Who played the role of "The Joker", in The batman Movies, best?

Who played the role of "The Joker", in the Batman Movies, the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First I thought it was Nicholson...I was wrong

Heath Ledger owns the title .....wherever you are Heath we love you RIP

yes you rule

Heath Ledger, Jared Leto, and Cesar Romero, IMO. I don't think Nicholson did a bad job. He did what Tim Burton wanted and was groundbreaking for its time, but I feel like Ledger, Leto, and Romero did the best job overall.
I cant say to much about Romero, due to that I actually never saw the movie with him as the Joker. Jared Leto, I think he tried way to hard to be a better joker then Ledger. Don't get me wrong he played a good joker and I wouldn't want to have an encounter with him, but I feel Ledger was the best joker by far and I don't think that we will ever say, in future batman movies, that whoever played the role of the joker, played it better then Ledger.
Ledgers Joker performance was one of the greatest played movie roles by any actor ever in my opinion.

Heath Ledger, Jared Leto, and Cesar Romero, IMO. I don't think Nicholson did a bad job. He did what Tim Burton wanted and was groundbreaking for its time, but I feel like Ledger, Leto, and Romero did the best job overall.
I cant say to much about Romero, due to that I actually never saw the movie with him as the Joker. Jared Leto, I think he tried way to hard to be a better joker then Ledger. Don't get me wrong he played a good joker and I wouldn't want to have an encounter with him, but I feel Ledger was the best joker by far and I don't think that we will ever say, in future batman movies, that whoever played the role of the joker, played it better then Ledger.
Ledgers Joker performance was one of the greatest played movie roles by any actor ever in my opinion.

Romero was the closest to the original, campy Joker before the Batman comics got super serious and gritty due to Frank Miller.

I actually liked what Leto did with the Joker. I don't necessarily think he was trying to be better than Ledger, just different from Ledger. It would have been boring if he just copied what Ledger did and put his own spin on it. Leto's Joker is like an Elseworlds Joker, IMO.

Romero was the closest to the original, campy Joker before the Batman comics got super serious and gritty due to Frank Miller.

I actually liked what Leto did with the Joker. I don't necessarily think he was trying to be better than Ledger, just different from Ledger. It would have been boring if he just copied what Ledger did and put his own spin on it. Leto's Joker is like an Elseworlds Joker, IMO.
Ok I mean by trying to be better, not being the same, but a better joker overall. They are two different jokers for sure, but Ledgers character, personality, actions, and brains I feel was the best hands down. He knew if he copied Ledger everyone would know, he knew he had to make it his own joker.

I love when Heath says whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

I just love that

Too different to say one is better.

Nicholson was the ideal comic book psycho Joker. Perfect.

Ledger played it over-the-top demented. Very different, but equally effective.

Admittedly I have not seen Leto's version.[/QUOTE
They might be too different, but you can most definitely say one is better then the other. You don't have to be the same to be better. I should say Ledgers version of the joker is better then the others

Too different to say one is better.

Nicholson was the ideal comic book psycho Joker. Perfect.

Ledger played it over-the-top demented. Very different, but equally effective.

Admittedly I have not seen Leto's version.
They might be too different versions of the villain for DC Comics "Batman, but you can definitely say one is better then the other. You don't have to be the same or do the same to be able to be better at something. Ledgers version I think, is a way, way better joker for the villain in Batman.

Heath Ledger, by far!

I do not think that there will be anyone that will be able to play the role of "The Joker" better then Heath Ledger"!

Easily Ledger, which happened to be the best Batman movie and one of the best superhero movies. Nicholson was second. This new Joker from Suicide Squad (horrible movie) was the worst. God awful all the way around.

Heath Ledger, by far!

I do not think that there will be anyone that will be able to play the role of "The Joker" better then Heath Ledger"!

Easily Ledger, which happened to be the best Batman movie and one of the best superhero movies. Nicholson was second. This new Joker from Suicide Squad (horrible movie) was the worst. God awful all the way around.

I didn't mind the way Leto portrayed the Joker. What bothered me is that the character shouldn't have been in that movie at all; it was unnecessary and took away time that could have been used on other character or plot development.

Ledger's performance will probably always remain the best Joker.

Heath Ledger, by far!

I didn't mind the way Leto portrayed the Joker. What bothered me is that the character shouldn't have been in that movie at all; it was unnecessary and took away time that could have been used on other character or plot development.

Ledger's performance will probably always remain the best Joker.
Leto's version of the joker was different, not bad, but different. But comparing the two, even though they are two different versions, Ledger takes it! Ledger made it intense, like you couldn't tell he was acting, it was like that's how he really is.
I remember the first time I saw the movie(Ledgers), the very first scene when they were robbing the bank and when the joker was revealed, I was like oh s***!
His performance gave me chills! When topics of movies or batman come up I always ask if they seen the dark knight, and if they haven't I insist that they need to watch it, or if the movie is available and there is time, I make them watch it. I can never get bored of watching it.

Out of these 4 actors who do you think would be the better "Joker".

Clint Eastwood
Russell Crowe
Leonardo DiCaprio
Daniel Craig

Or add another actor you think would be the best "Joker" other than who already played the role.

Clint Eastwood
Russell Crowe
Leonardo DiCaprio
Daniel Craig

Or add another actor you think would be the best "Joker" other than who already played the role.

Eastwood is too old.

Crowe is too stocky. He would have to slim down a lot.

I'm not a fan of DiCaprio as Joker.

I don't think Craig would work either.

IMO, William DaFoe would be the best Joker out of actors who haven't played him yet.

Clint Eastwood
Russell Crowe
Leonardo DiCaprio
Daniel Craig

Eastwood is too old.

I'm not a fan of DiCaprio as Joker.

I don't think Craig would work either.

IMO, William DaFoe would be the best Joker out of actors who haven't played him yet.

as opposed to butterball Jack Nicholson?

I prefer Nicholson to Ledger in joker performances, honestly. Could be a bias, though. Personally, when I saw Ledger in interviews talking about the whole agent of chaos approach, I couldn't help but find the whole thing ridiculous, like a gourmet presentation of a Hostess cupcake. I appear to be virtually alone in this feeling, though, and it's entirely possible that this factor, coupled with my general appreciation for Nicholson's work, has tainted my opinion. Nevertheless, every time this question even comes up, I feel a strong urge to counter with, "Which puppeteer had the most masterful Elmo performances on Sesame Street over the years?", or, "Which was a greater musical accomplishment, Hot Crust Buns, or Mary Had a Little Lamb?"

Forum List

Back