it wasn't for these idiots maybe blacks would improve and become a part of society.

Republicans like me are just criticizing their idiocy.

4. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    it is probably about the same in both parties

5. hazlnut

hazlnut Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,200
    Your U.S. History Teacher robbed you.

The two major U.S. political parties have switched polarities (right-left) during our history.

Lincoln, the Republican, suspended habeas corpus, an unprecedented overreach of the Federal Government powers. His party's base of support was in the Northeast and New England and was made up of former Whigs, Free Soilers, Radical Republicans and abolitionists--the bleeding heart liberals.

The Democrats of the civil war period were the party of "states rights", wealthy plantation owners and slave-holders, and arch-conservative elements.

The definition of liberal and conservative has changed over time.

You know who is the most racist party -- both, historically.

6. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,937
    Yep. Dems by a mile when it comes to race baiters though.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,615
    So to prove the GOP is less prejudiced TODAY than the Democrats is to point out their record from a long time ago? 1866?

This is not your father's GOP. I should know, I have been a member for several decades and have watched the GOP get hijacked by bigots, retards, psychopaths, hypocrites, and liars.

To paraphrase Reagan, I did not leave the Republican party. The Republican Party left me.

8. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,043
    I call bull shit the DEMs been calling REP racist long before the tea party 2 years ago

9. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,179
    I swear to god you leftist are going to rip this country the fuck apart with your hatred of whites.

10. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,033
    Dems are the party of segregation, Tuskegee experiments and "I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years"