DiogenesDog

Zen Bonobo
May 1, 2006
Wady-Peytona Sector
October 7, 2007
Op-Ed Columnist
Charge It to My Kids
By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

Every so often a quote comes out of the Bush administration that leaves you asking: Am I crazy or are they? I had one of those moments last week when Dana Perino, the White House press secretary, was asked about a proposal by some Congressional Democrats to levy a surtax to pay for the Iraq war, and she responded, “We’ve always known that Democrats seem to revert to type, and they are willing to raise taxes on just about anything.”

Yes, those silly Democrats. They’ll raise taxes for anything, even — get this — to pay for a war!

And if we did raise taxes to pay for our war to bring a measure of democracy to the Arab world, “does anyone seriously believe that the Democrats are going to end these new taxes that they’re asking the American people to pay at a time when it’s not necessary to pay them?” added Ms. Perino. “I just think it’s completely fiscally irresponsible.”

Article here.

Let's hope that this cheesy thinking being done in the name of conservatism comes to an end in fifteen odd months and days.

I am a phan of Ol' Corn Pone Zig Zigglar. I don't know what he thinks in the dark at 3am or so but I have payed money to hear him speak. I have his corn pone tapes and disks. I just have never heard in any of his material that what the W_administration is now selling is salable (or is that sellable - no sellable has red lines under it.).

Here in the final months of insanity they are selling their radiator hose moon-shine for the real stuff. Obviously they are drinking their own concoctions.

What's next.

I AM

Forum List

Back